Until the ground hardens up

seafoid

Nice last minute win for Galway.

mouview

Quote from: seafoid on February 15, 2015, 04:20:40 PM
Nice last minute win for Galway.

Performance very poor though.

Canalman

Nice win for us today against by far the worst Tipperary side I have ever seen.Puts win in perspective.

Tipperary players have done a Galway and bulked up no end.................... almost twice the size of some of the Dubs they were marking. Presume they were flat due to the preseason work .

Well pleased and hopefully we can stay up and maybe sneak a semi place.

Have a hunch Cork will struggle big time in the league.

Thewildcat

its only the first game of the year, i bet if tipp were to meet Dublin later in the summer it will be a different story,  the cats well are the cats they will always be there, good win for Galway today, Davy getting hot under the collor again.

good draw for waterford, offalys win over laois wasn't that much of a shock laois weren't going to catch them two years on the hop, wexford lucky to beat Antrim.

Asal Mor

Great result for Galway, though the conditions probably suited us(I backed us yesterday morning when I saw the weather) and you'd worry about how we'd deal with Clare's pace in the summer. You couldn't read anything into the result but it won't do us any harm.

Glynn has become our most important player and we're always capable of goals with him around.

Farrandeelin

Must say I enjoyed that 2nd half of the Dublin v Kilkenny game there.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

INDIANA

Quote from: Farrandeelin on February 22, 2015, 03:35:21 PM

Was a good performance. But we'll have to listen to the hurling snobs out there telling us you won't bate them in the summer

seafoid

Quote from: INDIANA on February 22, 2015, 03:56:43 PM

Was a good performance. But we'll have to listen to the hurling snobs out there telling us you won't bate them in the summer
Maybe the greatest team ever Indy. The stickwork alone. It sounds like arrogance in feb to think the dubs will be that good.

AZOffaly

Nothing to do with hurling snobs. More to do with bitter experience. But ye did beat them in the summer a couple of years ago so who knows?

johnneycool

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 23, 2015, 11:30:31 AM

Nothing to do with hurling snobs. More to do with bitter experience. But ye did beat them in the summer a couple of years ago so who knows?

Cody is on record as saying he always fears Galway teams as there's no knowing what you'll get and if they click they've given Kilkenny as good a running as anyone has in his tenure.

I hope Cody will be looking to add the Dubs to that list as well come the summer again just to make it more interesting.

seafoid

Galway have a very poor record against Tipp under O'Shea.
But I suppose they were missing a few .

Asal Mor

Some encouraging performances seafoid.  A lot of the new lads(Padraig Mannion, Lally, Higgins, Hansbury) are going well so we'll hopefully have a strong squad come championship. Hansbury did especially well apart from Callanan's goal which he'll learn from. And the player that impressed me most was Joseph Cooney. He's improved a lot. He looks a serious force now(it's funny watching him - his mannerisms are the exact same as his father). It's a game we could easily have won at the end but the result wasn't really significant.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Asal Mor on February 23, 2015, 04:19:14 PM
Some encouraging performances seafoid.  A lot of the new lads(Padraig Mannion, Lally, Higgins, Hansbury) are going well so we'll hopefully have a strong squad come championship. Hansbury did especially well apart from Callanan's goal which he'll learn from. And the player that impressed me most was Joseph Cooney. He's improved a lot. He looks a serious force now(it's funny watching him - his mannerisms are the exact same as his father). It's a game we could easily have won at the end but the result wasn't really significant.

Aye, that point over his shoulder could well have been filmed 25 years ago.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

seafoid

Quote from: Asal Mor on February 23, 2015, 04:19:14 PM

DJ from 2010 at 1.28 could be asking the same question this year
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=831HqYWcUC0

I think this policy of mol an oige is very much worth it
Tiocfaidh siad... eventually