Started by muppet, December 16, 2014, 12:43:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: gallsman on December 17, 2014, 02:19:41 PM
Quote from: Franko on December 17, 2014, 01:39:24 PM
Quote from: gallsman on December 17, 2014, 01:27:36 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on December 17, 2014, 12:24:22 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 17, 2014, 07:58:56 AM

Selective outrage is great but system problems need more thinking that that.
#bring back our girls

says the most selective spin doctor of the lot. jesus but you have some neck to come out with that BS given your 13 years of propaganda on here.

still no condemnation of the attack from you btw ..don't think for a second that this has gone unnoticed...

Ah, your usual line of "it doesn't matter how much you condemn anything until you're seen to be condemning it on an internet discussion board" line. Make you feel better about things, does it? You expressed your condemnation to a bunch of people you don't know and can now move swiftly past things? Pathetic.

Can we start a thread on how many times gallsman describes something as 'pathetic'...

I'll try not bite too much considering the seriousness of the topic under discussion but all I'll say is:

Rapists you support: at least one

Rapists I support: zero

Eh what the f**k have Rapists got to do with this issue? you know, the issue on this thread, you sir are a sniveling git!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

gallsman

Quote from: stew on December 17, 2014, 02:30:08 PM
you sir are a sniveling git!

Hush now, the grown ups are talking. You're a complete and utter imbecile but you don't hear me banging on about it.

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on December 17, 2014, 02:23:57 PM
The primary issue is Islamic Jihad and their murderous mission to impose their creed on others.

And what causes jihadism (I presume you mean jihadism in general rather than the organisation specifically referred to as Islamic Jihad - please correct me if I'm wrong)? Is it down to the simplistic belief that Islam is a violent religion? If so, why are the vast majority of them peace loving civilians like any of the rest of us? Is it history or politics or economics?

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on December 17, 2014, 02:16:21 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on December 17, 2014, 01:47:50 PM
Islamic Jihadism long predates what is referred to as "the west" today. They will always find an excuse to attack whatever secular/non-fundamentalist form of government that challenges them. This constant attempt to lay the blame at the door of the victims instead of the perpetrators is not going to solve the issue. Those militants were not thinking of climate change of population growth when they murdered those children. To say otherwise is, at best, naïve and, at worst, sinister.
Islamic jihadism is a stupid ideology. Cover up the women and chaos will subside.
But its modern version does not predate the West. 

For whatever reason the West has interfered in the region since the late 1800s and
always used the idea that the locals are bloodthirsty barbarians.
Most of them are just ordinary people who want to live quiet lives.
But quiet lives are bad for the likes of Lockheed Martin.

It's quite ironic having Europeans looking down on Muslims for their violent tendencies.
Europe has only been stable for 2 generations.   

https://www.magnumphotos.com/C.aspx?VP3=SearchResult&ALID=2TYRYD0EWXLG

And climate change reduces the resources available to a population so it's a key factor in insurgencies these days.

This is the problem. You dismiss it simply as a "stupid ideology" as if it were merely incidental to what is happening rather than being the main cause.

seafoid

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on December 17, 2014, 02:49:23 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 17, 2014, 02:16:21 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on December 17, 2014, 01:47:50 PM
Islamic Jihadism long predates what is referred to as "the west" today. They will always find an excuse to attack whatever secular/non-fundamentalist form of government that challenges them. This constant attempt to lay the blame at the door of the victims instead of the perpetrators is not going to solve the issue. Those militants were not thinking of climate change of population growth when they murdered those children. To say otherwise is, at best, naïve and, at worst, sinister.
Islamic jihadism is a stupid ideology. Cover up the women and chaos will subside.
But its modern version does not predate the West. 

For whatever reason the West has interfered in the region since the late 1800s and
always used the idea that the locals are bloodthirsty barbarians.
Most of them are just ordinary people who want to live quiet lives.
But quiet lives are bad for the likes of Lockheed Martin.

It's quite ironic having Europeans looking down on Muslims for their violent tendencies.
Europe has only been stable for 2 generations.   

https://www.magnumphotos.com/C.aspx?VP3=SearchResult&ALID=2TYRYD0EWXLG

And climate change reduces the resources available to a population so it's a key factor in insurgencies these days.

