DermyTDredi

Quote from: INDIANA on May 04, 2015, 05:57:02 PM
Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 04, 2015, 04:22:02 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on May 04, 2015, 03:39:46 PM
Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 04, 2015, 02:28:52 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 04, 2015, 02:11:35 PM
Quote from: DermyTDredi on May 04, 2015, 02:05:27 PM
Quote from: Syferus on May 04, 2015, 02:02:05 PM
Still a bit unbelievable that none of the Tyrone supporters will admit to the blatantly obvious about their own team. Look, you had good footballers but if you can't see something institutional about the cynicism - which in both the AISF and AI final this year went so far as to seriously endanger the health of their opponents on numerous occasions in an attempt to win - then there really is no point in the rest of us trying to converse with you. Tyrone (and Donegal under Jim) have a win at all costs mentality that goes above and beyond what most other counties are willing to do. Trying to distract from that fact with an incident where a Tipp player stamped on a Tyrone player doesn't really wash with most people either.

Live in the world where it's all one great big media conspiracy.

im not sure what your point is - seriously. do you really think that Tyrone coach cynicism at all levels? Just because Joe Brolly said it on tv therefor it MUST be true...?

I don't profess to have any knowledge of what Tyrone teach or preach behind closed doors but the mentality is plain for anyone to see. Maybe it's just in the ether in the county now and every young team takes up the mantle of the teams they grew up watching. I doubt the players are being told to stop it and they continually take the field and ignore the wishes of their coaches - if it isn't being coached it certainly isn't being actively coached against. Whatever the case it exists and it's something Tyrone would be better off without.

I would say that the younger players try and emulate the older ones for sure - but i suspect that if youngsters want to be copying sean cavanagh they have a greater body of work to copy from in terms of point taking against mcmanus pull downs.

my point is that everyone is throwing stones in their own glass house....the media have made tyrone unpopular and they certainly are not the only team that want to win with the team they have...Kerry, cork, donegal, cavan, Monaghan, armagh all do their best to win 0- at all costs and Id arguably say that only Mayo and Dublin are teams in any way able to take the moral high ground...and to that i'd say just watch what dublin and mayo do to win this year

Absolute horsehit. Tyrone have made tyrone unpopular.

Whether it was kneeing opponents in the back, sourcing opponents girlsfriends numbers and reciting them over and over to their opponents during matches, spitting, gouging- I'm struggling to think of the last time Martin Breheny did that.

Could you point one out please.

Tyrone have a rap sheet because they created it- nobody else

Really?
Stephen O'Neill v Cork in Anthony Lynch in 2009
Peter Harte v Mayo 2013
Dooher, Canavan, mcBride v Meath 1996
McKeever v cavanagh 2014

you ask any of the 1993-94 Down team and they will tell you that Derry were a dirty shower...but given that there were only 1-2 cameras, the stuff stayed well hidden...its not a new thing and its not a tyrone thing

You have a myopic view of Tyrone - Im not saying we are saints but the media have unquestionably exacerbated the situation, lead by Brolly, Cummiskey et al

in 2005 or 2006 Paul galvin hit Kieran mcgeeny 3 times in 20 minutes - all illegal....Cavan, Donegal, Cork...f**k sake...every team have their moments...it is what it is....

hardly the fault of u21s or the assumption that the managers have systematically coached players from an early age? Sure thing joe brolly...

I don't have a myopic view. We'd plenty of hard men in Dublin over the years who went well overboard on the pitch but I'd never suggest it was a media conspiracy that highlighted the offences or were responsible for committing them. That's pure horseshit. I'd never ask for a free pass for them. They are damned by their own God damn actions. There is one or two individuals on the current Dublin team I wouldn't have involved for that reason.

You have chosen a certain way to play the game in the last 12 years. Grow up and accept the consequences that come with it.

If you don't want the media to analyse it- take your ball and go home with and petition the GAA to put all your games behind closed doors.

You've had some great footballers but also some downright nasty characters playing for you over the last 12 years and in the last 3-4 years I've seen both your minors and u21's engaged in ruthless cynical tackling off and on the ball.

don't tell me that having being involved in coaching for 35 years that this isn't practiced and rehearsed on the training pitch and it's simply "all down to the players" Players re-iterate what they do on the training pitch- its why teams train.

You won the u21 on Saturday and good luck to you but spare us the poor mouth stories of being victimised by the media. If you want to change the message- change the story and play the game a different way. Until then put a sock in it and accept the consequences that come with it.

