Tír Eoghain vs Doire, Saturday 28th Feb, 7pm @ Healy Park

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, February 08, 2015, 10:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Club Rossa

Yip,a point not much good for either team.I think the next time we lock horns again might well be in Div.2

ONeill

Has Mickey adopted McGuinness tactics 4 years after Jim set the wheels in motion?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omagh_gael

That match should be considered a complete write off in terms of analysis. Conditions made it a full blown lottery, right down to Derry's goal with the gales causing a mistimed catch to bounce off McGuckian's face right into the goal scorers arms.

Line drawn and attention focused towards the Dubs next weekend. We always give them a good match in the league, hope that continues next week.

qz

Quote from: larryin89 on February 28, 2015, 07:23:26 PM
Hard to know which is the worst factor of three, the conditions,mthe standard of football or the setanta camera work.

Or the GAAGo streaming quality!

never kickt a ball

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 01, 2015, 01:08:17 AM
That match should be considered a complete write off in terms of analysis. Conditions made it a full blown lottery, right down to Derry's goal with the gales causing a mistimed catch to bounce off McGuckian's face right into the goal scorers arms.

Line drawn and attention focused towards the Dubs next weekend. We always give them a good match in the league, hope that continues next week.

No everyone should go on an all out assault saying how useless Tyrone are........ They will then perform well against Dublin and like after the Mayo game the critics will then be credited for the good performance. Mickey's a shrewd manager  8)

twohands!!!

Quote from: Club Rossa on February 28, 2015, 10:41:20 PM
Yip,a point not much good for either team.I think the next time we lock horns again might well be in Div.2

A draw is a terrible result for both teams in terms of relegation - in terms of avoiding relegation it's far closer to being zero points as opposed to being anywhere near 2 points.

Very very hard to see Derry avoiding relegation and Tyrone are very likely to be down there as well in terms of the relegation dog-fight especially when you look at the very average looking quality of their performances to date versus the fact that they have Dublin and Donegal away and Kerry and Cork at home to play yet.

Given the conditions and how much of a lottery they made of things I can see both sides looking back and regretting the fact that the game went ahead at all.

Link to McIver post-match comments

https://vimeo.com/120908142

An Watcher

At the same time two draws is the same as a win and a defeat so not all bad

twohands!!!

Quote from: never kickt a ball on March 01, 2015, 02:12:26 AM

No everyone should go on an all out assault saying how useless Tyrone are........ They will then perform well against Dublin and like after the Mayo game the critics will then be credited for the good performance. Mickey's a shrewd manager  8)

On Tyrone in their game against Mayo, Mayo had 27 shots from play and scored 3 points. The Mayo game was a valuable 2 points, but they came up against a Mayo side who had their worst shooting performance in a very long time.

Now obviously some of those Mayo misses were down to Tyrone defensive pressure, but you would have to said that Tyrone most certainly have rode their luck a fair bit to get the win there given, they only ended up winning by 4 points.

Overall I would still have serious question marks about Tyrone's form considering that and their performance in the Monaghan game and last night, especially considering the 4 teams they have left to play.

The Tyrone attack is not really firing and they have only scored 1-31 (34 points) an average of just over 11 points in their 3 league games. In terms of scores for play they have got a rather feeble looking 1-15 from play [As a comparison the other 6 teams in the league (barring Derry) have all scored more than this from play in their 2 games.]

As regards the Tyrone defence, you could say it is doing ok having conceded 3-28 in the 3 games to date. However you have to take into account that one of those games was against Derry who already look relegated and in the other, they played a side you had a complete meltdown in terms of their shooting performance.

Also in terms of their discipline, they have had 1 player red-carded and 2 others black carded in their 3 games to date.

Looking forward to the Dublin game, I really can't see them getting a result if Dublin perform anyway adequately at home. I think the two games at home against Cork and Kerry are going to be vital if Tyrone are to have any hope of staying up - however the last home game is against Kerry and given the history there, I am sure that Kerry would love to be the ones to consign Harte and Tyrone to Division 2.

twohands!!!

Quote from: An Watcher on March 01, 2015, 10:57:31 AM

When there are only 7 games in the regular season of the league, the 1 point earned in a draw is extremely unlikely to be of much benefit to either side in avoiding relegation. The odds of drawing your way to relegation are far far higher than the odds of drawing your way to safety.

If you look at the historical records of the teams that get relegated from the various divisions in the football league, a draw is a very bad result for teams battling relegation.

