Stephanie Roche goal nominated for FIFA Goal of the Season Puskas award

Started by seafoid, November 12, 2014, 09:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

It is that plainly her gender played a significant part in getting her to second place in the FIFA Goal of the Year Award. That is not being begrudging or denying it was a spectacular goal, and I don't mean a button of harm to the girl, but come on,if the goal had been scored in the Phoenix Park during a Leinster League game, by a male, or even by a Shamock Rovers player in the Airtricity League in Tallaght, neither the goal nor the goalscorer would ever been heard of.

Billys Boots

That sounds more like an opinion than a fact. 

And didn't an Irish League goal make the shortlist in the very recent past?
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

imtommygunn

Quote from: Billys Boots on May 22, 2015, 03:07:37 PM

Exactly - the guy from Glentoran went to play in Spain after it didn't he? I think the same happened too where he didn't make it but who could blame him for trying.

How has the conclusion been drawn that her gender played a significant part?? Where has anyone given any facts to indicate this was the case?? Plainly you're talking nonsense as usual!!

Bingo

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 22, 2015, 03:21:33 PM
Quote from: Billys Boots on May 22, 2015, 03:07:37 PM

Exactly - the guy from Glentoran went to play in Spain after it didn't he? I think the same happened too where he didn't make it but who could blame him for trying.

How has the conclusion been drawn that her gender played a significant part?? Where has anyone given any facts to indicate this was the case?? Plainly you're talking nonsense as usual!!
Shock. Horror.