American Visa Questions

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 03, 2015, 12:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Folks- There's probably a thread on this already but I can't find it.

I am heading with the family to America this year. I need to fill in an ESTA don't I? Some of us are on Irish passports and some on UK. Can we all apply under the one ESTA?

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Just reading through and it says;

Visa Waiver Program requirements are:

The passport must have a machine-readable zone on the biographic page.
Issued on or after October 26, 2005 – Each Visa Waiver Program passport issued on or after this date must have a digital photo.
Issued on or after October 26, 2006 – Each Visa Waiver Program passport issued on or after this date must be an electronic passport with a digital chip containing biometric information about the passport owner.

One of the passports was issued in July 2006 (Between these two dates). So is that alright?

Confused!

DickyRock

yeah, you'll need one.

Never added multiple people/country of issue before but I don't see that it would be an issue.

Don't use any of those third party sites that are about. Use the government one: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/

DickyRock

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 03, 2015, 12:47:15 PM
Just reading through and it says;

Visa Waiver Program requirements are:

The passport must have a machine-readable zone on the biographic page.
Issued on or after October 26, 2005 – Each Visa Waiver Program passport issued on or after this date must have a digital photo.
Issued on or after October 26, 2006 – Each Visa Waiver Program passport issued on or after this date must be an electronic passport with a digital chip containing biometric information about the passport owner.

One of the passports was issued in July 2006 (Between these two dates). So is that alright?

Confused!

The passport falls in the Issued on or after October 26, 2005 category. :-D

It needs to have a photo not the biometric info

Norf Tyrone

Cheers Dicky Rock. You're a fair singer!

There might be more questions!

:-)