107 (46.5%)
I don't have a vote but would vote "No" if I did
26 (11.3%)
I don't have a vote and haven't decided how I would vote if I did
9 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 230

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on May 23, 2015, 08:52:50 AM
Twitter is observational,this board is topic specific.Unlike others here I do not indulge in personal abuse ( not anymore) yet I am frequently threatened with bans?

Comments on this board  against Catholicism,and Christianity in general are an absolute disgrace,but those who post them seem to be immune from any form of chastisement.

There has never been a poster that posts as much abuse as you. Yet you think that only the responses are abusive. And no one here has ever posted as many posts damaging Catholicism and Christianity as you, but again you only see damage in the responses. But I do agree that you are an absolute disgrace.
MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

Initial indications from a guy I know at the count is that it's going to be a bigger Yes than even his optimistic predictions. Early stages but in that Dublin constituency it looks like being 2:1 at least.

Estimator

Twitter is observational,this board is topic specific.Unlike others here I do not indulge in personal abuse ( not anymore) yet I am frequently threatened with bans?

Comments on this board  against Catholicism,and Christianity in general are an absolute disgrace,but those who post them seem to be immune from any form of chastisement.
Your view is 'Twitter is observational' yet you fail to make any observations about the global news story that is referendum debate. Twitter is the perfect media for that. You could even wind up more people on Twitter than you could on here.
Ulster League Champions 2009

armaghniac

Longford may stand for marriage,it is  pity so few live there.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

michaelg

Quote from: T Fearon on May 23, 2015, 07:06:13 AM
Are you seriously saying a majority in the North would back gay marriage?
Where did I say that?  Re-read my post and I said many thousands of non-fundamentalist Christian unionists would support gay marriage.

Itchy

Quote from: armaghniac on May 23, 2015, 10:03:08 AM
Longford may stand for marriage,it is  pity so few live there.

Aye, marriage to their cousins.

Sidney

You're great at giving it, not so good at taking it, Tony. And the likes of you have been routed today.

Sidney

Quote from: T Fearon on May 23, 2015, 01:09:21 AM
The vote applies to the free state only.If proper democracy applied on this island,a No vote would be recorded as all unionists in the north are opposed to gay marriage as are the majority of Catholics.

Sadly a Yes vote will widen further the chasm between North and South,and lessen further the appeal of unification to many Catholics never mind unionists
Donegal says YES.  ;D

imtommygunn

Quote from: T Fearon on May 23, 2015, 07:06:13 AM
Are you seriously saying a majority in the North would back gay marriage?

How would you know that it would be different?

By the way you are the worst advert for catholicism there could possibly be. You are not reflective of normal good catholics of which there are many and there have been no comments more disgraceful, ever on this board, than yours regarding parents on the cardinal brady thread so there is a certain irony, as usual, to you calling other people's comments disgraceful!

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on May 23, 2015, 01:48:32 AM
I am saying that a substantial majority of Northern Catholics would vote No in any Gay marriage referendum
I think you'd be very surprised.

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on May 23, 2015, 01:09:21 AM
The vote applies to the free state only.If proper democracy applied on this island,a No vote would be recorded as all unionists in the north are opposed to gay marriage as are the majority of Catholics.

Sadly a Yes vote will widen further the chasm between North and South,and lessen further the appeal of unification to many Catholics never mind unionists
Really? Someone should tell those unionists on my Facebook who have been constantly posting their support for the Yes side in this referendum.

T Fearon

Hardly surprising the vote is Yes in an Ireland that is lurching towards moral bankruptcy,where anything goes,GAA players taunt their opponents about deceased relatives etc.

It will not affect me in any way shape or form thankfully,it will never happen in my part of the island.

Maguire01

Looking like a great result. Hoping my home constituency joins the many who voted Yes, but either way, looks like it will be emphatic. The shy No voters just don't exist and many have been very presumptuous about just how conservative rural people, and many older people, are.

Newbridge Exile

From twitter account of Jamie Bryson( and no its not a parody one)
" if the ROI foolishly vote YES I'll be proud to be living in the last bastion of Biblical Protestantism in the Western world. Our wee country"
A soul mate for Tony methinks

Maguire01

Quote from: T Fearon on May 23, 2015, 11:09:33 AM
Hardly surprising the vote is Yes in an Ireland that is lurching towards moral bankruptcy,where anything goes,GAA players taunt their opponents about deceased relatives etc.

It will not affect me in any way shape or form thankfully,it will never happen in my part of the island.
It wouldn't affect you anyway. Unless you're actually gay and wanted to get married, it would have no impact on you whatsoever.

And the idea that NI is a haven for upstanding morals is laughable.