Laois to celebrate winning the All Ireland this year....

Started by Bud Wiser, January 28, 2015, 09:46:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

.....the 100th Anniversary, the foookin one we won 100 years ago and the only one we ever won
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

AZOffaly

I think ye will start celebrating by kicking the snot out of us in portlaoise.

Milltown Row2

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

gallsman

Have they managed to stop battering each other enough for once to focus their collective effort on a communal foe?

johnneycool

Quote from: gallsman on January 29, 2015, 04:50:36 PM
Have they managed to stop battering each other enough for once to focus their collective effort on a communal foe?

If there ever was one county that really could avail of the no sendings off in hurling it'd be Laois. Some very good hurlers but just suffer from moments of madness every once in a while.

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: gallsman on January 29, 2015, 04:50:36 PM
the Judean People's Front?

Lecale2

They played as Queen's County in the 1915 final, didn't they?

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Lecale2 on February 04, 2015, 09:21:53 AM
They played as Queen's County in the 1915 final, didn't they?

More than likely in GAA terms Leix, but am unsure. When did Leix stop being used does anybody know?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AZOffaly

Good win for Offaly in portleix tonight. Vital after last year. Hopefully 1 more win would mean they don't need to worry about 2A for another year.

Asal Mor

Big win for Offaly. Laois have improved a lot but have lost a lot of close games that they should've won(v Galway in the championship the last 2 years).

I see we're back to 3 on the line for a penalty. What's the story there? 3 on the line, from outside the 20, with a wet sliotar, on muddy  ground would be a long-odds penalty.

Thewildcat

Quote from: Asal Mor on February 15, 2015, 11:12:11 AM
Big win for Offaly. Laois have improved a lot but have lost a lot of close games that they should've won(v Galway in the championship the last 2 years).

I see we're back to 3 on the line for a penalty. What's the story there? 3 on the line, from outside the 20, with a wet sliotar, on muddy  ground would be a long-odds penalty.
[/quote

didn't Dooley score a goal from a free as far out ?

Asal Mor

Quote from: Thewildcat on February 15, 2015, 11:16:41 PM

[/quote

didn't Dooley score a goal from a free as far out ?
It wouldn't be impossible but it would be very difficult. Were you at the game Wildcat - How did  Dermot Shortt get on at full-back? He's a distant relative.

Happy for Whelehan and the Offaly players. Very important win for them.

AZOffaly

What's this about Asal? I haven't heard anything like that, in fact Offaly save 2 penos I thought? Did Shane Dooley not score a free from 20m? Maybe that's what you were looking at?

Asal Mor

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 16, 2015, 03:40:17 PM

What's this about Asal? I haven't heard anything like that, in fact Offaly save 2 penos I thought? Did Shane Dooley not score a free from 20m? Maybe that's what you were looking at?

I thought they'd changed the peno to 1-on-1 but apparently that was just for the Walsh Cup and similar pre-season tournaments. Seems to be back to 3 on the line for the league.

AZOffaly

You're right I think. I just read something like, it won't be in play for the league, but it will be for the championship if it's ratified at congress. Mad stuff.