This is the problem. You dismiss it simply as a "stupid ideology" as if it were merely incidental to what is happening rather than being the main cause.
Tell us what you think of Ronnie and the Mujahideen. Why did he fund them ? Wasn't it already clear in 82 how evil Jihad was over on planet fox ?

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on December 17, 2014, 02:54:45 PM
Tell us what you think of Ronnie and the Mujahideen. Why did he fund them ? Wasn't it already clear in 82 how evil Jihad was over on planet fox ?

He funded them as a counter force to the soviets who had invaded Afganistan. A fact that you conveniently neglected to mention when you highlighted the wests role in the rise of the Mujahideen. Again, you ignored the main driver to focus only on the western involvement. You seem stuck in a time warp and you still look at the world trough the prism of the cold war hence Russia and China seem to get a pass from you  whilst you pillior the west mercilessly. Things have moved on since your glory days in the Student union Seafoid. It is time take off the CND badge and grow up.

But that is not what motivated the Taliban. They want to set up their version of an Islamic state. they attacked the school because the army opposes that goal. The Taliban are the problem. Stop trying to deflect from that.

gallsman

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on December 17, 2014, 03:21:44 PM

He funded them as a counter force to the soviets who had invaded Afganistan. A fact that you conveniently neglected to mention when you highlighted the wests role in the rise of the Mujahideen. Again, you ignored the main driver to focus only on the western involvement. You seem stuck in a time warp and you still look at the world trough the prism of the cold war hence Russia and China seem to get a pass from you  whilst you pillior the west mercilessly. Things have moved on since your glory days in the Student union Seafoid. It is time take off the CND badge and grow up.

But that is not what motivated the Taliban. They want to set up their version of an Islamic state. they attacked the school because the army opposes that goal. The Taliban are the problem. Stop trying to deflect from that.

I think that's slightly simplistic but I don't disagree with you. How would you fix that problem? I haven't a clue. Bombing the hell out of them for ten odd years doesn't appear to have worked.

seafoid

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on December 17, 2014, 03:21:44 PM

The Soviet Union was already in economic decline by 1982
I would have thought funding the thugs in the Mujahideen was counter productive. And guess what happened.
Duh.

The Taliban have guns and they want power. They are odious.   Why would the Americans have helped them get started?
And who else are the Yanks funding now that'll turn out just as bad ?   

Fundi Islamic states are a load of shite as well. Like they are any better at managing problems.

Also Mike what about Saudi giving the Taliban moral support? Killing Americans along the way like Daniel Pearl.
Do you think Saudi should be sanctioned or are you okay with Wahhabi thinking between consenting adults as long as it keeps gas prices down at the pump?   

Franko

Quote from: gallsman on December 17, 2014, 02:19:41 PM
Quote from: Franko on December 17, 2014, 01:39:24 PM
Quote from: gallsman on December 17, 2014, 01:27:36 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on December 17, 2014, 12:24:22 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 17, 2014, 07:58:56 AM

Selective outrage is great but system problems need more thinking that that.
#bring back our girls

says the most selective spin doctor of the lot. jesus but you have some neck to come out with that BS given your 13 years of propaganda on here.

still no condemnation of the attack from you btw ..don't think for a second that this has gone unnoticed...

Ah, your usual line of "it doesn't matter how much you condemn anything until you're seen to be condemning it on an internet discussion board" line. Make you feel better about things, does it? You expressed your condemnation to a bunch of people you don't know and can now move swiftly past things? Pathetic.

Can we start a thread on how many times gallsman describes something as 'pathetic'...

I'll try not bite too much considering the seriousness of the topic under discussion but all I'll say is:

Rapists you support: at least one

Rapists I support: zero

Show me where...

Pathetic  ;D

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: gallsman on December 17, 2014, 02:35:45 PM

Hush now, the grown ups are talking. You're a complete and utter imbecile but you don't hear me banging on about it.

The primary issue is Islamic Jihad and their murderous mission to impose their creed on others.

