Mayo v Tyrone Sunday 8th February 2015

Started by Redhand Santa, February 02, 2015, 10:43:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

If Tyrone can churn in a performance that, even in defeat, shows they sky ain't falling I'd be surprised.

McCurry, McAliskey and Sean are capable of torturing any FB line but it takes good ball to get it in there. The quality is there in Donnelly, Harte and Colm to feed a FF line but they are more likely needed to firefight a FB line.

Apart from one occasion, Tyrone have always competed well with Mayo in the league. Interesting to see if that is still the case.

McKenna was impressive against Cavan but starved v Monaghan. He needs to grab a starting spot by the knackers now.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: rrhf on February 03, 2015, 09:57:26 PM
Mayo are gonna be hard to stop for an all Ireland this year.
Nah, this has to be the sheep stealers' year. You just wait until Syferus and Rossfan barge in and they will be more than happy to let you know that not only the woolly jumpers win the All-Irelands but they will win the 6-Nations, the Premiership and World Ceili Dancing champiopnships and Creggar will knock the crap outa Connor McGregor, Cristiano Ronaldo and anyone else who thinks he's an athlete of any size, sort, shape or form!
BTW, I'm worrying that something real bad musta happened to the gruesome twosome because they'd usually be in at this stage, insulting each other and making general nuisances outa themselves as usual.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Redhand Santa

After 20 mins the ball hardly went up the pitch so wouldn't judge McKenna too harshly on sat night, but would like to see him getting out and really demand the ball on Sunday and start taking on a bit of responsibility.

He's at the stage now were it should be his time to start really making a mark at senior level. For me in the past he has always did some good things In a county jersey but just never did enough of them in a game. Nows his time to push on, I hope Harte gives him another go on Sunday beside Sean.

moysider

Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 03, 2015, 11:10:13 PM
Quote from: rrhf on February 03, 2015, 09:57:26 PM
Mayo are gonna be hard to stop for an all Ireland this year.
Nah, this has to be the sheep stealers' year. You just wait until Syferus and Rossfan barge in and they will be more than happy to let you know that not only the woolly jumpers win the All-Irelands but they will win the 6-Nations, the Premiership and World Ceili Dancing champiopnships and Creggar will knock the crap outa Connor McGregor, Cristiano Ronaldo and anyone else who thinks he's an athlete of any size, sort, shape or form!
BTW, I'm worrying that something real bad musta happened to the gruesome twosome because they'd usually be in at this stage, insulting each other and making general nuisances outa themselves as usual.

They re still rowin' about the ref in Cavan match over in Division 2 thread!
And poor Michael Duffy doin his best. No gratitude.

Rossfan

Will ye 2 sets of yahoos knock 100 pages out of this game. :-*
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Rossfan on February 03, 2015, 11:42:18 PM
' Course we will, as you and your sidekick will contribute at least 90% of the crap that's gonna come!
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Syferus

Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 04, 2015, 01:03:07 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 03, 2015, 11:42:18 PM
' Course we will, as you and your sidekick will contribute at least 90% of the crap that's gonna come!

How do you explain Mission: Limerick last September so Lar?

Shrewdness

Anyone that writes a post like the one above about woolly jumpers, Creggar etc is in no position to accuse anyone of writing crap!! The obsession that some Mayo posters have with the Rossies is fascinating.. Apologies to the Tyrone posters for going off thread.

ballinaman

Quote from: Shrewdness on February 04, 2015, 07:26:11 AM
Anyone that writes a post like the one above about woolly jumpers, Creggar etc is in no position to accuse anyone of writing crap!! The obsession that some Mayo posters have with the Rossies is fascinating.. Apologies to the Tyrone posters for going off thread.
Well farming is a quite important in Mayo, no wonder we keep an eye over the inhabitants of Roscommon.

Note: inferring a Roscommon animalistic nature not in the Paidi OShea Kerry sense, more in the genetic sense.

NaomhBridAbĂș

Quote from: ONeill on February 03, 2015, 10:54:19 PM
If Tyrone can churn in a performance that, even in defeat, shows they sky ain't falling I'd be surprised.

McCurry, McAliskey and Sean are capable of torturing any FB line but it takes good ball to get it in there. The quality is there in Donnelly, Harte and Colm to feed a FF line but they are more likely needed to firefight a FB line.

Apart from one occasion, Tyrone have always competed well with Mayo in the league. Interesting to see if that is still the case.

McKenna was impressive against Cavan but starved v Monaghan. He needs to grab a starting spot by the knackers now.

I can't see ball coming from anywhere into the forward line - but id be happy if you were right.

I felt Niall McKenna was taken off last week as a scapegoat for the failure of the rest of the attack and I hope he gets a chance - seems to have bulked up and was attracting good frees v Cavan and Armagh....

Mayo should have the bit between the teeth and it will take a major attitude change from Tyrone to get a sniff at a draw - I see Mayo winning by 5
in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king. but he still only has one eye

Chimley

It'll be interesting to see the Mayo team for this one. They'll be anxious to win at home and I think they seem to have an eye on the league (listening to post match comments). It would take a bit of pressure off the championship if there is a medal in your pocket already. Having said that, Holmes has been there before, and all the league medals in the world won't be any good if we relinquish our Connacht title tamely.

ose 14

morgan
mccrory
justy
mccarron
mcnabb
mcnamee
tierney
cavnagh c
cavnagh s (to selfish at ff)
matttie donnelly to sweep and do the dooher role
ronan o neill
p harte
mc curry
mckenna
mccaliskey
567 and 8 9  and 10 11 12 are more balanced in this selection . mcnamee can get forward and do what mattie hasnt the mobility to do. harte o neill are our best footballers irrespective of form they can release our inside line quicker.

macdanger2

Quote from: Chimley on February 05, 2015, 11:33:05 AM
It'll be interesting to see the Mayo team for this one. They'll be anxious to win at home and I think they seem to have an eye on the league (listening to post match comments). It would take a bit of pressure off the championship if there is a medal in your pocket already. Having said that, Holmes has been there before, and all the league medals in the world won't be any good if we relinquish our Connacht title tamely.

I'm not sure that it would, the league is nice to win but like you say a league title wouldn't rank as high as a Connacht title

seafoid

Quote from: macdanger2 on February 05, 2015, 01:04:46 PM

I'm not sure that it would, the league is nice to win but like you say a league title wouldn't rank as high as a Connacht title
Why not? Connacht teams rarely win the league.
There is always one team that wins the Connacht championship every year, by comparison.   

twohands!!!

Quote from: seafoid on February 05, 2015, 02:15:17 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on February 05, 2015, 01:04:46 PM

Why not? Connacht teams rarely win the league.
There is always one team that wins the Connacht championship every year, by comparison.

Yeah the provincial championships can often be won simply be being the least worst team in a province in any year -  in some cases they are not that far off being participation trophies.