What's your earliest memory of the GAAboard?

Started by Under Lights, November 06, 2014, 03:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on November 07, 2014, 06:53:58 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on November 07, 2014, 04:40:51 PM
Anyone remember Ken Reilly,a Meathman, exiled in the States, posted a lot in the late 90s,usually as high as a kite?

True story, an Armagh man, who should have known better (a retired professional class member) asked me once in the midst of the Tyrone Armagh mania, and I quote "Who is that cnut O'Neill?"  ;D ;D ;D

A couple of years ago I got chatting to a fellow who told me he became a member of the board years ago, and a well known one at that, to " cyber do" me. Became good enough friends since.

Cool, a gay-marriage would be a first for the board.

At least I think it would.
MWWSI 2017

ziggysego

Quote from: T Fearon on November 08, 2014, 11:28:41 PM
Ziggy you had to wait 12 years to meet me!

Yeah, I picked the worst possible day to meet you too....
Testing Accessibility

Aerlik

I joined in '98.  There was Da Gadderin in '99 in Dublin which coincided with my trip home and where I met BordnaMona Man, Deiseach (his sister, whose name escapes me, and another fella from Waaaturrfird whose name also escapes me), Vicki and a few others. 

To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Shamrock Shore

Believe it or not I have been here since Day1, being one of the Gaels who invented the internet in Ireland.

The original Board was set up by Jim Gallagher who had the original www.gaa.ie through his work in DCU.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Aerlik on November 09, 2014, 02:12:29 PM
I joined in '98.  There was Da Gadderin in '99 in Dublin which coincided with my trip home and where I met BordnaMona Man, Deiseach (his sister, whose name escapes me, and another fella from Waaaturrfird whose name also escapes me), Vicki and a few others.

Ay chance of another such gatherin?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Orior

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8MyoYZvgjk
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Aerlik

Quote from: Orior on November 09, 2014, 08:10:22 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8MyoYZvgjk

LOL, I thought you were referring to someone else there for a moment.

Bord na Mona man

Aye, Mick Barry, Larry (Ruaile) Buaile, Jovial Chap, Meath Avenger, Turk and Navan Woman were along as well.
If I recall, there were chaotic scenes when you accused someone of looking at your wummin!

Aerlik

Quote from: Bord na Mona man on November 10, 2014, 01:42:45 PM
Aye, Mick Barry, Larry (Ruaile) Buaile, Jovial Chap, Meath Avenger, Turk and Navan Woman were along as well.
If I recall, there were chaotic scenes when you accused someone of looking at your wummin!

Mick Barry!!!  Of course, that was the man.  Was Turk the fella with the mullet/longish hair.  If I remember right you were working your platinum blond charms in sync with her Aussie accent.

deiseach

I'm taking it that Aerlik wasn't always Aerlik?

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Aerlik

seafoid

Quote from: Aerlik on November 10, 2014, 01:58:27 PM

Mick Barry!!!  Of course, that was the man.  Was Turk the fella with the mullet/longish hair.  If I remember right you were working your platinum blond charms in sync with her Aussie accent.
Turk was the poet

muppet

Quote from: seafoid on November 10, 2014, 02:33:13 PM
Quote from: Aerlik on November 10, 2014, 01:58:27 PM

Turk was the poet

He still drops in from time to time.
MWWSI 2017