Kildare
24 (19.4%)
Down
34 (27.4%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Voting closed: March 03, 2015, 02:53:23 PM

cluaineois

Quote from: neilthemac on January 30, 2015, 12:29:15 PM
Who was the last team to secure back to back promotions from Division 3 up to Division 1?

Monaghan
once your a clone your never alone

seafoid

If Ros were a financial shtock I would short them . D2 is very hard to get out of unless it's down below.
Ask Meath who are delighted to be back. 

Syferus

No one in Roscommon is talking about promption, survival is the target. A four point game in store in Kiltoom, the winner setting themselves up with a good chance of being in D2 in 2016 and the losers needing something special to do likewise.

After the trimming they got at home in July I doubt we'll meet a team more motivated to win than Cavan all year. I expect championship level intensity on Sunday because so much of the 2015 season for both counties could be defined by how this game goes.

seafoid

Quote from: Syferus on January 30, 2015, 03:31:51 PM
No one in Roscommon is talking about promption, survival is the target. A four point game in store in Kiltoom, the winner setting themselves up with a good chance of being in D2 in 2016 and the losers needing something special to do likewise.

After the trimming they got at home in July I doubt we'll meet a team more motivated to win than Cavan all year. I expect championship level intensity on Sun
day because so much of the 2015 season for both counties could be defined by how this game goes.
17 votes for Ros to win the division. Are they all Sidney's ? 

mjg

Seafood it seems you can't post without mentioning Ross,that's an unhealthy obsession.Go and get help son before its too late

seafoid

Good finish by Down. Nice to beat da ryles.

Syferus

A point dropped rather than a point won. Should have won it.

GalwayBayBoy

Galway 2-13 Meath 1-12

Galway led by 5 or 6 points for pretty much the entire game having raced into an early lead. Meath got 1-1 in injury time which provided a late scare.

Just got the Galway scorers which were

A Varley 0-2
E Hoare 0-2 (0-1f)
D Cummins 1-3
S Walsh 1-3 (0-1f)
P Varley 0-2
F O'Curraoin 0-1

Believe Paul Varley got man of the match. Meath keeper was handy with the long range frees. Think he scored 3 or 4 of them.

Westside

Good result for Cavan, didn't make it but sounds like Gearoid was immense in the second half. Martin Reilly with the last two scores for us, he's gone from being a journeyman to our key player in the past two years. That point could be vital for us if we are to survive. The Rossies won't be happy and now only have two home games left..

rodney trotter

Wouldn't say Reilly was a journeyman, he was a regular in the  team when he came back from Burnely under Keoghan and then Tommy Carr, suffered a cruciate ligament injury which kept him out for a good spell.

mrdeeds

Geroid's points were immense but from general play was average enough. Fergal Flanagan motm from a Cavan point of view. Our full forward line a huge concern.

Rossfan

We have long way to go before we become the " Superpower " the Rhus are jokingly calling us.
Goalie and GB line good. HB line non existent as usual- Daly's the worst offenders,midfield a *** disaster, Bally not a footballer. Cregg got a goal and vanished before and after. F f line - good and if only we'd get quick ball into them instead of underage passity pass a d ball carrying. It's only First of February but I foresee a year of struggle.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on February 01, 2015, 05:29:51 PM
We have long way to go before we become the " Superpower " the Rhus are jokingly calling us.
Goalie and GB line good. HB line non existent as usual- Daly's the worst offenders,midfield a *** disaster, Bally not a footballer. Cregg got a goal and vanished before and after. F f line - good and if only we'd get quick ball into them instead of underage passity pass a d ball carrying. It's only First of February but I foresee a year of struggle.

I can go ahead and book the AIQF tickets if you've made that call so ;D

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on February 01, 2015, 05:35:09 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on February 01, 2015, 05:29:51 PM

I can go ahead and book the AIQF tickets if you've made that call so ;D

Honestly Syferus go ahead and book the hotel and tickets . Nothing Surer, I think connacht champions are on week after Aug weekend this year.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

ross4life

Well done to Cavan full value for the share of the spoils and will be disappointed they didn't win. For us  a error ridden display a similar performance to what we displayed in the defeat against NUIG a few weeks ago & if we play like that again in Newry we will receive a serious trimming.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open