107 (46.5%)
I don't have a vote but would vote "No" if I did
26 (11.3%)
I don't have a vote and haven't decided how I would vote if I did
9 (3.9%)

Total Members Voted: 230

The Iceman

Quote from: easytiger95 on May 19, 2015, 06:38:25 PM
Quoteheir beneficiaries and agents in Ireland, such as GLEN, Marriage Equality, ICCL, IHREC, National Lesbian & Gay Federation, and many others, have received €735 million to fund Irish projects over 13 years, of which €25 million has been devoted to agencies directly promoting political and social change in the area of LBGT interests.

So is the piece saying that LGBT organisations in Ireland have received 735 million over 13 years? Or is it that LGBT organisations worldwide have received 735 million of which 25 million went to LGBT activist groups in Ireland over 13 years?

Very badly phrased, amazingly.

I care what the source is, I tend to like to know who or what i am reading, I'm just crazy like that. Source please.
A quick google search will show it came from here: http://www.brucearnold.ie/files/second-letter.html or at least the text is in there.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

armaghniac

Quoteheir beneficiaries and agents in Ireland, such as GLEN, Marriage Equality, ICCL, IHREC, National Lesbian & Gay Federation, and many others, have received €735 million to fund Irish projects over 13 years, of which €25 million has been devoted to agencies directly promoting political and social change in the area of LBGT interests.

So is the piece saying that LGBT organisations in Ireland have received 735 million over 13 years? Or is it that LGBT organisations worldwide have received 735 million of which 25 million went to LGBT activist groups in Ireland over 13 years?

I care what the source is, I tend to like to know who or what i am reading, I'm just crazy like that. Source please.

All of this money was in Ireland, 25 million went to straight (or perhaps bent) pressure groups. Other funds in Ireland went to either to groups with a partial LBGT agenda or to people like Barnardos who probably did good work but who have now been recruited into the campaign when they should have concentrated on their job.

I first saw this in an article by Bruce Arnold in the newspaper, the text is taken from his website (but Google would have told you that)
http://www.brucearnold.ie/files/second-letter.html

Perhaps Bruce is beholden to the Catholic Church?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Maguire01

Quote from: armaghniac on May 19, 2015, 06:57:27 PM

All of this money was in Ireland, 25 million went to straight (or perhaps bent) pressure groups. Other funds in Ireland went to either to groups with a partial LBGT agenda or to people like Barnardos who probably did good work but who have now been recruited into the campaign when they should have concentrated on their job.

I first saw this in an article by Bruce Arnold in the newspaper, the text is taken from his website (but Google would have told you that)
http://www.brucearnold.ie/files/second-letter.html

Perhaps Bruce is beholden to the Catholic Church?
If research had actually shown that same sex parenting was a risk to children, would you have been annoyed if the likes of Barnardos had highlighted this?

armaghniac

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 19, 2015, 07:02:18 PM
If research had actually shown that same sex parenting was a risk to children, would you have been annoyed if the likes of Barnardos had highlighted this?

No. Would you?

Maguire01

Quote from: armaghniac on May 19, 2015, 07:08:16 PM

No. Would you?
No. But i'm not annoyed now. So that's being consistent.

armaghniac

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 19, 2015, 07:11:04 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 19, 2015, 07:08:16 PM

No. Would you?
No. But i'm not annoyed now. So that's being consistent.

But there is an ability to misuse research on this matter. Now risk to children is a bit strong, it is only necessary for opposite sex parents to offer better outcomes. For instance, last week's RTÉ programme gave the impression that there was no difference, yet the data they presented showed that there was

muppet

Quote from: The Iceman on May 19, 2015, 06:51:33 PM

A quick google search will show it came from here: http://www.brucearnold.ie/files/second-letter.html or at least the text is in there.

Thanks for that, it was obviously too much for Armaghniac to provide the source.

Here is more on Atlantic Philanthropies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlantic_Philanthropies

Sadly we are going to have to close all of our charities and our Universities now because people who support Gays donated money to them. Imagine charities and Universities accepting donations. You wouldn't see the Church involved in such a low act.
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

Quote from: muppet on May 19, 2015, 07:22:48 PM
Thanks for that, it was obviously too much for Armaghniac to provide the source.

I did provide the source.

Sadly we are going to have to close all of our charities and our Universities now because people who support Gays donated money to them. Imagine charities and Universities accepting donations. You wouldn't see the Church involved in such a low act.

Donating to charities and universities is fine, trying to manipulate democracy is most definitely not.

So are you going to concede that it is an American conspiracy?

QuoteStill no examples, not even one!

Examples of what? Are you guys unable to work Google so that you cannot find things for yourselves or do you just hide from data?
Here's an example
http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/head-to-head-a-daughter-of-a-lesbian-mother-argues-against-same-sex-marriage-1.2186608

muppet

Quote from: armaghniac on May 19, 2015, 07:38:20 PM
Quote from: muppet on May 19, 2015, 07:22:48 PM

I did provide the source.

Donating to charities and universities is fine, trying to manipulate democracy is most definitely not.

So are you going to concede that it is an American conspiracy?

QuoteStill no examples, not even one!

Examples of what? Are you guys unable to work Google so that you cannot find things for yourselves or do you just hide from data?
Here's an example
http://www.irishtimes.com/opinion/head-to-head-a-daughter-of-a-lesbian-mother-argues-against-same-sex-marriage-1.2186608

Chuck Feeney has been a controversial philanthropist for yonks in Ireland. This is hardly a smoking gun.

And there is still no 'evidence' of anything. You called it 'an American Conspiracy'. How about explaining that, even just a bit?
MWWSI 2017

muppet

It just gets worse and worse. The conspiracy plans to give money towards Peace in Northern Ireland, fund a National Dementia strategy in Ireland and fund a budget & policy think-tank in Washington.

http://www.insidephilanthropy.com/home/2014/8/20/a-closer-look-at-atlantics-end-gameand-where-its-putting-the.html

Back in April, Atlantic blasted out a tantalizing message from Oechsli saying that big things were coming—that the foundation would make "fewer and bigger" bets as it wound down. But he wouldn't say on what.

"Stay tuned," Oechsli wrote. "The symphony is building and there are key movements to come."

A few weeks ago, the picture became clearer when the foundation announced that it was making three mega grants: one to foster peace and human rights in Northern Ireland, another to help fund a national dementia strategy in Ireland, and a third to expand the Center for Budget and Policy Priorities, the Washington-based liberal think tank. (See my take on the CBPP grant.)

The only thing is though, they are rather transparent for a conspiracy.
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

Quote from: muppet on May 19, 2015, 08:28:04 PM
It just gets worse and worse. The conspiracy plans to give money towards Peace in Northern Ireland, fund a National Dementia strategy in Ireland and fund a budget & policy think-tank in Washington.

Perhaps they think people with dementia would vote for this.

muppet

Quote from: armaghniac on May 19, 2015, 09:17:57 PM
Quote from: muppet on May 19, 2015, 08:28:04 PM

Perhaps they think people with dementia would vote for this.

You might qualify for two out of three!

Now its time for a song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5hWWe-ts2s&spfreload=10
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

The corrupt funding does explain a lot
https://yesfundingexposed.wordpress.com/

Zappone on the Prime Time didn't exactly help the cause when she explained that "progress" had to made and if that needs money from America then fine.

easytiger95

So, going by the phrasing of the article 4% of the Atlantic funding each year went to LGBT groups?

easytiger95

And how much of that 4% each year was expressly devoted to bringing about a same sex marriage referendum?