And what causes jihadism (I presume you mean jihadism in general rather than the organisation specifically referred to as Islamic Jihad - please correct me if I'm wrong)? Is it down to the simplistic belief that Islam is a violent religion? If so, why are the vast majority of them peace loving civilians like any of the rest of us? Is it history or politics or economics?

yes, I am referring to jihadism in general.

Islam itself is not the problem. As far as I am concerned it has no more or no less fairy dust , man -in the sky bumpkin than Catholicsim or Hinduism.  However there is a disproportionate willingness to interpret its tenets as a justification for mindless slaughter in the name of setting up some idiotic caliphate. All these offshoots have, more or less, this as their agenda from Hamas to the Taliban This is becoming far too widespread and what I see happening more and more are these arguments about alienation, social issues, economic inequality etc being used as an excuse. These issues affect all countries and all religions. the problem is the deep rooted fanaticism.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

seafoid

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on December 17, 2014, 03:36:42 PM
Quote from: gallsman on December 17, 2014, 02:35:45 PM

yes, I am referring to jihadism in general.

Islam itself is not the problem. As far as I am concerned it has no more or no less fairy dust , man -in the sky bumpkin than Catholicsim or Hinduism.  However there is a disproportionate willingness to interpret its tenets as a justification for mindless slaughter in the name of setting up some idiotic caliphate. All these offshoots have, more or less, this as their agenda from Hamas to the Taliban This is becoming far too widespread and what I see happening more and more are these arguments about alienation, social issues, economic inequality etc being used as an excuse. These issues affect all countries and all religions. the problem is the deep rooted fanaticism.
Hamas has been taken off the terrorism list of the EU.
Big changes coming up now with Israel under diplomatic pressure in Europe.

"Social issues, economic inequality etc"- pure political economy, the source of all political violence. 

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on December 17, 2014, 03:57:30 PM

"Social issues, economic inequality etc"- pure political economy, the source of all political violence.

These issues were not why those lunatics fired point blank on those children and burned their teachers.

In fact, it is the exact opposite.  They were attacking , head on, the most important means of combating many of the issues that you highlight i.e. education.

seafoid

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on December 17, 2014, 04:12:07 PM

These issues were not why those lunatics fired point blank on those children and burned their teachers.

In fact, it is the exact opposite.  They were attacking , head on, the most important means of combating many of the issues that you highlight i.e. education.

Whatever. the war has been going on for 10 years and plenty of schools in the north have been destroyed.
How do you change the dynamic so that no more kids die ?

And jihad as the problem- why is Malaysia so stable ?

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on December 17, 2014, 05:02:21 PM

Whatever. the war has been going on for 10 years and plenty of schools in the north have been destroyed.

You can start by stopping the people that want to kill them from killing them or would that be considered "interference" in their "region" to you ?

Malaysia is more stable because the Malaysian government have obviously had more success in preventing the extremists from organizing and forming into a force as large as ISIS or the Taliban. Also, Malaysia, whilst containing its share of fundamentalists, is, far more accepting of western influence and the norms of a civilized society and that has been of benefit to that society.

Perhaps if you would focus your energies toward encouraging these countries to adopt western style democracy and secularism instead of constantly attacking the very countries which epitomize its success then maybe we wouldn't need to have these conversations.

seafoid

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on December 17, 2014, 05:44:38 PM
Quote from: seafoid on December 17, 2014, 05:02:21 PM

You can start by stopping the people that want to kill them from killing them or would that be considered "interference" in their "region" to you ?

Malaysia is more stable because the Malaysian government have obviously had more success in preventing the extremists from organizing and forming into a force as large as ISIS or the Taliban. Also, Malaysia, whilst containing its share of fundamentalists, is, far more accepting of western influence and the norms of a civilized society and that has been of benefit to that society.

Perhaps if you would focus your energies toward encouraging these countries to adopt western style democracy and secularism instead of constantly attacking the very countries which epitomize its success then maybe we wouldn't need to have these conversations.

Thanks for the laughs. Sheehy.
I see you're playing good cop today.
No insults at all? 

What is the main difference between Malaysia and Afghanistan regarding the US ?