John Delaney singing Joe McDonnell

Started by theticklemister, November 25, 2014, 12:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gallsman

Quote from: charlieTully on November 26, 2014, 08:26:47 AM
He should be commended for singing the song. Are the southern media saying the hunger strikes were wrong?

No, he shouldn't.

No, they aren't

charlieTully

Quote from: gallsman on November 26, 2014, 10:47:49 AM
He should be commended for singing the song. Are the southern media saying the hunger strikes were wrong?

No, he shouldn't.

No, they aren't

You on traffic duty today again? 

gallsman

Quote from: charlieTully on November 26, 2014, 10:59:00 AM
Quote from: gallsman on November 26, 2014, 10:47:49 AM

No, he shouldn't.

No, they aren't

You on traffic duty today again?

You still a hypocritical little bigot?

laoislad

Oohhh this thread just got interesting..
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Hound

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on November 26, 2014, 12:20:54 PM
Malachy Clerkin nails it

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/john-delaney-acting-in-a-manner-unbefitting-for-the-position-he-holds-1.2015027

And finally realised why the Indo aren't all over this, have to keep the boss man happy.
To me I read that as the Irish Times trying to come up with a good reason as to why such a minor story made the front page of their newspaper. To paraphrase - "I know there was feck all in that incident, but think of everything else the hoor has done. Therefore we were justified in it being the top of the front page."
Balderdash. And embarrasing the Indo's boss man was probably part of the consideration for making it front page news.
(And I say this as someone who always reads the Times and would never pick up the Indo)

deiseach

Quote from: Hound on November 26, 2014, 12:49:14 PM
Malachy Clerkin nails it

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/john-delaney-acting-in-a-manner-unbefitting-for-the-position-he-holds-1.2015027

And finally realised why the Indo aren't all over this, have to keep the boss man happy.
To me I read that as the Irish Times trying to come up with a good reason as to why such a minor story made the front page of their newspaper. To paraphrase - "I know there was feck all in that incident, but think of everything else the hoor has done. Therefore we were justified in it being the top of the front page."
Balderdash. And embarrasing the Indo's boss man was probably part of the consideration for making it front page news.
(And I say this as someone who always reads the Times and would never pick up the Indo)

Just to clarify your objections here. Is it that it was on the front page or that it was reported at all?

ballinaman

Quote from: Hound on November 26, 2014, 12:49:14 PM
Malachy Clerkin nails it

So the head of one of the 3 major sporting organisations in Ireland with a litany of royal fcuk ups doesn't warrant a story?

ballinaman

Make no mistake, Delaney is a cute boyo. He'll try a go down the route of the republican ballad being the issue, talking about how he's proud to be Irish and relations who were in the war of independence ect. He knows well this will go down well with the majority..(sing the songs myself on away trips sure)
Media focusing on if he should apologise or not and this suits Delaney down to the ground...lesser of two evils.

I personally couldn't give two shites if he was shifting the face off Derek Warfield...that's not the issue. It's a man in his position earning as much as he does, doing as little as his does for the LOI ect should be showing a bit more f**king tact in public...belt away at home John Boy by all means but not in a bar, 100m down the road from the stadium and with the English coming to town in June...he's a clown.

deiseach

Delaney seems to be engaging in a never-ending series of "look over there!" moments. Caught out allocating the tickets to his cronies? Look over there, the SFA didn't give us enough tickets and sold the ones they had in a manner that is likely to cause a riot! Caught out singing songs in an incident he would have preferred (whatever about the rightness or not of the particular tune) were kept out of the public domain? Look over there, persons or persons unnamed are abusing my girlfriend on Twitter, and I was so busy dealing with that that I couldn't stop third parties from trying to censor news outlets! It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic. Actually scratch that, it is funny.

theticklemister

ballinaman

Quote from: deiseach on November 26, 2014, 01:57:37 PM
Delaney seems to be engaging in a never-ending series of "look over there!" moments. Caught out allocating the tickets to his cronies? Look over there, the SFA didn't give us enough tickets and sold the ones they had in a manner that is likely to cause a riot! Caught out singing songs in an incident he would have preferred (whatever about the rightness or not of the particular tune) were kept out of the public domain? Look over there, persons or persons unnamed are abusing my girlfriend on Twitter, and I was so busy dealing with that that I couldn't stop third parties from trying to censor news outlets! It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic. Actually scratch that, it is funny.
Nail on the head. You could break it down that it's rooted in his personality....C'mere John, how come you let Slovakian FA off so lightly hosting the match in Zillina, an absolute hole to get to....sssshhhh, sure I'll just buy cans for everyone on the train from Bratislava...that'll keep ye quiet.
Giving out info to random supporters he never met before in the foyer in Tbilisi....ect..

deiseach

At the risk of getting a bit too personal about it all, who can ever forget George the Greek?