Lucinda Creighton - the answer to all our problems !!

Started by Rossfan, January 02, 2015, 05:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Rossfan

This circus is to start on the road today I believe.

seafoid

Quote from: muppet on January 09, 2015, 06:38:09 PM
http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/islamic-scholar-has-no-place-in-party-says-lucinda-creighton-1.2059679

Lucinda Creighton has indicated she has no interest in talking to a Dublin-based Islamic scholar about joining her new party.

Dr Ali Selim of the Islamic Cultural Centre in Dublin has this week appealed to the Irish media not to republish cartoons that appeared in the French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo.
He also condemned the extremists who were responsible for the murder of 12 people in the headquarters of the Charlie Hebdo in Paris.
Sinn Féin's Aengus Ó Snodaigh claims the Government has sat on its hands since the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development's review of the Irish pension system was published.  Dr Selim, who has run as an Independent candidate in local elections, said he was interested in talking to Ms Creighton about the political party she is forming.

Responding to his comments, Ms Creighton indicated firmly she was not interested in him becoming a member.

She said freedom of speech went hand in hand with freedom of conscience which was a central principle of the new party.
"Anyone who feels the media should be curtailed from unfettered freedom has no place in our political party," she said.

I was disappointed when I read this man's comments earlier in the week. It is fine to qualify your comments on here, but he really needed to simply condemn the attackers and leave it at that.

But Lucinda is off her rocker making comments like that. They will come back to haunt her.
She wants to get the Breda O'Brien anti abortion vote in. Freedom of conscience my arse.
It's interesting that the breakaway from FG was over a social rather than an economic issue.

guy crouchback

what i cannot understand for the life of me is why has she involved herself with Eddie Hobbs? it just seems bizarre, i cannot think of a more idiotic decision she could make at this stage.

you would think anyone with an ounce of political nous would run a mile form the attention seeking fool. he has no hope of being elected himself, he is sure to put his foot in it repeatedly, to be honest i wouldn't leave him in charge of the tea kitty let alone involve him in party policy.
its the equivalent of having Dustin the turkey as your second in command. maybe its just me.

armaghniac

Quote from: guy crouchback on March 13, 2015, 01:34:19 PM
what i cannot understand for the life of me is why has she involved herself with Eddie Hobbs? it just seems bizarre, i cannot think of a more idiotic decision she could make at this stage.

you would think anyone with an ounce of political nous would run a mile form the attention seeking fool. he has no hope of being elected himself, he is sure to put his foot in it repeatedly, to be honest i wouldn't leave him in charge of the tea kitty let alone involve him in party policy.
its the equivalent of having Dustin the turkey as your second in command. maybe its just me.

It isn't only you,  Hobbs is a mouth.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rossfan

Here ye go -
http://renuaireland.com/
I suppose they couldn't very well use Continuity Fine Gael. ;D

Esmarelda

Shoddy enough looking website with Jason Fitzgerald's profile listed twice.

Still, if that's all I ever pull them up on it won't be too bad.

I'm keeping an open mind but it's difficult to get too enthusiastic.

macdanger2

Anyone hear yer man on R1 yesterday evening? He got completely tongue tied and the interview had to be cut short

Agent Orange

Quote from: macdanger2 on March 14, 2015, 03:12:05 PM
Anyone hear yer man on R1 yesterday evening? He got completely tongue tied and the interview had to be cut short

Cringe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaRAOWmMT3c

muppet

Spoof account on twitter: https://twitter.com/Renualreland

Here is a selection:

Rénúá Ireland @Renualreland  ·  Mar 15
Hey @foxnewspolitics we're a new conservative Irish political party. Give us an endorsement?

Rénúá Ireland @Renualreland  ·  Mar 14
#Renua'd @defenceforces: We'll cut the defence budget and spend what we do have on big guns, not physiotherapy.

Rénúá Ireland @Renualreland  ·  Mar 14
It's time patients took responsibility for their wellbeing and brought their own trollies to hospital. Amazing prices from Mattress Mick.

Rénúá Ireland @Renualreland  ·  Mar 13
We can announce that @TFlanaganTD has been deselected as a #ReNua candidate. #listeningtothepeople
MWWSI 2017

macdanger2

Another new political party - Social Democrats. headed by Catherine Murphy, Róisín Shortall and Stephen Donnelly

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0715/714894-social-democrats/

Having three leaders is a little strange to say the least but from that RTE article, their policies are:

- will abolish water charges and pause the water-metering programme if in Government
- in favour of a two-to-one division in favour of spending over taxation in the budget.
- favour repealing the Eighth Amendment of the Constitution.
- increase taxation to fund a Nordic child care system, they said they would extend paid paternity leave and establish child clinics.
- favours the abolition of the Official Secrets Act
- currently working on a number of policies, including in relation to health and childcare.
- increase paid parental leave to 12 months initially – would cost €360m a year if it was to be introduced all in one go, but numbers on the live register would drop because people would be needed to fill parental vacancies. For each person removed from the live register, it saves the Government €20,000.
- Universal access to healthcare for everyone. She added that they believe in the current Programme for Government, but that it has not been delivered.
intend to intend to contest as many seats as possible and are appealing for people who share the same values, goals and ambitions to make a better Ireland for the future.
- will apply a whip on confidence votes and budgets, but will have a free vote on other occasions[/list]

Feckitt

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 15, 2015, 11:58:51 AM
    Another new political party - Social Democrats. headed by Catherine Murphy, Róisín Shortall and Stephen Donnelly

http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0715/714894-social-democrats/

Having three leaders is a little strange to say the least but from that RTE article, their policies are:

- will abolish water charges and pause the water-metering programme if in Government
- in favour of a two-to-one division in favour of spending over taxation in the budget.
- favour repealing the Eighth Amendment of the Constitution.
- increase taxation to fund a Nordic child care system, they said they would extend paid paternity leave and establish child clinics.
- favours the abolition of the Official Secrets Act
- currently working on a number of policies, including in relation to health and childcare.
- increase paid parental leave to 12 months initially – would cost €360m a year if it was to be introduced all in one go, but numbers on the live register would drop because people would be needed to fill parental vacancies. For each person removed from the live register, it saves the Government €20,000.
- Universal access to healthcare for everyone. She added that they believe in the current Programme for Government, but that it has not been delivered.
intend to intend to contest as many seats as possible and are appealing for people who share the same values, goals and ambitions to make a better Ireland for the future.
- will apply a whip on confidence votes and budgets, but will have a free vote on other occasions[/list]
All grand, but how will they pay for all of this.

macdanger2

If they're looking at a "Nordic" model then it's higher taxes that will be paying for it but your services would be expected to be proportionately better also

AZOffaly

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 15, 2015, 12:32:16 PM
If they're looking at a "Nordic" model then it's higher taxes that will be paying for it but your services would be expected to be proportionately better also

What's the tax rate in the nordic countries? When you factor in USC, PAYE, PRSI, VAT etc etc, is there much room for a hike?