24 (19.4%)
Down
34 (27.4%)

Total Members Voted: 124

Voting closed: March 03, 2015, 02:53:23 PM

seafoid

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on March 30, 2015, 11:45:49 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 29, 2015, 09:02:14 AM
Poor game in tough conditions in Breffni. Westmeath were very poor, is there a last kick in them on the last day of the year? Who knows in this division. I think Cavan will beat Meath on the last day, we have no fear of playing them and gave them a good hiding the last time we were in Navan. If that happens we would be relying on Laois to beat Down. Good thing for us is that Laois need the points and have been improving. Galway are also now really need something from Ros today, I wouldn't be surprised if they got it too.

From a Cavan perspective I am just relieved we are safe with a game to spare as its so unpredictable in this division you just don't know what you would come up against on the last day.
Yeah, there was some amount of players loosing their footing all game. That game Saturday was another game we left behind. We were in a superb position at half time after playing against that swirling wind, whilst not playing particularly well. Again, we failed to push on and Cavan took over the game really. That's the second game this year where woeful shooting has cost us and the heads going down towards the end again was very disappointing to see. I don't know what is going on in our headspace but there's definitely a thesis for someone to get out of it.

Hard to see us getting out of this now. Not only do we have to win our game but are reliant on Down beating Laois and Galway getting a result against Kildare.  :-\

Galway should beat Kildare
I would expect Down to  beat Laois as well

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: seafoid on March 30, 2015, 12:23:05 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on March 30, 2015, 11:45:49 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 29, 2015, 09:02:14 AM
Poor game in tough conditions in Breffni. Westmeath were very poor, is there a last kick in them on the last day of the year? Who knows in this division. I think Cavan will beat Meath on the last day, we have no fear of playing them and gave them a good hiding the last time we were in Navan. If that happens we would be relying on Laois to beat Down. Good thing for us is that Laois need the points and have been improving. Galway are also now really need something from Ros today, I wouldn't be surprised if they got it too.

From a Cavan perspective I am just relieved we are safe with a game to spare as its so unpredictable in this division you just don't know what you would come up against on the last day.
Yeah, there was some amount of players loosing their footing all game. That game Saturday was another game we left behind. We were in a superb position at half time after playing against that swirling wind, whilst not playing particularly well. Again, we failed to push on and Cavan took over the game really. That's the second game this year where woeful shooting has cost us and the heads going down towards the end again was very disappointing to see. I don't know what is going on in our headspace but there's definitely a thesis for someone to get out of it.

Hard to see us getting out of this now. Not only do we have to win our game but are reliant on Down beating Laois and Galway getting a result against Kildare.  :-\

Galway should beat Kildare
I would expect Down to  beat Laois as well

Most people would expect them results, which in this division is near a cast iron guarantee that they will go the other way...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

cornetto

Alone among the four divisions, no team has yet been guaranteed a place in either the top two or the bottom two. Down lead on eight points but can be overtaken by Roscommon, either Meath or Cavan (or conceivably, although it is highly improbable, both), and even fifth-placed Galway.
Down can simplify matters with a win over Laois in Newry, leaving the other place in the final almost certain to come down to points difference. Meath are the favourites thanks to a home tie against Cavan and a points difference surplus of +14. But if Cavan win and Roscommon beat Westmeath, it will be a calculator job.
Today's irish times.

Go home ref

Assuming a  Down win - If  Meath and Roscommon finish on 9  Roscommon go up due to the head to head result.
If Kildare can beat Galway and Laois and Westmeath lose then the latter 2 go down.

cornetto

That's what I thought too, head to head.
guess it's true a paper never refuses ink!

Shrewdness

If Westmeath lose or draw with Ros, they either finish with 4 or 5 points and go down. If Laois beat Down, they finish with 7 points. If Kildare beat Galway, they both finish with 6 points....With a combination of the 3 results above, Westmeath and Galway would be relegated. Unlikely i know, but in this crazy division, anything could happen.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Shrewdness on March 31, 2015, 02:56:49 PM
If Westmeath lose or draw with Ros, they either finish with 4 or 5 points and go down. If Laois beat Down, they finish with 7 points. If Kildare beat Galway, they both finish with 6 points....With a combination of the 3 results above, Westmeath and Galway would be relegated. Unlikely i know, but in this crazy division, anything could happen.

I don't think  those results above are that far out.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on March 29, 2015, 04:37:55 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on March 29, 2015, 04:34:10 PM
I'd fancy Laois against Down i have to say.
Are Cavan any use this year?

They have Liam McHale on the sideline. He'll have them thinking they were the ones robbed in '96 by the weekend.
:D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

gibbs32

Just to confirm.if two teams on same pts head to head. If 3 teams score diff. Come on rossies and down and meath

gibbs32

Come on rossies.do us proud.we will win u21 v galway sat and win on sunday without murtagh smith etc. I hope senan kilbride has a masterclass sunday.

Itchy

Prediction time. You will note I got all last week's games correct. This weekend...

Cavan to beat Meath
Roscommon to beat Westmeath (bye bye Westmeath)
Galway to beat Kildare (bye bye Kildare)
Laois to beat Down

So up will go Cavan and the Ros boys.

gibbs32

If it goes like that. Fair enough ;D

Aristo 60

Warm(ish), dry day predicted for Newry tomorrow. Interested to hear from Laois boys how they
fancy their chances without Kingston?

gibbs32

No kingston = down win.  Rossies most exciting forward line going

The Boy Wonder

Down 8/15  Laois 15/8  say the bookies.  Down will be glad of the firm ground and the sun on their backs.  I would be very nervous of the damage Down forwards could do if they click.
Donie Kingston has been our main man - will be a huge loss tomorrow.