Crazy Gang

Started by theticklemister, January 01, 2015, 10:39:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Don't like soccer or documentaries on the subject, but just watched the documentary on the Crazy Gang from Wimbledon on BT Sports. Absolutely fantastic, a must see 

DownFanatic

Really good. Just something not quite right about Fashanu though :)

Boycey

BennyHarp

Ex footballer turned boxer Curtis Woodhouse was having a bit of a laugh about the whole Vinnie Jones Hardman reputation on Twitter last week which was quite amusing. I've heard his reputation as a hard man be questioned on numerous occasions, especially from his time at Leeds, and the stories don't seem to match up to the reality of old Vinnie. But it got him a few movie roles I supppose, so fair play.
That was never a square ball!!

Syferus

It was a good documentary with a lot of structural problems. They glossed over Wimbledon's beginnings in record time, the run tot he FA Cup final was told in literally one minute of clips and the gravity of the match, of the goal, even the penalty weren't conveyed with the same deftness you see so regularly in american sports documentaries. Indeed Wimbledon's league form and the end of the Crazy Gang was glossed over.

I think it was a great story, made far more by the interviewees than the film-makers.

Shamrock Shore

Just how mad is Fashanu and did Vinny Jones get his clothes from Chris Eubank?

heffo

Quote from: BennyHarp on January 01, 2015, 11:41:56 PM
Ex footballer turned boxer Curtis Woodhouse was having a bit of a laugh about the whole Vinnie Jones Hardman reputation on Twitter last week which was quite amusing. I've heard his reputation as a hard man be questioned on numerous occasions, especially from his time at Leeds, and the stories don't seem to match up to the reality of old Vinnie. But it got him a few movie roles I supppose, so fair play.

Fashanu is off his trolley!

There are loads of different stories of Vinnie Jones bottling it when it was put to him face to face from different footballers.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: heffo on January 02, 2015, 12:49:37 PM

There are loads of different stories of Vinnie Jones bottling it when it was put to him face to face from different footballers.

He lived off the hod carrier turned hardman a bit and the photo of him grabbing Gazza's goolies.  That wasn't hard,  that was actually a typical act of a coward and a bully.   

heffo

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 02, 2015, 12:51:18 PM
Quote from: heffo on January 02, 2015, 12:49:37 PM

He lived off the hod carrier turned hardman a bit and the photo of him grabbing Gazza's goolies.  That wasn't hard,  that was actually a typical act of a coward and a bully.

Kevin Ball (Ex-Sunderland) is supposed to have grabbed him by the throat with Fashanu standing watching in the tunnel and lifted him off the ground - he'd no response.