Most naturally talented

Started by gaafan123, November 19, 2006, 10:18:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spiritof98

It wasn't an insult, in a way I was backing you up. Your highly succesful tactic enabled you to use your physique to win a lot of ball and then lay off and a lot of contact was made (mostly with smaller opposition) occasionly leading to the odd elbow.
Also I was merely highlighting my rough acquaintance with Seamus Downey who was referred as not as dirty as you.

BC is goldenyears your new bodygaurd ;)
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Billys Boots

Jaysus BC, you can't even stay out of rows in cyberspace.  :P
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

brokencrossbar1

Spirit he is repaying me for looking after him over the years!

Billy, it is in me to argue.

illdecide

Sorry to break up your argument, but Canavan has to be no 1. But i'm thinkin of a guy that had talent to burn and he could have been one of the best footballers to ever come out of Down only his head was up his ASS "Ciaran McCabe", seriously he had the talent.. (and thats not his girlfriend i'm talking about) :)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

loughshore lad

Has to be Canavan for me, he consistently did the business over the longest period of time with both club and county as well as battling with a few bad injuries.
Brian Mcguigan ranks up there too - no coincidence that in every team where he has been the focal point won everything in sight.
Maurice Fitz was supremely talented too but didnt see eough of him in the flesh.
Henry Downey was a class act also had the grear ability of contolling the game from centre half back

Maximus Marillius

Is Brokencrossbar1 the legendary cross full forward Gavin Cumiskey that supplied the flights to Jim etc, etc?

Spiritof98

Booo

Get your lawyer ready!

No I'm Sparticus!!
I'll go back if Marsdens back

full back

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

winsamsoon

Here crossbar the monkey (jim mc conville) was some footballer. I would rate him highier than oisin. I remember watching him one day up in Cross in the Ulster against Burren. It was a real bollox of a day wind, rain helicopters the lot. The ball was lobbed into the square and wee jim lept like a salmon above them all to fist it over the bar in the dying minutes. He also gave a defender a headlight that day. Shorty trainor was playing for burren, he was on free taking duties.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

charlie linkbox

I remember being Scotstown last year with my brother at the Monaghan vs. Kerry league game. Before the game we were surveying the Kerry players during their warm-up as this was the first time we'd seen them live. A stray ball rolled out over the sideline in front of us and Colm Cooper trotted over to retrieve it. My brother remarked that there wasn't an ounce on him and he only looked like a cub. Cooper then turned and, from the right hand touchline about 30 metres out, he bent the ball over the bar with the outside of his left boot. Unbelievable. He kicked the winning point in the game too so that shut us up.

Mid Mon

"Forgive my Monaghan bias but surely Eugene "Nudie" Hughes has to be the most naturally gifted. Of the three allstars he won  – one was at corner back (1979) and two were at corner forward (1985 and 1988). As this demonstrates an ability to excel at both ends of the pitch and not merely in a specific position."

have to agree with Charlie

Doire abú

Enda Muldoon. Frank McGuigan. Take your pick.

T O Hare

"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"