10 (37%)
Waterford
1 (3.7%)
Wicklow
1 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Voting closed: January 29, 2015, 05:54:34 PM

SaffronHeart

I think it could come down to a shootout between CJ McGourty and Niall McNamee. Hope we can edge it but it is a big ask

Thewildcat

its Willie Mulhall and Bernard Allen who are doing the scoring for offaly, McNamee is centre forward and is playing abit out from goals, but could be alot closer to them come sunday,

The Insider

So its a rematch before the championship in Div 4 final with ourselves and Offaly . Only 4 of starting 15 against Offaly  started  today , the couple of walkouts from last Sunday  hasnt seen to have any affect on team . Going to be 2 very tough games .

Catch and Kick

Quote from: The Insider on April 05, 2015, 03:47:19 PM
So its a rematch before the championship in Div 4 final with ourselves and Offaly . Only 4 of starting 15 against Offaly  started  today , the couple of walkouts from last Sunday  hasnt seen to have any affect on team . Going to be 2 very tough games .
Who walked out and why! Strange after winning promotion with a game to go..

AZOffaly

Brilliant result. Its all gravy now. Well done Pat and the lads. Lot of local derbies in div 3 next year!

Thewildcat

they play longford in croker and then in tullamore in the championship i think offaly will have their eye on the game in tullamore, but with 15 men i think they will do the job in croker in two weeks.

The Insider

Without naming names it seems that 1 lad got the hump because Liam Connerton was introduced as a sub v Offaly ahead of him having only offically joined panel  after the U 21 finished . The player seemingly left park before the game was over and has allegedly since been joined by another if not of his 2 club mates . Had both remained they both would  surely have been used yesterday v Carlow and used game to prove team  management wrong .

stevecw

Was surprised to hear at the game Sunday that a few had left the Longford panel alrite. But was talking to a dad of one of the players and he was saying his son will be packing it in after this year too as the commitment is too much. Seemingly they were due in for training yesterday morning after playing on Sunday! Crazy stuff.

As for the game itself, Longford blitzed us in 1st 15 mins 8-2 then we woke up and after that it was an even entertaining game. Some great scores by both sides and as always in Div 4 a few weird ref decisions. We should have had at least 2 black cards but didn't get them, and then for a free won by a dive by McCormack the Longford defender got a black card! Our corner forward was fouled inside the line and it was an obvious penalty but ref went to umpire and gave a free in! At a vital part of game too a goal there and it was a 1pt game.

For us, it was a 3rd defeat in a row and after such a promising start to the league it's all gone back to normal. Talk of players dropping off panel now and a couple who were "injured" still managed to play for their clubs on Sunday evening.

As for Longford, well done on the promotion and if that's a lot of back up players then in attack ye'll be fine. Defence might be a problem.

Horrible injury to your no 9, it looked from the stand like a broken leg. Has that been confirmed? Just landing wrong while going for a high ball, but it looked terrible.

mad tan

I thought it a little unfair alright to bring in the U/21s as soon as they were knocked out. They could have waited until after the league and then name a new squad for the Championship. After all promotion was secured without the U/21s.

The Insider

Connor Quaine the player carried off has bone bruising . Sean Mc Cormack left the panel along with Mark Hughes who was the player who seemingly was put out by Liam Connerton coming on as sub in the last home game ahead of him .It was Marks 4th ?  year on panel and has had plenty of time and opportunity to nail down either a starting place or getting more time as a sub , rather than the fleeting time he got in the league this year. Team management wanted more competition for places as one complaint from the Longford supporters was the fact that it was harder to get off the team than on it . From last years championship team we lost Damien Sheridan , Shane Mulligan , John Keegan and Paul Barden and still got promotion . A number of the U 21's have been added with more to come next year . Another player likely to be back is Seamus Hannon who captained London in Connaught final in 2013 who has returned home and will be back playing with home club this weekend.

North Longford

Its interesting as it was very clear from his various times on co-commentary on Shannonside last year that the current Killoe manager is no big fan of the Jack Sheedy regime......I'd say those 2 lads were made felt like heroes when they went back to club training!!!

Shamrock Shore

Excitement mounts as throw-in nears.

5.15 pm this Saturday in Croke Park. It's also live ar TG4.

I expect a classic with young folk in many many years hence to gaze into their pints and say, misty-eyed, that "I was there".

Hopefully Armagh and Fermanagh turn up early and have a look at Rale Football.

Bord na Mona man

Act II of a trilogy that will be more remembered and celebrated than the Dublin-Meath saga of 1991.
Croke Park will be shaken to its foundation as the two giants of the midlands collide.
Offaly by 2.

AZOffaly

Nice win and good performance. Obviously means nothing in terms of 3 weeks time, but it's nice to see Offaly play with speed and take good scores. As I said everything from now on is gravy, and Offaly played a bit like that today.

Shamrock Shore

Baldrick-ian cunning plan by Longford  8)