Tír Eoghain vs Doire, Saturday 28th Feb, 7pm @ Healy Park

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, February 08, 2015, 10:38:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiempo

Quote from: omagh_gael on February 26, 2015, 09:37:52 PM
Didn't know young Bradley was in the senior squad, great wee player.

Yeah unless you are talking to a squad member regularly specifically about the squad you wouldn't know the comings and goings, good to see him in there, one for the future, talented for sure

tiempo

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 27, 2015, 03:26:06 PM
Interesting to see Justy at 6 and I wonder will he stay there all year?
That back line doesn't look too bad but I wonder would Mattie Donnelly be better in there or will he and most of the half forward line end up there anyway.
I'd say Eoin Bradley will be triple marked so can see him getting very frustrated

Been a while getting a go at 6, Conor Gormley and Ricey would account for the reasoning, if he's still as mobile out the field as he was at 21 it could be a great move, well worth a look

An Watcher

Getting back to that game in 95. It was a scorching hot day and with 13 men and 3 points down at ht it seemed all over but what a second half. Think canavan took a piggy back on tohill at one stage. Without an all-Ireland it was always useful to remind our neighbour's of this game. Probably the best game I was ever at

orangeman

Will the lights resist the temptation to blow a fuse ?

Will the players do the same ?.

ONeill

So many memorable Tyrone-Derry games even from 2000 onwards.

That first round game in 2003 when Tyrone looked a long way from All-Ireland champions.

2006 and the humiliation in Omagh.

And these from the 90s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cEc9kyQoGg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8HbynMBoXo
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omagh_gael

For those Tyrone fans who can't make the games this week and next, Setanta are doing a £5.99 two month subscription with both the Derry and Dublin games covered. Pretty reasonable when you factor in all the other games as well.

An Watcher

Just subscribed there but don't think I got that deal. £9.99 plus £5 set up. Unless I've missed something

Aaron Boone

Quote from: orangeman on February 28, 2015, 10:07:00 AM
Will the lights resist the temptation to blow a fuse ?

Will the players do the same ?.

It's all down to the Far East of Tyrone betting syndicates.

omagh_gael

An Watcher, the link below is the one I signed up for (seen it coming through on Facebook). It's £5.99 per month with no set up fee. Can cancel after the two months without signing up for a contract.

https://secure.setantasubs.com/ni/promo/GAA

omagh_gael

Serious wind building here, could be extremely difficult conditions for football.

larryin89

Hard to know which is the worst factor of three, the conditions,mthe standard of football or the setanta camera work.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

armaghniac

Shite night. Obviously a lot of people were content with the Setanta camera work as the stand isn't near full for local "derby".
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

redzone

Quote from: ONeill on February 28, 2015, 10:11:14 AM
So many memorable Tyrone-Derry games even from 2000 onwards.

That first round game in 2003 when Tyrone looked a long way from All-Ireland champions.

2006 and the humiliation in Omagh.

And these from the 90s:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cEc9kyQoGg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8HbynMBoXo
just watching canavan in that, memories. unlikely tyrone will ever have a player half as good as that or any other team. supporters to. you could hardly get into a pub in clones at a match back then and when u did it was haze of smoke. Monday was a guaranteed bank holiday after a tyrone championship match and the craic was mental. nearly the whole weeks wages was spent on having a good weekend. id a few friends that had no interest in football but always came and stayed in the pubs and never went to the match as it was that good.  I always tried to make the second half of the minor match at least. remember about 15 of us in a transit heading up one time. paragon was mayhem and when tyrone and Armagh met you couldn't move in it and there was always a fight or 2. I remember a row broke out in the nightclub part of the paragon and all hell broke loose. I always used to think how do them armagh knackers drink that buckfast. I knew a lad who worked in the paragon and he reckoned they use to take over 30000 thru the tills on match day. There was a grt buzz about county football back then, prob because we hadn't won an allireland and the tyrone support was the best about. then we won three all irelands had it just wasn't the same. I suppose the recession didn't help either.

CD

Gale force - is there a case for postponing a game like this! Setanta viewers pay for rubbish as do those in Healy park.
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Aaron Boone