BennyHarp

Quote from: twohands!!! on March 01, 2015, 11:28:29 AM
Quote from: never kickt a ball on March 01, 2015, 02:12:26 AM

On Tyrone in their game against Mayo, Mayo had 27 shots from play and scored 3 points. The Mayo game was a valuable 2 points, but they came up against a Mayo side who had their worst shooting performance in a very long time.

Now obviously some of those Mayo misses were down to Tyrone defensive pressure, but you would have to said that Tyrone most certainly have rode their luck a fair bit to get the win there given, they only ended up winning by 4 points.

Overall I would still have serious question marks about Tyrone's form considering that and their performance in the Monaghan game and last night, especially considering the 4 teams they have left to play.

The Tyrone attack is not really firing and they have only scored 1-31 (34 points) an average of just over 11 points in their 3 league games. In terms of scores for play they have got a rather feeble looking 1-15 from play [As a comparison the other 6 teams in the league (barring Derry) have all scored more than this from play in their 2 games.]

As regards the Tyrone defence, you could say it is doing ok having conceded 3-28 in the 3 games to date. However you have to take into account that one of those games was against Derry who already look relegated and in the other, they played a side you had a complete meltdown in terms of their shooting performance.

Also in terms of their discipline, they have had 1 player red-carded and 2 others black carded in their 3 games to date.

Looking forward to the Dublin game, I really can't see them getting a result if Dublin perform anyway adequately at home. I think the two games at home against Cork and Kerry are going to be vital if Tyrone are to have any hope of staying up - however the last home game is against Kerry and given the history there, I am sure that Kerry would love to be the ones to consign Harte and Tyrone to Division 2.

Tyrone have a lot of improving to do but I'd pay good money to see the team that could rattle up a big score in those conditions last night. As regards to the point being closer to a defeat than a victory - what a pile of nonsense. A point is better than no points whatever way you look at it and it could be the difference between staying up and going down. If there is three wins in Div 1 today we'll have 3 or 4 teams below us after 3 rounds of games, because of that point last night. But I suppose if your looking at everything from a glass half empty perspective you will make comments like that. From my perspective, we have improved since the debacle v Monaghan. To pull out a draw after going 4 down showed an improvement in belief and character which a lot of people said was gone from the team.
That was never a square ball!!

An Watcher

My only worry is, have we been here before in the last few seasons. Not sure if we're seeing any definite signs of improvement in any area of the field. Maybe it'll come in the next few games under better conditions

skeog

derry management not very impressed with referee thought he done ok in the conditions point each was probably about right great effort by both teams considering how bad conditions were

tiempo

Nail hit firmly on head, sometimes a match cant really be dissected due to x, y or z reasons

Keyser soze

Quote from: twohands!!! on March 01, 2015, 11:40:26 AM
Quote from: An Watcher on March 01, 2015, 10:57:31 AM

When there are only 7 games in the regular season of the league, the 1 point earned in a draw is extremely unlikely to be of much benefit to either side in avoiding relegation. The odds of drawing your way to relegation are far far higher than the odds of drawing your way to safety.

If you look at the historical records of the teams that get relegated from the various divisions in the football league, a draw is a very bad result for teams battling relegation.

Well if you drew all your matches you would be guaranteed to stay up and get into the playoffs!!! Other than draws are a complete waste of time.

give her dixie

The stand-off between the Tyrone senior football set-up and RTE looks set to continue, after a specially-convened meeting of the county's top brass on Tuesday night failed to make any progress on the matter.

The county management committee, led by county chairperson Roisin Jordan, met with county senior boss Mickey Harte at Garvaghey to discuss the Tyrone team's ongoing blackout of the national broadcaster, which is understood to have compromised the recently-unveiled sponsorship with Cookstown-based construction firm McAleer & Rushe.

However, reporting back to assembled club delegates after their discussions, Jordan informed that the county manager had made his position clear that he was not stopping the players speaking to RTE, rather that the players had decided to adopt the same stance as their manager out of loyalty to him.

The situation reached boiling point last Saturday night when Jordan visited the Tyrone dressing room to request a player for an RTE interview, but the chairperson was forced into an uncomfortable apology to the RTE representatives when the request was flatly turned down.

It is understood that Tyrone officials will now make their response to their sponsors to confirm that they are unable to deliver on the agreement that Tyrone's players and/or management would make themselves available to requests from all media outlets, which could in turn lead to a renegotiation of the reported £55,000 a year plus bonuses sponsorship agreement.

http://gaeliclife.com/2015/03/tyrones-rte-stand-off-set-to-continue/
next stop, September 10, for number 4......