Mayo v Tyrone Sunday 8th February 2015

Started by Redhand Santa, February 02, 2015, 10:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CD

Quote from: tyroneboi on February 08, 2015, 03:18:48 PM
Quote from: Zulu on February 08, 2015, 03:14:55 PM
No way was O'Shea's a black card. Thought Mayo adeciy to get the goal though as COC wasn't competing for the ball when he impeded the Tyrone goalkeeper. It wasn't a square ball though as you simply need to be outside the square when it's kicked and COC was I think.

Which shot though? The one McLoughlin which hit the post hit he was standing in the square the whole time. I thought it was square ball but not 100% sure to be honest.

Never a black for O'Shea ridiculous decision.
Agreed! Had a wee look and knew what he was up to but a ticking off at best!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

Zulu

Quote from: tyroneboi on February 08, 2015, 03:18:48 PM
Quote from: Zulu on February 08, 2015, 03:14:55 PM
No way was O'Shea's a black card. Thought Mayo adeciy to get the goal though as COC wasn't competing for the ball when he impeded the Tyrone goalkeeper. It wasn't a square ball though as you simply need to be outside the square when it's kicked and COC was I think.

Which shot though? The one McLoughlin which hit the post hit he was standing in the square the whole time. I thought it was square ball but not 100% sure to be honest.

Never a black for O'Shea ridiculous decision.

Sorry yes, he was for that one alright. Was McLoughlin also in the square when he shot and would that make a difference?

tyroneman

Good to see that both the ref and 2 umpires either

a) can't follow play properly
b) don't understand the rules

Or both.

BennyHarp

That Mayo forward line is just awful. Some of the shooting and decisions to shoot are shocking.
That was never a square ball!!

muppet

Quote from: tyroneman on February 08, 2015, 03:24:12 PM

Or both.

Don't be letting Marty Duffy off the hook either. He his only a linesman today, but what a linesman!
MWWSI 2017

dublin7

May's forward play is awful. Dominant at midfied, but no leadership from anyone up front. Shocking amount of wides in the 2nd half

CD

Quote from: muppet on February 08, 2015, 03:25:39 PM

Or both.

Don't be letting Marty Duffy off the hook either. He his only a linesman today, but what a linesman!
Do Mayo train with bigger nets Muppet? Shocking shooting!
Who's a bit of a moaning Michael tonight!

muppet

Quote from: dublin7 on February 08, 2015, 03:26:31 PM
May's forward play is awful. Dominant at midfied, but no leadership from anyone up front. Shocking amount of wides in the 2nd half

I wouldn't mind but, despite 12 men back all the time, it is the most porous blanket I've ever seen.
MWWSI 2017

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: Fuzzman on February 08, 2015, 09:03:29 AM
RHS, do you enjoying watching Tyrone play these days? Even when they win, to me it's not an enjoyable experience any more for me. Their style of play and lack of leaders and fight within the team is demoralising to watch. Harte in my eyes seems to make a lot if wrong calls the last few years and has undermined a lot of players confidence.
Of course the players have to shoulder some responsibility but I don't see much personal abuse being thrown at Harte bar his stubbornness.

The Petey Harte nephew argument is ridiculous to me. Yes Petey has struggled in previous years to play to his potential but part of that is Mickey can't decide where to play him.
To me one of our biggest positives Sean Cav at FF who could hold the key to a winning formula is becoming one of our biggest negatives. We can all see his potential in there but why oh why can't Mickey get him to learn to become a team player. If we could get Sean to play a Star role where we can kick long fast ball into him and we have players like McCurry, McAliskey, RON, PJ and Hughes timing their runs KNOWING that Sean will release it fast and accurate into their path then we suddenly have a very different attacking system. Count today how many times Sean loses possession with possible easy passes on around him. Players soon get fed up when they know the pass won't come so they then stop making those runs. McCurry especially could be one hell of a player if only he had a target man with fast hands but more importantly fast thinking head.
Sorry, I forgot myself there. Its a game all about stopping the other team. So maybe Sean as a third sweeper is best.

I hope they play well today and win but I fear more crab football and slow attacks from the back.

Fuzz-The Tyrone version of tonefirstandlast

muppet

Quote from: CD on February 08, 2015, 03:27:20 PM
Quote from: muppet on February 08, 2015, 03:25:39 PM

Or both.

Do Mayo train with bigger nets Muppet? Shocking shooting!

In fairness the U-8s I see every week is better than this.

Awful stuff.
MWWSI 2017

Zulu

Mayo have had so terrible shooting but Tyrone have been ultra negative with the number of players back and won't be pleasant viewing for the neutral this year if that's the path they are going down. Poor enough game today.

BennyHarp

Quote from: BennyHarp on February 06, 2015, 11:23:15 PM
Quote from: moysider on February 06, 2015, 09:32:42 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on February 06, 2015, 09:07:35 PM
Quote from: moysider on February 06, 2015, 09:02:48 PM

1.   David Clarke - Ballina Stephenites

2.   Michael Hall - Breaffy

3.   Kevin Keane - Westport

4.   Keith Higgins - Ballyhaunis (Capt.)

5.   Lee Keegan - Westport

6.   Stephen Coen - Hollymount/Carramore

7.   Colm Boyle - Davitts

8.   Seamus O'Shea - Breaffy

9.   Donal Vaughan - Ballinrobe

10.Diarmuid O'Connor - Ballintubber

11.Kevin McLoughlin - Knockmore

12.Jason Doherty - Burrishoole

13.Michael Conroy - Davitts

14.Alan Freeman - Aghamore

15.Mark Ronaldson - Shrule/Glencorrib

Holy feck! ;)

Are you fancying it a bit more now Sráth Bán? ;)

Mayo are taking the piss with that team! Tyrone by 5! 😃

Just a point out! 😀

BennyHarp

Quote from: Zulu on February 08, 2015, 03:32:47 PM
Mayo have had so terrible shooting but Tyrone have been ultra negative with the number of players back and won't be pleasant viewing for the neutral this year if that's the path they are going down. Poor enough game today.

After last weekend, the team couldn't afford a heavy defeat today. This was all about steadying the ship, so job done. If the neutrals don't like it they can watch Newcastle v Stoke.

Chimley

Template for beating Mayo there. Make us shoot from 30 yds plus.

muppet

The only plus was Kevin Keane, again, and a maybe few others beginning to come back.

God Davy Harte is hard to listen to. If our problem was merely big-heads because of last week, it would be easily fixed, even at half time.

I couldn't figure out on the TV where exactly Hall played, why Freeman didn't get a ball and where Durcan came on (RHF?). Anyone at the game able to clarify?
MWWSI 2017