Mayo v Tyrone Sunday 8th February 2015

Started by Redhand Santa, February 02, 2015, 10:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

Quote from: larryin89 on February 10, 2015, 03:31:32 PM
Quote from: BennyHarp on February 10, 2015, 03:20:56 PM
Quote from: Syferus on February 10, 2015, 03:10:34 PM
Tyrone are man-to-man inferior to Mayo. Few if anyone outside Tyrone could or would argue otherwise.

Tyrone were probably the team of the last decade but since at least 2010 Tyrone haven't seriously challenged for Sam, while Mayo have. It was a remarkable achievement for Harte to get Tyrone to the AISF in 2013.

Tyrone just need to keep building if they want to win number four. Winning number four in Mayo is an altogether more maddening task for the natives.

That Mayo forward line are in no way shape or form better man for man than Tyrone's and that's a pretty significant section of the team. Bar Cillian O'Connor i wouldn't have any of them on the Tyrone forward line. I suspect we will appreciate how good a job James Horan did with Mayo by the end of this season.

Not true, as a unit come the hard ground we have a decent forward unit better than Tyrones.

Tyrone's forward line individually and collectively is better than Mayo's.   
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

From the Bunker

Have to say this 'we are better than you conversation' that has erupted over the last page or so is so childish! Tyrone beat Mayo last Sunday (Mayo beat Kerry the week before), they hold the plaudits and rightly so for the win. But if you gauge how good (or bad) you are on how well (or bad) you performed in a league game in February then you have not a clue of how the mad world of GAA intercounty football works.

Croí na hÉireann

Already hoping that Tyrone and Mayo make the semi finals
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

moysider

We ll have our blanket in place by then. Tyrone forwards will have to work for living the next day ;)

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: moysider on February 10, 2015, 04:29:16 PM

We ll have our blanket in place by then. Tyrone forwards will have to work for living the next day ;)

Hadn't even considered the football
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

redzone

Quote from: God14 on February 10, 2015, 08:04:23 AM
I thought Niall Morgan was very lucky to escape a card when mayo scored their goal. He needs to think about his discipline.
Mickey O'Neill a genuine contender now for goalkeeper.
[/quote
Not a chance. Mickey not at morgans level and wont be. Good to see an aggressive goalkeeper. Reminds me of clucko. One of the first names on the teamsheet.

BennyHarp

Quote from: From the Bunker on February 10, 2015, 03:46:48 PM
Have to say this 'we are better than you conversation[/i]' that has erupted over the last page or so is so childish! Tyrone beat Mayo last Sunday (Mayo beat Kerry the week before), they hold the plaudits and rightly so for the win. But if you gauge how good (or bad) you are on how well (or bad) you performed in a league game in February then you have not a clue of how the mad world of GAA intercounty football works.

They started it!  ;)
That was never a square ball!!

muppet

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 10, 2015, 02:43:15 PM
Mayo being a 'nearly team' is nothing to shout about.  If Tyrone have been poor from 2008 how many times have Mayo been able to get the better of them?  Tyrone were in All Ireland semi finals from 2008.  When Tyrone reach a final they make a point of not losing them either.  Takes a bit of fight, that's something Mayo clearly lack whether it be February or September.  When Mayo are challenged they are often found lacking.

This is just silly.

The point was Mayo supporters were very disappointed to lose to Tyrone. Some Tyrone posters seem offended by this, including yourself. Like it or not that is where you are, it doesn't matter what you did in a final in 2008.

We might not have won an All-Ireland, but the last 4 years we have been at a different level to Tyrone.

If this year we go out early and you make the last 4 then we will have to revise our opinion of ourselves versus Tyrone.
MWWSI 2017

Lar Naparka

Quote from: nrico2006 on February 10, 2015, 03:42:41 PM
Tyrone are man-to-man inferior to Mayo. Few if anyone outside Tyrone could or would argue otherwise.

Tyrone were probably the team of the last decade but since at least 2010 Tyrone haven't seriously challenged for Sam, while Mayo have. It was a remarkable achievement for Harte to get Tyrone to the AISF in 2013.

Tyrone just need to keep building if they want to win number four. Winning number four in Mayo is an altogether more maddening task for the natives.

That Mayo forward line are in no way shape or form better man for man than Tyrone's and that's a pretty significant section of the team. Bar Cillian O'Connor i wouldn't have any of them on the Tyrone forward line. I suspect we will appreciate how good a job James Horan did with Mayo by the end of this season.

Not true, as a unit come the hard ground we have a decent forward unit better than Tyrones.

No, it isn't. So there!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Nihilist

Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 10, 2015, 07:16:55 PM

No, it isn't. So there!

I would say it's 50/50

Donnelly, O'Shea, Mcloughlin
McCurry, Cavanagh, O Connor,

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Nihilist on February 10, 2015, 08:48:04 PM

No, it isn't. So there!

I would say it's 50/50

Aye, I'd agree with that.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

omaghjoe

Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 10, 2015, 09:02:22 PM

No, it isn't. So there!

I would say it's 50/50

Aye, I'd agree with that.

Not a chance O'Connor is onyl fella who'd make it on the Tyrone starting team. That lumbering oaf you have at 11 wouldn't even get on the panel

moysider

No, it isn't. So there!

I would say it's 50/50

I d only have Matty Donnelly and play him ff. Not convinced about big Seán at ff. McCurry good when he s given space. A fit Evan Reagan at 13 for me.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

Absolutely. Nothing more to see here; bit early to start a Monaghan thread? You call it 'deelin!