Gregory Campbell pronounces Go raibh Maith agat,as Curry my yoghurt?

Started by T Fearon, November 03, 2014, 06:25:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foxcommander

At least he's trying....

Is he not fluent in Ulster-Scat? If so he should have a headstart.

Must be clearing his way to being the first president of a united ireland.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

T Fearon

seafoid

His ultimate boss, Liz the second, even gave the Gaeilge a go when when she visited Dublin so it's kosher now for Northern Prods

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKz-6vn_i00

Fair play to her. Hugely symbolic 

omaghjoe

It never ceases to amaze me how gullible the Shinners are to wind ups from the DUP.

Ní Chuilín should have ignored his taunt, answered his question, and congratulated him on his burgeoning Irish.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: omaghjoe on November 03, 2014, 09:44:31 PM
It never ceases to amaze me how gullible the Shinners are to wind ups from the DUP.

Ní Chuilín should have ignored his taunt, answered his question, and congratulated him on his burgeoning Irish.
Thought that myself. She should have told him there lessons available throughout Derry  ;D

imtommygunn

How can you expect anyone to respect "our culture" when showing no respect for anyone else's? Fools.

Maguire01

I disagree. I think she handled it the right way.

omaghjoe

Quote from: Maguire01 on November 03, 2014, 10:42:43 PM

I disagree. I think she handled it the right way.

Why?
So that Geoffery can snigger away on the bench to his DUP mates?
Or that she can look like she is defending the Irish language against bigot scoffing?
It looks great for them both politically and no doubt  their respective elecorates will be loving it

Its of no practical usage at all to anyone else at all tho is it? It certainly doesn't help the Irish language one iota

Typical of the sort of nonsense that goes on at Stormont.

93-DY-SAM

Campbell is an absolutely disgusting and horrible individual with nothing intelligent nor productive to offer society.

dec

Even ignoring the deliberately wrong pronunciation, Campbell's question was also about trying to diminish the role of Irish.

He asked should there be a minority language strategy rather than just an Irish/Ulster-Scots strategy so that nobody feels left out. That sounds reasonable but it is really implying that Irish is just one of many minority languages, including I would assume Polish, Chinese and other languages of recent immigrants, rather than an important part of the culture.

theskull1

Appealing to the lowest common denominator is our Greg. That's a few more votes in the bag. Mission accomplished.

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

OakleafCounty

Couldn't care less what Gregory Campbell or Carol Cullen thinks about the Irish language. Stormont really is a joke!!! Time to get rid of it as it's nothing but a waste of money!