Big deal if the Tipp manager didn't want you in the dressing room. He wasn't happy with what went on and that's his democratic right. We don't need the likes of Philip Jordan tweeting what an embarassement it was. There was a few characters that Philip played with that were an embarassement as well but he won't tweet about that.

when you calm down, take a read at what i posted about mirroring and how the young lads are likely to try and emulate the seniors...I know the players involved...and their managers, some better than others...and i can guarantee you that there is no systematic coaching...unless of course you believe everything Joe Brolly says...and your 35 year coaching has been at u14 level...just like Joe

The Stallion

Truly there are none so blind as those who will not see.

Thankfully I am greatly encouraged by the former Tyrone county player (whose identity I will protect in light of the hostile and borderline threatening reactions proliferating this thread) who wasn't as myopic in his outlook.

His anger at how some moronic Tyrone folk attempted to defend the indefensible gives me hope that all is not lost. Here's hoping one day we'll see a less cowardly and more manly brand of football from Tyrone.

Wishing you all a pleasant evening,

The Stallion

larryin89

There is some shite being spouted and such a blinkered view , even conceding (wrongly) for arguments that it's not coached at underage level . All you have to do is watch the Ricey laochra Gael programme to see what is fundamentally rotten in the Tyrone ideology of what's acceptable and what's not and you're going to tell me that doesn't filter down to the young lads . Ffs give me a break .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Fear ón Srath Bán

The Stallion, many happy returns, from the ever so proud holders of the 2015 U21 All-Ireland trophy! ;) :) :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

omaghjoe

Quote from: The Stallion on May 04, 2015, 06:59:10 PM
Truly there are none so blind as those who will not see.

Thankfully I am greatly encouraged by the former Tyrone county player (whose identity I will protect in light of the hostile and borderline threatening reactions proliferating this thread) who wasn't as myopic in his outlook.

His anger at how some moronic Tyrone folk attempted to defend the indefensible gives me hope that all is not lost. Here's hoping one day we'll see a less cowardly and more manly brand of football from Tyrone.

Wishing you all a pleasant evening,

The Stallion

LOL brilliant your not a journalist you know you don't need to protect sources

Go on, give us a clue? era? level? Gowan don't be a spoilsport....U wally

omaghjoe

Quote from: larryin89 on May 04, 2015, 07:03:58 PM
There is some shite being spouted and such a blinkered view , even conceding (wrongly) for arguments that it's not coached at underage level . All you have to do is watch the Ricey laochra Gael programme to see what is fundamentally rotten in the Tyrone ideology of what's acceptable and what's not and you're going to tell me that doesn't filter down to the young lads . Ffs give me a break .

Quite right Give us a break... brand/ideology stop this rehashed journalistic grandstanding bsh*t...its football for Christ sake not a marketing seminar or a theological debate

kickingmule

Quote from: larryin89 on May 04, 2015, 07:03:58 PM
Chill out clown... and take a cold bath
It works ... honest!!!

DermyTDredi

I've had enough...I'm away to Galbally here and given the boys a hand in training. Peter Donnelly is holding a "dragging and pulling" seminar for pregnant women...getting them early.

BennyHarp

There's a lot of fear in the anti Tyrone posters. I think they sense that Tyrone are rising again and are making sure to set their stall out to discredit our future success. I understand the weaker counties like Mayo, Roscommon and Derry getting frustrated that Tyrone may dominate again before they've even made a meaningful challenge for Sam. But you'd think the Dubs would be a bit more comfortable in their own skin, but then again, they always had a weak underbelly when they met us in our pomp. I  really hope their fears prove to be correct but I wouldn't be as confident........just yet!  :)
That was never a square ball!!

Syferus

Quote from: BennyHarp on May 04, 2015, 07:34:42 PM
There's a lot of fear in the anti Tyrone posters. I think they sense that Tyrone are rising again and are making sure to set their stall out to discredit our future success. I understand the weaker counties like Mayo, Roscommon and Derry getting frustrated that Tyrone may dominate again before they've even made a meaningful challenge for Sam. But you'd think the Dubs would be a bit more confident in their own skin, but then again, they've always had a weak underbelly. I  really hope their fears prove to be correct but I wouldn't be as confident........just yet!  :)

You know the rule makers will catch up to this stuff eventually, right? What will you do if you really need that 'edge' to win then?

This all reminds me of businessmen writing 'How I Did It' self-help books. They attribute significance to every action or habit in their lives and portray it as being part of the reason they got to where they were - that it was all more or less essential to success. Reality tells you things are far more fractured than that and many acts have no great meaning or influence.

