2015 Laois Senior Hurling

Started by redsetanta, February 13, 2015, 12:55:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redsetanta

What time is the bus leaving at? Must be a 4/5 hour journey up there. 9am start i'd say.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Unlaoised

I'm not sure someone had it on Facebook....I can't go myself raging I was planing on going!
LAOIS ABÚ

portlaoisekid

I see 3 Antrim players have left the panel this week...

As for the journey ,AA route planner says from Portlaoise to Ballycastle is 343.68 km and a drive in a car of 4 hrs 14 minutes.... not thats long journey for any supporter in a car ,let alone a bus.....

Tobias

Not sure any of those three would be starting. I still expect a big game out of Antrim, hopefully we can match there enthusiasm and have a little bit of extra class to finish them off. Any ideas on the starting team?? I think Mathew, Neil F are doubtful and I'd imagine picky is out of this one.
I'd go with this...
E Rowland
B Stapleton
C Healy
J Delaney
J Fitz
M Whelan(if fit)
J Walsh
P Purcell
P Whelan/J Campion
W Hyland
Z Keenan
T Fitz
PJ Scully
R King

Plenty of options with Reilly,T Delaney, D Palmer, N Foyle, Campion/Whelan, C Dunne, J Purcell, B Reddin to come in.
Have I left anyone obvious out?

redsetanta

Well you're giving Antrim a chance only playing 14 against them.
I assume its Cha you left out.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Tobias

burdizzo

I hope it's not a premonition - that Cha gets sent off, and Laoise end up playing w/ 14!!

burdizzo

I hear Whelan and Foyle are definitely out.

TheGreatGame

If we were told this time last year that Matthew, Neil and Picky were out we'd have thought we were done for.  They will be big losses if they are out, for sure, but we have lads to replace them.

It's not our starting 15 which concerns me, it's the question of whether we'll be as up for it as Antrim.  We've beaten them twice on the trot now and they've received stinging criticism after relegation.  If there is anything in them they will be like demons for this one.

I hate this round robin system, it's a series of thankless "fecked if you do, fecked if you don't" banana skins.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

Stephen 'Picky' Maher ahead of Sunday's Leinster SHC opener with Antrim
https://soundcloud.com/midlandssport/picky-maher-pre-championship

Laois captain Joe Fitzpatrick ahead of their Leinster Senior Hurling Championship round-robin match away to Antrim
https://soundcloud.com/midlandssport/joe-fitzpatrick-pre-antrim
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

G@@

It's utter ballcocks that this game is in Antrim let alone fecking Ballycastle. We were all promised that Antrim's participation in the LSHC meant they got no home games. A total joke that we have to trek a 400+ miles round trip to see our county hurlers play in our provincial championship. Utter ballcocks.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

redsetanta

Laois Senior Hurling Manager Seamas Plunkett has announced his starting 15 for Sunday's Leinster SHC Round Robin clash with Antrim.

1.       Enda Rowland                        St Lazerian's Abbeyleix

2.       John A Delaney                     Clough Ballacolla

3.       Cahir Healy                           Portlaoise

4.       Brian Stapleton                     Borris-in-Ossory-Kilcotton

5.       Joe Fitzpatrick   ©                Rathdowney Errill

6.       Matthew Whelan                  Borris-in-Ossory-Kilcotton

7.       Conor Dunne                       The Harps

8.       Zane Keenan                        Camross

9.       Patrick Purcell                      Rathdowney Errill

10.   PJ Scully                                 Borris-in-Ossory-Kilcotton

11.   Joe Campion                           Borris-in-Ossory-Kilcotton

12.   Charles Dwyer                        Ballinakill

13.   Ross King                               Rathdowney Errill

14.   Willie Hyland                         Clough Ballacolla

15.   Tommy Fitzgerald                  Portlaoise

Interesting team put out by Cheddar. Rowland retains his place in goal and Willie Hyland in at 14 with Zane in centrefield.
Will they start as listed?

G@@

Very impressive line-up for Sunday, if they click well and get an early goal or two they could run up a massive victory there with that forward six.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

portlaoisekid

Great to see Matthew Whelan start, he is key in our defence and when hurling well is top class.

I agree with G@@ that if we get goals early we will win handy enough but my worry is is it turns out to be a dog fight and will give them any belief they are in a game, we have to punish them early.  I see Laois winning by 8+ points, pulling away in the last 20 minutes .

Tobias

Jesus lads steady on, this will be tougher than ye think. I'd be bitterly disappointed to lose but I'd take any kind of a win at the same time.