Sigerson 2015

Started by Any craic, January 27, 2015, 10:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stronghold

Quote from: ck on February 11, 2015, 12:06:03 PM
Quote from: stronghold on February 11, 2015, 11:57:31 AM
sorry I'm only asking the question. Is St Mary's not a college of Queens.
http://www.stmarys-belfast.ac.uk/

The situation does need clarified right across the Country. DCU/Drumcondra,  UL/Mary I. etc. It appears to me to be a minefield for someone to sort

And what about your beloved Jordanstown Stronghold? Will you answer my questions I have now posed 3 times?

Q: Are all those who lined out for Jordanstown in Sigerson this year full time students at Jordanstown? Yes/No

CK  In my opinion 100% yes, that is even before the rulings last night which change things. That is why this has to be sorted.

johnneycool

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on February 11, 2015, 12:03:10 PM

The situation does need clarified right across the Country. DCU/Drumcondra,  UL/Mary I. etc. It appears to me to be a minefield for someone to sort

See bit added to end of my post above Stronghold. MaryI/UL and St. Pats/DCU are all clearcut and sorted as far as I can see. They are separately affiliated clubs under CA even though they may be academically affiliated to UL/DCU.
The Ranch are clearly separate, which is obvious..but it would appear this Stranmillis situation is the last "blurred line" so to speak.

The Queens hurlers regularly have lads who are attending St Marys play for them, so not sure how 'clearly separate' they are!

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: johnneycool on February 11, 2015, 01:14:19 PM

See bit added to end of my post above Stronghold. MaryI/UL and St. Pats/DCU are all clearcut and sorted as far as I can see. They are separately affiliated clubs under CA even though they may be academically affiliated to UL/DCU.
The Ranch are clearly separate, which is obvious..but it would appear this Stranmillis situation is the last "blurred line" so to speak.

The Queens hurlers regularly have lads who are attending St Marys play for them, so not sure how 'clearly separate' they are!

This is a football discussion, obviously what goes on in hurling may be different.

Mary I and St Pats Drumcondra both have fairly decent hurling teams, so this would be an issue again, unique to the Ulster colleges. If Ranch don't have a hurling team, then I'd imagine their students are eligible to play for QUB.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

johnneycool

Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on February 11, 2015, 01:24:43 PM

This is a football discussion, obviously what goes on in hurling may be different.

Mary I and St Pats Drumcondra both have fairly decent hurling teams, so this would be an issue again, unique to the Ulster colleges. If Ranch don't have a hurling team, then I'd imagine their students are eligible to play for QUB.

Sorry for impinging on your football discussion, but I'd have thought eligibility criteria would have been the same across all codes, no?

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: johnneycool on February 11, 2015, 01:36:00 PM
Quote from: Ciarrai_thuaidh on February 11, 2015, 01:24:43 PM

Sorry for impinging on your football discussion, but I'd have thought eligibility criteria would have been the same across all codes, no?

How can it be the same if certain colleges don't play certain sports? This is one tiny issue that only arises with QUB/Mary's/Stranmillis anyway as I said because Mary I and Pats both have Football and Hurling teams.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

ck

Quote from: stronghold on February 11, 2015, 12:27:28 PM
Quote from: ck on February 11, 2015, 12:06:03 PM

And what about your beloved Jordanstown Stronghold? Will you answer my questions I have now posed 3 times?

Q: Are all those who lined out for Jordanstown in Sigerson this year full time students at Jordanstown? Yes/No

CK  In my opinion 100% yes, that is even before the rulings last night which change things. That is why this has to be sorted.

Thanks for reply. I had it on good authority that Jordanstown had players playing from Magee in Derry and Coleraine last year and this year. Looks like this ruling may save your bacon from an embarrassing situation?

rodney trotter

St Marys leading 8pts to 3 against DCU.

rodney trotter

They will be playing with 14 men in second half, Jerome Johnson of Down got  a straight red.

Blowitupref

A shock result likely? Playing against 14 men should help DCU.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

rodney trotter

It should do, Paddy Tally will have St Marys well set up I'd say in the second half with 14 men

DCU and St Marys played in the Ryan Cup final before christmas, so would be familiar enough.

Bearly on loose

Blowitupref

Quote from: rodney trotter on February 11, 2015, 02:48:16 PM
It should do, Paddy Tally will have St Marys well set up I'd say in the second half with 14 men

DCU and St Marys played in the Ryan Cup final before christmas, so would be familiar enough.
Ya DCU won that final by 5 pts.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

rodney trotter

Closer now, St Marys 0-9 DCU 1-5

rodney trotter

level, 9pts to 1-6.. 5 minutes left.

rodney trotter

St Marys go ahead by 1, not long left