All Ireland junior championship

Started by theticklemister, November 29, 2014, 01:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

Big crowd from Arann Islands here in Birmingham to play john Mitchels of Britain and Lancashire. 1.30 start

theticklemister

Mitchels 1-02 to no score after three minutes. No wind

theticklemister

1-4 to a point to British champions.

Mickey Molly fro Donegal and Kiera Lynham from Westmeath causing mayhem

theticklemister

theticklemister

drici

Cúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúúul

theticklemister

theticklemister

ONeill

The Rock will be hard to stop. Lost in the AI final a few years ago. That McCreesh lad seems to be the real deal.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

clarshack

rock have done well but tbh the standard of opposition in ulster was extremely poor to say the least.
they will likely play brosna of kerry in the ai semi.
hard to know how good brosna really are? - they beat glenbeigh in the kerry semi and glenbeigh will be playing in division 1 next year, they also finished above ardfert in division 3 and ardfert won the munster intermediate championship yesterday but then again they only just scraped past dromid in the kerry final and dromid were without declan o'sullivan for most of the game.

on the other side of the draw straffan of kildare seem to be a decent side.

BennyHarp

Quote from: clarshack on December 01, 2014, 12:43:18 PM
rock have done well but tbh the standard of opposition in ulster was extremely poor to say the least.
hard to know how good brosna really are? - they beat glenbeigh in the kerry semi and glenbeigh will be playing in division 1 next year, they also finished above ardfert in division 3 and ardfert won the munster intermediate championship yesterday but then again they only just scraped past dromid in the kerry final and dromid were without declan o'sullivan for most of the game.

I seriously wouldn't rule out John Mitchell's of Liverpool. They have been to the AI final before so are experienced at this level and probably have a bigger pick of lads than most junior clubs. The only thing that could work against them is a lack of decent competitive games over the course of the season but it will be interesting to see how they fare in the semi final.
That was never a square ball!!

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: clarshack on December 01, 2014, 12:43:18 PM

Brosna will most likely beat Glin in Munster final, but I'd be making Rock firm favourites for the semi final IF the usual standard of Ulster winners holds. Brosna are the weakest team to come out of Kerry in a long time to be honest. One thing for sure though, if the Rock think they are going to dominate them physically they are in for a rude awakening. These boys are bred for winter football and relish the tough exchanges.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

theticklemister

Well just looking at Mitchels, they had a panel of about 21 on the squad there on Saturday. They do have a lot more but have selected only this amount. They have used the same subs mainly in last 2/3 games so they have a settled team and selected sub list. Up front they have two excellent corner forwards who get all the scores. Mickey Molly was asked into the Donegal squad a few years back and lynham is a nex Westmeath u-21. They both hit excellent scores. The mitchel lads would be an average age of 31/32 so they have been about and are physically very strong. Their key asset is that they play as a team. They have no stars but hard working players who never say die. They will bust their balls and seem to want to knuckle down to win it this year.

Regards friendlies, there is not a lot of options. There will be no clubs about between now and January. Liverpool hope and john Moores who compete at trench level, could offer a bit of resistance but the Mitchels would be too strong. Maybe a run down to London To play the senior club champions. But they might be far to strong.

What would clubs do for a break now? Train for two more weeks until Christmas and then stop for two and then back at it?

Heshs Umpire

Straffan are a very good team. Beat my club, Courtwood, in the Leinster semi final last week.
Lost last year's Kildare junior final by a point to the eventual All Ireland winners Two Mile House so won't be easy beaten.
That said, Moate who they play in the Leinster final next week, are good too. Have been winning minor A titles in Westmeath I believe. Former senior club who will be all out to go all the way.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore