Phillip Hughes, died after being hit by a cricket ball

Started by pullhard, November 27, 2014, 09:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pullhard

Australian cricketer Phillip Hughes has died two days after being struck on the head by a short delivery during a Sheffield Shield match.

Such sad news, he was only 25.

His obituary: http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/nov/27/phillip-hughes-obituary

The Subbie

His aunt works with me here in Oz, terrible.

Sean Abbot the guy who bowled him must be in bits.

screenexile

Horrible story and just the worst luck in the world!

macdanger2

Aerlik

Mini-me is a huge cricket fan and plays at a decent level here.  He was a bit shocked about it all and didn't quite understand.

I watched him play in Perth a few times.  Good player with a lot of potential, sadly cut short.

Sadly, the commercial TV and radio channels are competing tooth and nail with each other vying to see who can score the most heartstring-tugging "exclusive".  It is fcukin embarrassing.

To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

pullhard

Such a sad story, freak accident.
The poor fella who bowled that ball must be in bits, I really hope he has plenty of support around him.

On Radio 4 their was touching comment about how he died doing something he loved.

The Subbie

Quote from: Aerlik on November 29, 2014, 02:54:47 PM
Mini-me is a huge cricket fan and plays at a decent level here.  He was a bit shocked about it all and didn't quite understand.

I watched him play in Perth a few times.  Good player with a lot of potential, sadly cut short.

Sadly, the commercial TV and radio channels are competing tooth and nail with each other vying to see who can score the most heartstring-tugging "exclusive".  It is fcukin embarrassing.

+100000, channel 7 & channel 10 in particular are doing there best to outdo each other at this game.

The funeral will see it going into overdrive.