Derry 6/5
Monaghan 6/5
Tyrone 15/8
Cork 15/8
Donegal 5/2
Kerry 7/2
Mayo 9/2
Dublin 10/1

I think there might be a bit of value in Cork at 15/8 to go down, especially given they have 4 away trips to the Northern teams.
They've Dublin up first and they are not in good form [a 5 point win over Tipp and a 1 point loss to Waterford] Their midfield looks very bleak for Division 1 action and their defence does not inspire confidence.

Find it hard to see Kerry seriously threatening with Gooch, James O'D and Marc O'Se  already pencilled in to to miss a serious chunk of the league.  It will be very much a next generation of Kerry in the league I think.

For Dublin it will be about developing the squad as opposed to winning. I think their real focus will be to strengthen the squad depth and help Gavin sort out who his best 15 are.

I woudn't be too surprised to see either of Mayo or Tyrone to top the league after the regular 7 games.

Can see Donegal slipping back a bit and don't expect Monaghan or Derry to do a whole lot.

screenexile

We actually have a better side this year than we did last year so it's interesting to see that we're last.

I'm not expecting a whole pile to be honest staying in the Division would be a plus I think. Anybody looking to go to any of the games in Derry should have a gander at this and make a weekend of it!! The City is a great spot for a night out although there won't be much GAA talked around the bars I wouldn't think.

http://www.visitderry.com/GAA-Hotel-Offers.T1293.aspx

BennyCake

It's against my religion to vote for Tyrone, and I just can't bring myself to vote for Dublin.

Mayo usually do well in the league, so I'll tip them.

moysider

Quote from: BennyCake on January 22, 2015, 11:39:49 PM
It's against my religion to vote for Tyrone, and I just can't bring myself to vote for Dublin.

Nah, and I mean No!

The last thing we need is a f(cking league title! I d prefer to be relegated!!

Some Mayo folk regard Pat Holmes our greatest manager ever (there was none before 80s) because he won the foot-and-mouth league in 01.
Worryingly I suspect that 'achievement' is part of the reason he is back again, even though his Championship record with a very good panel in his first showing was lamentable.

Anyway, we have only won 2 leagues since 1954!

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on January 22, 2015, 11:59:17 PM

Nah, and I mean No!

Some Mayo folk regard Pat Holmes our greatest manager ever (there was none before 80s) because he won the foot-and-mouth league in 01.
Worryingly I suspect that 'achievement' is part of the reason he is back again, even though his Championship record with a very good panel in his first showing was lamentable.

It would be just poetic if our first win against Mayo in the championship since the 2001 Connacht final against Pat Holmes would be the 2015 Connacht final against Pat Holmes, wouldn't it?

macdanger2

Nah, and I mean No!

Greatest manager ever?? You must be listening to some awful gobshites moysider

moysider

Quote from: Syferus on January 23, 2015, 12:21:08 AM

Nah, and I mean No!

It would be just poetic if our first win against Mayo in the championship since the 2001 Connacht final against Pat Holmes would be the 2015 Connacht final against Pat Holmes, wouldn't it?

Indeed!!

moysider

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 23, 2015, 12:28:19 AM

Nah, and I mean No!

Greatest manager ever?? You must be listening to some awful gobshites moysider

I don t seek it, but I ve had to indulge that shite on occasion. Anyway, we ll see what happens.

macdanger2

Yeah, we'll have to wait and see although it's more hope than expectation for me anyway. I can overlook Holmes' first coming, it's his performance on the line against Vincents last March that's more worrying.

BennyCake

Nah, and I mean No!

Er, would you not like another one then?  :o

Nihilist

Interesting that people are singling out Holmes here. I seem to remember that it was joint managerial setup in Mayo. Is a scapegoat already being prepared in people's minds?

oakleaflad

From a Derry perspective i suppose it would be nice to stay in Division 1 but it's all about the championship. McIvor will know this too of course and I don't expect to see as strong a team as played in the league this year as last year. Too often have Derry flattered to deceive in recent years with good league performances followed by a poor championship.

twohands!!!

The 4 teams with 4 home games are Donegal, Mayo, Kerry and Tyrone

Fuzzman

I think too  many people think this rubbish of if you try too hard in the league you will suffer in the championship
To me its rubbish. Yeah maybe if you're team is burnt out winning the AI the year before or club championship but winning is an important habit that not too many players get to experience often enough.

A good run in the league builds trust in each other and the manager and their system or style of play.
Of course its early days but compare the mood in the camp with Tyrone at the moment to say Armagh.
Winning breeds success whereas after Kerry hockeyed us last year in Tralee I feared the worst for Tyrone.

I started off the year VERY VERY negative and didn't even wanna watch our crab style football again but I've heard we play a lot more direct already this year but of course the league last year was nearly like basketball with defenders terrified to leave hand in, in case their man got them black carded.
Home advantage does make a big difference and I for one am glad to have the Dubs in Croker on my birthday. Did I mention that before?

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: Rossfan on January 22, 2015, 04:32:32 PM
Syfeen back to his hobby horse of Kerry are sh1te I see :D
Last year he said they wouldn't get near Sam for years ???

He is like a good luck charm at this stage. I'd be worried if he wasn't dismissing us.