Moviebox or showbox

Started by lenny, January 06, 2015, 10:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: pullhard on July 28, 2015, 10:32:16 AM
Had to find some iffy stream website last week for my weekly fix
Dowdload Movie HD apk it does the same job more or less.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

JoG2

Sky HD is no more. It has been rebranded again as Movie HD.

Pros and Cons for the 3 I use (may help a few)

Movie HD
Pros - fast / no buffering. Great selection which increases daily as older shows get added
        - casting to TV
Cons - always on the run / rebranding itself which means a new download (not that often in fairness)

Showbox
Pros -  great selection
Cons - buffers like a fothermucker at the beginning
         - cannot cast
         - currently banjaxed

Kodi (i use TVMC which comes bundled with various movie, TV and sport addons)
Pros - great selection and back up addons if one doesn't work
        - casts to TV (once you've downloaded and pasted a necessary xml addon)
Cons - buffers a good bit
         - with many links, the movie / show stutters (doesn't play smoothly if that makes sense)
         - broken links esp with sports channels

nrico2006

Quote from: JoG2 on July 28, 2015, 11:02:10 AM

Movie HD
Pros - fast / no buffering. Great selection which increases daily as older shows get added
        - casting to TV
Cons - always on the run / rebranding itself which means a new download (not that often in fairness)

Showbox
Pros -  great selection
         - cannot cast
         - currently banjaxed

- with many links, the movie / show stutters (doesn't play smoothly if that makes sense)

I agree with most of that but I use Genesis within KODI and have no bother with buffering or anything like that. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

deiseach

Showbox
Pros -  great selection
         - cannot cast
         - currently banjaxed

I found a way of casting. Download MX Player and LocalCast. When using Showbox, use External Player (ie MX Player). In MX Player, select Tools from the menu, then Share, then LocalCast. Select your Chromecast from the list. You'll get a message saying it is not a video file, but select Cast Anyway and away it goes. It can be a little flaky, sometimes LocalCast doesn't pick up your Chromecast. But just try it again and it works first time most of the time anyway.

Now all I need is Showbox to be not banjaxed. I need my fix of Person of Interest!

pullhard

What is this casting business?
I hook the laptop to the telly with a HDMI cable, am i missing a trick?

laoislad

Quote from: pullhard on July 28, 2015, 11:40:24 AM
Or just buy an Android TV box/dongle and load all these apps onto it and don't bother with casting.

pullhard

Quote from: laoislad on July 28, 2015, 11:46:04 AM
Or just buy an Android TV box/dongle and load all these apps onto it and don't bother with casting.
They look the business, nice tidy job. may need to get the super fast Boardband, mine buffers for ages. - still better than limewire back in the day

deiseach

I was a whisker away from going down that road recently, but my wife got cold feet, especially when Sky threw all manner of incentives at us. Next time . . .

JoG2

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 28, 2015, 11:28:21 AM

Movie HD
        - casting to TV

Showbox
Pros -  great selection
         - cannot cast
         - currently banjaxed

I agree with most of that but I use Genesis within KODI and have no bother with buffering or anything like that.

I'd rattle away with Genesis myself nrico (it comes bundled with TVMC) but i find some of the newer movies to stutter as they play. Must no grumble as they are all excellent vfm ;-)

gallsman

There's an easier way to cast from Showbox deiseach. Download an app baked grow box. Tricks Showbox into thinking it's MX Player and then can cast directly using All/Localcast.

nrico2006

Quote from: deiseach on July 28, 2015, 11:36:35 AM
Showbox
Pros -  great selection
         - cannot cast
         - currently banjaxed

I found a way of casting. Download MX Player and LocalCast. When using Showbox, use External Player (ie MX Player). In MX Player, select Tools from the menu, then Share, then LocalCast. Select your Chromecast from the list. You'll get a message saying it is not a video file, but select Cast Anyway and away it goes. It can be a little flaky, sometimes LocalCast doesn't pick up your Chromecast. But just try it again and it works first time most of the time anyway.

Now all I need is Showbox to be not banjaxed. I need my fix of Person of Interest!

The only reason I left Showbox for KODI a month ago was because I was going through seasons 3 and 4 and when I got to the 4th or fifth on season 4, it was missing as was a few others after it.   
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

laoislad

Quote from: pullhard on July 28, 2015, 11:56:06 AM
They look the business, nice tidy job. may need to get the super fast Boardband, mine buffers for ages. - still better than limewire back in the day
Limewire! Those were the days, also Bearshare was another I used

deiseach

Quote from: gallsman on July 28, 2015, 12:30:47 PM
There's an easier way to cast from Showbox deiseach. Download an app baked grow box. Tricks Showbox into thinking it's MX Player and then can cast directly using All/Localcast.

I'll try it out, thanks.

JoG2

Quote from: gallsman on July 28, 2015, 12:30:47 PM

I had a run on the growbox (the big marajuna leaf icon is cool though ) 'til I nearly pulled my hair out. Movie HD is the much less stressful option if you're looking to cast

laoislad