The question of defensive football is actually at one side to all this - it's one thing playing football on the counter but another to be recklessly aggressive seemingly at an organisational level. That's just not what sport is or should be about. Tyrone could have won this AI without elbowing, kneeing or throwing anyone into a goalpost - would that not have been the way to 'stick it' to the critics, to win by just playing a better system and better football?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Sweet suffering Syferus, I really do believe that your inexhaustible energies would be better employed positively in raising the Roscommon star than trying to do ours down. Incidentally, you've as much chance of succeeding in that fruitless quest as Sisyphus himself! Keep 'er lit, loving it :) :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

BennyHarp

Quote from: Syferus on May 04, 2015, 07:43:31 PM
There's a lot of fear in the anti Tyrone posters. I think they sense that Tyrone are rising again and are making sure to set their stall out to discredit our future success. I understand the weaker counties like Mayo, Roscommon and Derry getting frustrated that Tyrone may dominate again before they've even made a meaningful challenge for Sam. But you'd think the Dubs would be a bit more confident in their own skin, but then again, they've always had a weak underbelly. I  really hope their fears prove to be correct but I wouldn't be as confident........just yet!  :)

You know the rule makers will catch up to this stuff eventually, right? What will you do if you really need that 'edge' to win then?

This all reminds me of businessmen writing 'How I Did It' self-help books. They attribute significance to every action or habit in their lives and portray it as being part of the reason they got to where they were - that it was all more or less essential to success. Reality tells you things are far more fractured than that and many acts have no great meaning or influence.

The question of defensive football is actually at one side to all this - it's one thing playing football on the counter but another to be recklessly aggressive seemingly at an organisational level. That's just not what sport is or should be about. Tyrone could have won this AI without elbowing, kneeing or throwing anyone into a goalpost - would that not have been the way to 'stick it' to the critics, to win by just playing a better system and better football?

Yep, the journey is more important than arriving at your destination. That's what all losers tell themselves. On your other point, in following Tyrone for over 35 years at all levels, I can't pin point one serious injury inflicted on an opposition player by "reckless aggressiveness", maybe you can give an example. Either, this is just incredibly lucky over 35 years at all levels or you are full of nonsense just like the 1 minute assault you were bleating on about after the semi final. I genuinely don't think there's another poster on the board who has been so bitter about a defeat for so long, you really need to get over it.....for your own sanity!

I think that's it from me on this thread! Roll on Ballybofey!

Catch and Kick

Rule makers catch up with it?
Give me a break....They have totally mishandled rule changes, referee administration and have brought game to it's knees.
Black cards are the final straw - and all these have been knee jerk reactions to high profile headline grabbers seeing attention, Brolly, McGee, Spillane......
They expect players and officials to walk off the field and sing dumb after - in the words of Brian Cody - 'criminal decisions' that are costing teams games.
The whole respect campaign is FLAWED.
When I was growing up I was always told you had to earn respect.
This feel good catch phrase - Give respect, get respect..... in nothing but window dressing.... if they added 'earn respect' maybe referees look at it differently and of course no sanction on poor refereeing performances.
You then have to consider referee assessors - these guys take the biscuit.... blatant bad decisions are not being picked up by them either!!!!
I'm saying all this because Tipperary probably suffered at the death from a stupid stupid decision but that doesn't take away from the Tyrone lads and their great win..

Put Up That Flag

Ah no, please continue on this thread trying to defend yere filthy tactics and execution of the dark arts, its the only way ye can win a game you do realise that.

Roll of Ballybofey surely for Donegal showing ye how to play a bit of ball and not kneeing opponents in the face or trying to decapitate opponents with elbows. Haha yeah ye really are a class act. Go on post the pic again of ye lifting the cup to try to cconvince yereselfes ye were the best team.

BennyHarp

Quote from: Put Up That Flag on May 04, 2015, 08:18:05 PM

Ah no, please continue on this thread trying to defend yere filthy tactics and execution of the dark arts, its the only way ye can win a game you do realise that.

Roll of Ballybofey surely for Donegal showing ye how to play a bit of ball and not kneeing opponents in the face or trying to decapitate opponents with elbows. Haha yeah ye really are a class act. Go on post the pic again of ye lifting the cup to try to cconvince yereselfes ye were the best team.

I'm sure this post makes loads of sense to someone. But you ye seem a bit obsessed with us!