All Ireland u21 football championship 2015

Started by giveballaghback, February 16, 2015, 09:57:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryin89

This is all crystal ball stuff though as regards Roscommon, Ye keep making reference to a model that has yet to produce anything remotely successful at senior level. Now it may well come to fruit and in fairness it's looking increasingly likely but I repeat this model has not produced any final results as of yet.

Some people still reckon come the White Heat of senior championship these gausuns will be still trailing behind Higgins,Boyle and co.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

We are working hard with limited resources.
We now have a bigger number of talented young lads than before.
Where will that take us? Time will tell but let's walk before we start trying to run.
Our u21s are in a Connacht Final, our Seniors are a bit up and down in D2.
Hopefully a better end of season report but let's wait and see.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 18, 2015, 08:48:19 PM
Tipp beat Clare handily 0-15 to 0-7. Tipp were favourites but I thought Clare would give it a better shake than that.

Cork beat Kerry 1-12 to 1-9 so it's a Tipp Cork final.

Darragh O Sé not setting the world alight. Neither did Fitzmaurice before him though I suppose.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

magpie seanie

I wish Roscommon well. Ye are doing the work and your underage teams are run excellently, pursuing excellence and that's a credit to ye. There seems to be a savage intensity to what is being done and that is needed to move up the number of levels ye have in the last decade or so. Good luck in the Connacht final and if ye win that I hope ye win the whole thing.

In Sligo we should be copying your underage template but progressing Sligo football is not high on the agenda for most of the people on the county board. I fell sorry for our players. I know they're not bad players and they don't deserve to be humiliated like this but you simply can't go into a game against one of the top teams in the country (if not the top team) with no preparation. Still - the suits in Croke Park think our lads are doing a great job and keeping them happy is the only game in town unfortunately.

tippabu

Quote from: larryin89 on March 19, 2015, 09:36:14 AM
This is all crystal ball stuff though as regards Roscommon, Ye keep making reference to a model that has yet to produce anything remotely successful at senior level. Now it may well come to fruit and in fairness it's looking increasingly likely but I repeat this model has not produced any final results as of yet.

Some people still reckon come the White Heat of senior championship these gausuns will be still trailing behind Higgins,Boyle and co.

Like roscommon we put aa a plan in place 10 years ago or so for football and yes we're not exactly winning all Irelands or anything but we are lightyears away from where we were. This year we are in our 7th muster under 21 final in 9 years, had massive success at minor and our seniors are in the best position we've been in in an awfully long time. Definitely merit to getting your house in order and having a plan.

Decent win for us last night, we look strong defensively and around the middle but are lacking a bit up front

Jinxy

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on March 19, 2015, 09:58:30 AM
Tipp beat Clare handily 0-15 to 0-7. Tipp were favourites but I thought Clare would give it a better shake than that.

Darragh O Sé not setting the world alight. Neither did Fitzmaurice before him though I suppose.

Kerry just aren't that bothered about the u-21 grade.
Neither are we.
Actually we're not that bothered about any grade lately.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Jinxy on March 19, 2015, 12:49:43 PM

Neither are we.

Amen brother. Sure it's a lovely day, no point getting too worked up about it.

AZOffaly

He's stepped down officially now. That was his 3rd year, and 3 defeats by Cork.

larryin89

Would. I be right in saying Kerry have only two Munster titles this century?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

AZOffaly

Yep 2002 and 2008. They won the All Ireland in 2008.

moysider

seafoid

Quote from: Jinxy on March 19, 2015, 12:49:43 PM

Neither are we.
not boddered

gibbs32

Tipperary football is another great example of 10 years of planning. They beat the rossies at minor in 2011 snd were impressive.i tipped them to get promoted but i didnt ecpect fermanagh to be there. It can work as it is presently in tossie,dub and tipp land

gibbs32

Syferus

Surprised O'Se's reign fizzled out without any real impact. This year in particular he seemed to have geared up for an AI run.