NHL 2015

Started by seafoid, February 15, 2015, 04:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roashter

Unless Clare beat Kilkenny in Nowlan Park and Galway beat Dublin in Parnell park, the relegation play-off will be Clare v Kilkenny at either a neutral venue or they will toss for home advantage.

Should both Clare beat Kilkenny & Galway beat Dublin then it will be Kilkenny v Dublin in Nowlan park as Dublin have already had 3 home games while Kilkenny have only had 2 in this campaign.

deiseach

waterfordlad

We're back up which is a good achievement considering the away games we had against Limerick, Offaly and Wexford and the young team so happy with that. Derek McGrath got a lot of criticism last year and after the dropping of some experienced players before this season started but he deserves credit for the promotion.

Roashter

Good to see Waterford coming back up. They've obviously been working away nicely in the background and 1 season in 1B seems to have done them the world of good. They also have a bit of a hoodoo over Galway so could well find themselves into a league semi-final where more than likely they would face Cork which would be a nice prelude to the championship.

While Wexford are making good progress, they are probably just that little bit off for 1A. Yesterday's game will have shown them the work they still need to do, and are perhaps a bit unlucky to have to face Cork below in Pairc Ui Rinn. Cork will no doubt be smarting from their late collapse to Tipperary.

deiseach

Quote from: Roashter on March 23, 2015, 03:07:44 PM
Good to see Waterford coming back up. They've obviously been working away nicely in the background and 1 season in 1B seems to have done them the world of good. They also have a bit of a hoodoo over Galway so could well find themselves into a league semi-final where more than likely they would face Cork which would be a nice prelude to the championship.

Not in the League we don't, especially in knockout ties:

And the semi-final would be against the winners of Tipperary and Offaly. Even getting to see one more home game this year is gravy though.

AZOffaly

Well done Waterford in getting back up. And deiseach, thanks for the courtesy of saying they'll play the winner of Tipp and Offaly :)

Premier Emperor

I predict Galway to get over Waterford. Waterford have been playing against a lower standard and will struggle to step up.

Thewildcat

bullshit didn't waterford draw with limerick and beat wexford, the same to who beat Tipp and Clare in last years championship. Galway are like the weather beat kilkenny one day Antrim could beat them the next, been a home game i give waterford every chance, and didn't cork win munster from division 1B last year premier Emperor.

deiseach

Quote from: Premier Emperor on March 27, 2015, 09:37:25 AM
I predict Galway to get over Waterford. Waterford have been playing against a lower standard and will struggle to step up.

:)

johnneycool

Quote from: Thewildcat on March 28, 2015, 01:21:56 PM
bullshit didn't waterford draw with limerick and beat wexford, the same to who beat Tipp and Clare in last years championship. Galway are like the weather beat kilkenny one day Antrim could beat them the next, been a home game i give waterford every chance, and didn't cork win munster from division 1B last year premier Emperor.

That Div1b crap is just lazy nonsense trotted out by the ill informed and as you say, if it doesn't suit the narrative it isn't mentioned..

Waterford won yesterday and won well because they were in winning form and probably had tougher games in the league proper. Who knows where each team is at in terms championship preparation so any victories in March or April should not be seen as some sort of guide come summer time.

seafoid

Quote from: deiseach on March 29, 2015, 06:15:13 PM

Galway's record against Waterford is abysmal.
More of the same.

theskull1

Quote from: johnneycool on March 30, 2015, 09:13:16 AM

That Div1b crap is just lazy nonsense trotted out by the ill informed and as you say, if it doesn't suit the narrative it isn't mentioned..

Waterford won yesterday and won well because they were in winning form and probably had tougher games in the league proper. Who knows where each team is at in terms championship preparation so any victories in March or April should not be seen as some sort of guide come summer time.

Didn't the deise have a good league last year as well and then blew up come championship?

They do look a more cohesive unit now compared to last year AFAICS
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

johnneycool

Quote from: theskull1 on March 30, 2015, 11:11:50 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on March 30, 2015, 09:13:16 AM

Didn't the deise have a good league last year as well and then blew up come championship?

They do look a more cohesive unit now compared to last year AFAICS

Deise got relegated last year, took Cork to a replay in Munster and then got well beat in the replay IIRC. Wheels came off the wagon after that, not uncommon for a youngish team, looking for back to back performances can be hard to get.

Thewildcat

sure didn't limerick beat tipp the last two years in munster, :o  i think we could see a Dublin waterford league final, with Callanan missing for tipp they are in trouble

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: seafoid on March 30, 2015, 10:25:41 AM
Quote from: deiseach on March 29, 2015, 06:15:13 PM

Galway's record against Waterford is abysmal.
More of the same.
Regardless of the opposition, Galway were abysmal yesterday - no leaders, no fight and no obvious game plan that I could see - will be a very short Summer by the looks of things.................