First ever GAA World Games

Started by Any craic, February 07, 2015, 07:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

AZOffaly

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on March 09, 2015, 06:12:50 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on March 08, 2015, 11:13:55 PM
Wasn't there some kind of 'world' football championships being played in Dublin every other year in the early/mid 90's.

Late 90s, early 2000s.  Wasn't very well promoted. I'm not sure if it was sanctioned by the boys at the top of the ladder at Croke Park. San Francisco stopped supporting it because it was just a big financial drain for limited benefit.

Had San Francisco a team in it? I remember this because I was approached to see if I wanted to go with the North American CB team. Or maybe it was a sort of 'rest of North America' team? I couldn't go because I had no holidays :)

stpauls

Wasn't there some kind of 'world' football championships being played in Dublin every other year in the early/mid 90's.

Late 90s, early 2000s.  Wasn't very well promoted. I'm not sure if it was sanctioned by the boys at the top of the ladder at Croke Park. San Francisco stopped supporting it because it was just a big financial drain for limited benefit.

there was one in 2002 in the week leading up to the AI Football final, as i was representing Europe!! that was the last one until this year, mainly due to the cost of running it and teams traveling to it.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: AZOffaly on March 09, 2015, 10:08:08 AM

Had San Francisco a team in it? I remember this because I was approached to see if I wanted to go with the North American CB team. Or maybe it was a sort of 'rest of North America' team? I couldn't go because I had no holidays :)

It would have been an NACB team with SF players on the panel.