Moviebox or showbox

Started by lenny, January 06, 2015, 10:01:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: NAG1 on January 28, 2015, 09:41:56 AM
Geoff have you got the link to the proper download?

I tried through, 1MobileMarket and through their website, but when it downloads the app looks perfect but there is no content in any of the sections?

Any ideas?

I downloaded it a few months back from the website, worked straight off. You need to change a setting to allow install from unknown sources I think

Geoff Tipps

I tried through, 1MobileMarket and through their website, but when it downloads the app looks perfect but there is no content in any of the sections?

Any ideas?

http://www.mobdro.com/getstarted

There's a link in there for android. As has already been said you need to change your security setting to allow
to install from an unknown source.

nrico2006

Is Showbox in the play store?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

NAG1

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 28, 2015, 10:20:10 AM

Any ideas?

There's a link in there for android. As has already been said you need to change your security setting to allow

Geoff I have ticked the unknown sources, as I already have showbox downloaded and working on my android but doesnt seem to make any difference to Mobdro - strange

Update: just un-installed and reloaded it, seems I may have downloaded an older version appears to be working now. Thanks for the help lads

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: NAG1 on January 28, 2015, 11:55:33 AM

Any ideas?

Geoff I have ticked the unknown sources, as I already have showbox downloaded and working on my android but doesnt seem to make any difference to Mobdro - strange

Update: just un-installed and reloaded it, seems I may have downloaded an older version appears to be working now. Thanks for the help lads

I was going to suggest a re- install.
Has anyone used the cast function on this?? I have and haven't been impressed.

gallsman

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 28, 2015, 01:40:09 PM

Any ideas?

Mobdro streams are generally poor resolution. Blowing that up to a big telly isn't going to do it any favours.

NAG1

Ive cast some of the Showbox movies which have been really good actually, but then I would with to the Higher definition versions are available before I would watch them anyway, find the others can be hit and miss on quality.

gallsman

Quote from: NAG1 on January 28, 2015, 01:58:21 PM
Ive cast some of the Showbox movies which have been really good actually, but then I would with to the Higher definition versions are available before I would watch them anyway, find the others can be hit and miss on quality.

Showbox is different - you're casting a file on the cloud somewhere that is generally 720 or 1080p. With Mobdro, you're casting a live stream that is generally of poor resolution to begin with.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: gallsman on January 28, 2015, 01:51:02 PM
Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 28, 2015, 01:40:09 PM

Any ideas?

Mobdro streams are generally poor resolution. Blowing that up to a big telly isn't going to do it any favours.

No it wasn't the quality. It hung on a few channels and then when I went back to playing on the smartphone it played ok.

Over the Bar

Neither Moviebox nor HD Cinema working for the iPad now! :(

Harold Disgracey

Has anyone tried Phim Box? It has a lot of Asian films as well as new releases such as American Sniper.

nrico2006

Are there any HD shows on showbox or are they all being pushed out at 720?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

STREET FIGHTER

Hopefully an easy enough question.

Showbox downloaded to the phone.

Can it be streamed directly to a 'smart' tv?

gallsman

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on January 30, 2015, 03:30:30 PM
Hopefully an easy enough question.

Showbox downloaded to the phone.

Can it be streamed directly to a 'smart' tv?

Yes but can be fidgety. Check that local cast or all cast can context to the TV.