All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Criostoir Davey,Kevin McDonnell, Cian Breheny would be a few Sligo seniors that will line out for their U-21s on Wedneday i can imagine then all the Henrys Cathal,Kevin,Liam,Stephen who are all good footballers.  Sligo have given us good competitive games at both minor,U21 the last two years and i would expect more of the same in Kiltoom. Hopefully weatherwise its a good night for football & of course we win.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

macdanger2

How dare you have the temerity to suggest that ye're boys won't just roll over in the face of the Rossie juggernaut, Seanie

Syferus

Quote from: macdanger2 on March 16, 2015, 05:32:55 PM
How dare you have the temerity to suggest that ye're boys won't just roll over in the face of the Rossie juggernaut, Seanie

Coming from the Globetrotters themselves that's some going Mac.

Rossfan

Quote from: macdanger2 on March 16, 2015, 05:32:55 PM

Keep yer rhubarb nose put of this  :P
I'd be surprised if we don't do the business but expect a full blooded challenge from the Shliigos.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Shrewdness

I didn't say that i expected Sligo to roll over, only that i expect Ros to win... No need for that attitude Seanie.

twohands!!!

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 16, 2015, 04:14:21 PM
Interested to find out, perhaps the Kerry men can shed some light. Are those players on the 'extended Kerry panel' not expected to take any part in the U21 championship? Are they on a fast track to the Kerry senior panel as such??

I would assume that they are just part of the training panel - Conor Keane came on in the league for Kerry this year so you would think he's the player closest to the senior setup.

Looking at the Kerry squad and surname and clubs is like playing a game of spot the relative  - the Spillanes of Templenoe are the ones that obviously jump out.
Does anyone know if Niall Sheehy is anything to Mikey Sheehy - looks like the wrong Tralee club though?
Is Kevin McCarthy Kilcummin anything to Michael McCarthy?
Is Cathal Murphy Rathmore anthing to Paul Murphy?

twohands!!!

Antrim v Armagh U21 Football Championship

1 Ronan Hanna Naomh Seamus
2 Conor O Rawe Naomh Treasa
3 Jack Hannigan Naomh Eoin
4 Gerard Mc Corley Clann Eireann
5 Ruairi Wilson Naomh Gall
6 Patrick Mc Aleer Naomh Uile
7 Conor Mc Cann Ciceim
8 Ronan Mc Cafferty Naomh Eoin
9 Conor Burke Naomh Gall
10 Conor Mallon Naomh Treasa
11 Dermot Mc Aleese Mhic Asmaint Captain
12 Joe Scullion Con Mac Aoidh
13 Ruairi Scott Naomh Eanna
14 Matthew Fitzpatrick Naomh Eoin
15 Rory Mc Cann Ciceim

16 Tiernan Hughes Ard Eoin
17 James O Connell Naomh Muire
18 Padraig Mc Partland Daibhid
19 Pearse Fitzsimmons Lamh Dhearg
20 Conor Mc Neill Con Mac Aoidh
21 Declan Trainor Con Mac Aoidh
22 Kristen Healy Naomh Eanna
23 Seamus Mc Garry Naomh Seamus
24 Matthew Lapping Lamh Dhearg
25 Mark Cummings Naomh Gall
26 Ciaran Loney Naomh Seosamh
27 James Mc Auley Naomh Eanna
28 Donal Nugent Naomh Eoin
29 Conor Dooey Cuchullian
30 Oisin Hamill Naomh Seosamh

twohands!!!

Team News

The Tipperary U21 Football team to play Clare this Wednesday night in Semple Stadium at 7.30pm, in the Eirgrid Munster Under 21 Football Championship semi-final includes 5 of the starting line up that defeated Louth in the Allianz Football League on Sunday last, March 15th, in Drogheda plus John McGrath and Bill Maher from the Senior Hurling panel. The team is managed by Tommy Toomey of Arravale Rovers and he is assisted by the other selectors from the Tipperary Senior Football management team.

