NFL Division 3 2015

Started by FermGael, January 26, 2015, 02:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: Throw ball on February 23, 2015, 08:51:58 PM
Quote from: tippabu on February 23, 2015, 07:54:25 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on February 23, 2015, 07:00:53 PM
Following a request from Limerick the CCCC have changed the venue of the Limerick v Armagh game to Kilmallock. Do the GAA give a damn about supporters? A long journey has been made even longer at a time of the year when driving conditions are poor. Might just stay at home now.

Any context as to why they actually wanted to change it? Might be a legitimate reason

None given yet. Same thing happened last year when Galway match was switched to Tuam at last minute.

Tuam at least was closer to Armagh and probably a more substantial ground.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

tippabu

League table after 2 rounds

Round 3 fixtures

Fermanagh V Tipperary.  Big match for both teams, I do feel we will edge it but I wouldnt be putting money on it, winner here will be strong favourite to go up.

Clare v Sligo.  Clare should bounce back and win here, looking likely from early season form that sligo will really struggle to stay up

Limerick v Armagh.  Having seen limerick first hand Armagh will have a very easy victory here

Louth v Wexford.  Still not sure of what to make of louth and also not sure if wexford are really as bad as their first two games suggest, ill go for louth based on being at home but wouldnt be surprised if wexford did pull off a win.

illdecide

Well that has made my mind up for me, don't think i'll bother going either. 228 mile journey and 4hrs is just too much. Feel sorry for people who have booked accommodation in Limerick. I was 50/50 on going and the fact our annual dinner is the night before there could be a hangover the next morning so think i'll give this one a miss.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Itchy

They have enough trouble in Limerick city without a pile of drunk orange men running around causing hassle so they picked a venue where pubs open at 8pm. Thats what I heard.

FermGael

Limerick did the exact same thing last year for their game against Fermanagh but changed the game the Friday before the match. 
It's a wee club ground with very few spectator facilities (although there is a terraced Covered stand). 
Tight pitch which is probably the reason it has been switched there.
Two small changing rooms right beside the pitch so Armagh will have trouble fitting everybody in, never mind their backroom team.
Will make no difference to the result.  Armagh will win by 5 or 6.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Croí na hÉireann

Kilmallock is a fine spot, Deebert Hotel is the place to stay and the steaks they serve up are mighty.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

FermGael

Great result for Fermanagh today. Very impressive all over the pitch.
Our fitness stood to us today.
Armagh up next on Saturday night.

Throw ball

Quote from: FermGael on March 01, 2015, 08:57:16 PM

Having seen Tipp play first day out this was a very good result for Fermanagh. Should be a good game next Saturday.

tippabu

Quote from: FermGael on March 01, 2015, 08:57:16 PM

I must say, today was as bad as ive seen us play under our current management, fermanagh thoroughly deserved the victory, we we on top early but went for hollywood scores while 4-1 up and it all went down hill from there. Promotion is well and truely in fermanaghs hands now but with 3 of the 4 remaining fixtures away there is still plenty of footballl to be played. Well done on todays result

magpie seanie

More misery for Sligo. I didn't hear much about the game but it looks like our defensive system didn't really work. 22 scores conceded and a 6 point defeat after being 10-4 up. On yer bike Carew.

AZOffaly

Bad result for Tipp in Fermanagh. That's a game you really could have done with below in Thurles. Tipp need to get out of this Division to keep the momentum going, but they are going to have to string a few results together now. Clare at home next up is huge. Then you have Louth away, Sligo at home and Wexford at Home. They will probably need to win all 4 games given the starts Armagh and Fermanagh have made. Big ask now.

FermGael

Quote from: tippabu on March 02, 2015, 12:41:50 AM
[

I must say, today was as bad as ive seen us play under our current management, fermanagh thoroughly deserved the victory, we we on top early but went for hollywood scores while 4-1 up and it all went down hill from there. Promotion is well and truely in fermanaghs hands now but with 3 of the 4 remaining fixtures away there is still plenty of footballl to be played. Well done on todays result

We played very well yesterday and won the midfield battle.
You tried to play a sweeper system which your players just did not look comfortable with.
Quigley scored 1-5 and was quiet. Your game plan was to nulify Sean but that suited the running game we play and the rest of our forwards. 
Tipperary reminded me of Fermanagh last year.  Bit young and inexperienced. 
Another year in division 3 would do no harm but defeat against Clare next will put you right in the relegation mix. 

We have 3 very tough away fixtures left.  Armagh, Wexford and Clare.
Limerick to play at home between Armagh and Wexford.
I am glad we have played Louth as they seem to have improved since our meeting in the first round of the league.
Still all up for grabs but I think promotion will be between Armagh, Louth, Clare and Fermanagh.
It may very well come down to the last game between Fermanagh and Clare in Ennis

naka

pete seems to have femanagh motoring nicely sets up for a good game on Saturday evening.
hopefully weather improves

twohands!!!

I think there are a fair chunk of youngish players involved in the Tipp squad - even a fair few U21 involved

Also Tipp seem to still have the problem they had in last year's championship of conceding goals too easily. Last year it was very noticeable the high number of goals they conceded in the championship.

I know they have a new keeper in but I think it might need to be something they focus on more as a team, as conceding goals is a killer. the fact that even Limerick got a goal (albeit a penalty) against them while only managing to score 2 points in total says that Tipp have an issue around the defending the square.

Armagh 2-8 Tipp 0-13
Tipp 1-14 Limerick 1-3
Fermanagh 2-9 Tipp 0-11

twohands!!!

Paddypower odds

To Lift the Trophy

Armagh 1/3
Fermanagh 4/1
Clare 10/1
Tipperary 11/1

To be relegated
Wexford 1/3
Sligo 4/9
Limerick 8/13
Louth 6/1
Tipperary 9/1
Clare 20/1

No suprises here -
Can't help thin there might possibly be a bit of value in backing one of Clare  or Tipp at those odds - whoever wins their game next weekend would look to be in with a possibility shout especially if Armagh give Fermanagh a bad beating and possibly knock their momentum

Also I think sides in Division 3 and 4 are far more susceptible to injury/loss of form to key players that teams higher up the league and with the size of Fermanagh I think they might be prone to this. If anything happens Sean Quigley who has got something like 1-20 of their total of 2-39 (albeit a good chunk of those coming from frees) it would be very easy to see their promotion challenge falter. The fact is that they probably had a bit of luck in the Tipp game by getting the goals, only managed to beat a struggling Sligo side by 2 points and their big win came against a Louth side who looked out-of-form [only got 0-7 in that game , but notched 1-16 in their 2 games since (although both those were home games for Louth)]