Evan Comerford (Kilsheelan Kilcash)
Kevin Fahey (Clonmel Commercials)
Jimmy Feehan (Killenaule)
Colm O'Shaughnessy (Ardfinnan)
Colin O'Riordan Capt. (JK Brackens)
Ross Mulcahy (Moyle Rovers)
Bill Maher (Kilsheelan Kilcash)
Liam Casey (Cahir)
Steven O'Brien (Ballina)
Paul Shanahan (Upperchurch Drombane)
Ian Fahey (Clonmel Commercials)
Jason Lonergan (Clonmel Commercials)
Paul Maher (Kilsheelan Kilcash)
John McGrath (Loughmore Castleiney)
Josh Keane (Golden Kilfeacle)

twohands!!!

Cork team lines out as follows:

1.      Micheál Martin (Nemo Rangers)
2.      Michael Mc Sweeney (Newcestown)
3.      Jamie Davis (Douglas)
4.      Stephen Cronin (Nemo Rangers)
5.      Tomas O'Rourke (Carbery Rangers)
6.      Sean White (Clonakilty)
7.      Kevin Crowley (Millstreet)
8.      Alan O'Donovan (Nemo Rangers)
9.      Darragh Murphy (Valley Rovers)
10.   Brian O'Driscoll (Tadhg MacCarthaigh) Capt.
11.   Kevin Davis (O'Donovan Rossa)
12.   Ryan Harkin (Mallow)
13.   Cathal Vaughan (Iveleary)
14.   Peter Kelleher Kilmichael
15.   Sean O'Donoghue (Inniscarra)

Subs:

16.   Anthony Casey (Kiskeam)
17.   Dylan Quinn (St. Finbarr's)
18.   Kevin Cremin (Boherbue)
19.   Cian Kiely (Ballincollig)
20.   Dan O'Callaghan (Clyda Rovers)
21.   Colm Hyde (Naomh Abán)
22.   Conor Horgan (Nemo Rangers)
23.   Cillian McIntyre (Carrigaline)
24.   Michael Hurley (Castlehaven)

Extended panel:

Ross O'Donovan (Nemo Rangers), Niall Motherway (Dungourney),

Michael Desmond (Cill Na Martra), Cian Dorgan (Ballincollig),

Anthony O'Connor (Knocknagree).

Not considered due to injury:

Ian Maguire (St. Finbarr's), Sam Ryan (St. Finbarr's), Kieran Histon (Cobh).

Itchy

I think Sligo may run Ros close. I'm hearing sligo have a decent u21 team and throw in the Roscommon arrogance and possible complacency and a shock could be on the cards.

Rossfan

Roscommon arrogance!!!
Jasis but that's a new one.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

:o

If anyone thinks Roscommon will be complacent against Sligo they have zero sense for the recent history between the teams at minor and U21. Most of this panel were almost ambushed last Spring in Sligo.

Sligo's approach to their U21 team has left much to be desired regardless of the result on Wednesday.

weareros

If anything will fell Ros it's the amount of football the young lads have already played this year, between Colleges and both grades of county. You can be sure Murtagh and Smith will be required again on Sunday for the game against Meath - 3 big games in 1 week. That's on top of the heavy duties DCU required of Smith. Serious burnout territory.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: twohands!!! on March 16, 2015, 06:18:09 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 16, 2015, 04:14:21 PM
Interested to find out, perhaps the Kerry men can shed some light. Are those players on the 'extended Kerry panel' not expected to take any part in the U21 championship? Are they on a fast track to the Kerry senior panel as such??

I would assume that they are just part of the training panel - Conor Keane came on in the league for Kerry this year so you would think he's the player closest to the senior setup.

Looking at the Kerry squad and surname and clubs is like playing a game of spot the relative  - the Spillanes of Templenoe are the ones that obviously jump out.
Does anyone know if Niall Sheehy is anything to Mikey Sheehy - looks like the wrong Tralee club though? - No relation.
Is Kevin McCarthy Kilcummin anything to Michael McCarthy? - Younger brother.
Is Cathal Murphy Rathmore anthing to Paul Murphy?- Younger, bigger, potentially better brother!

FYI Dhá Láimh.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

magpie seanie

Quote from: Shrewdness on March 16, 2015, 06:12:32 PM
I didn't say that i expected Sligo to roll over, only that i expect Ros to win... No need for that attitude Seanie.

What attitude? Are you confusing me with someone else?