Author Topic: Colm O'Rourke vs. the GPA  (Read 38986 times)

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
Re: Colm O'Rourke vs. the GPA
« Reply #390 on: November 14, 2017, 11:28:10 AM »
Just Meath paranoid solidarity now that they're not much good at football any more ;)
2018- 2 Cupeens won, 2 to go.

rosnarun

• Maigheo Abú
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: November 14, 2017, 02:59:03 PM »
there was an article on ball.ie on the a text sent by the GPA but article seems to be gone now
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

LooseCannon

• View Profile
    • http://www.uibhfhaili.com/
« Reply #392 on: November 14, 2017, 09:30:05 PM »
there was an article on ball.ie on the a text sent by the GPA but article seems to be gone now

Money talks€€€€
Loose by name, Loose by nature 😉

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile

AZOffaly

• View Profile
« Reply #394 on: January 26, 2018, 03:32:21 PM »
Dermot Early's stepped down . . .

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/dermot-earley-steps-down-as-gpa-chief-executive-36534364.html

What do the GPA currently do? Serious question. I'm not trying to lead, but what are they actually currently involved in? I know they are helping GAA players for life after the GAA (my Father did some work with them regarding interview techniques, CV preparation etc) but aside from that, what are they at? Is there still furore over player welfare etc, or is all that gone by the wayside?

LooseCannon

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 26, 2018, 03:39:22 PM »

https://www.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/dermot-earley-steps-down-as-gpa-chief-executive-36534364.html

What do the GPA currently do? Serious question. I'm not trying to lead, but what are they actually currently involved in? I know they are helping GAA players for life after the GAA (my Father did some work with them regarding interview techniques, CV preparation etc) but aside from that, what are they at? Is there still furore over player welfare etc, or is all that gone by the wayside?

As a former player, didn’t know then, don’t know now.

All I know is a quick gander at their website shows up a picture of Donal óg.
 That’s all I need to know to put me off them even more.

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 26, 2018, 03:44:54 PM »

In fairness they've improved player welfare immeasurably. . . I think that work is done though what they do now I'm not so sure of!

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 26, 2018, 03:49:35 PM »

In fairness they've improved player welfare immeasurably. . . I think that work is done though what they do now I'm not so sure of!

You mean the welfare that is the horrendous January-April schedule? That work is far from fecking done.

Rossfan

• Ballaghaderreen CO ROSCOMMON
    • View Profile
    • Roscommon County Board official website
« Reply #398 on: January 26, 2018, 04:37:05 PM »
Young Dermot going back to the army so they'll need a new CEO.
2018- 2 Cupeens won, 2 to go.

Captain Scarlet

• View Profile
« Reply #399 on: January 26, 2018, 04:44:28 PM »
They seem to not want to rock the boat at all any longer and make any serious inroads into fixture BS, which is a massive issue.
From the outside there seems to be a lot of photo ops about 'great talks' and initiatives with the same faces popping up in them all.
Would it not be better served coming in officially and have more transparency. Genuine question here, but what are the CEO wages?
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

LooseCannon

• View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 26, 2018, 05:01:15 PM »
They seem to not want to rock the boat at all any longer and make any serious inroads into fixture BS, which is a massive issue.
From the outside there seems to be a lot of photo ops about 'great talks' and initiatives with the same faces popping up in them all.
Would it not be better served coming in officially and have more transparency. Genuine question here, but what are the CEO wages?

The average employee earns €77,000.

Colm O’Rourke- Irish Independent

shark

• View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 26, 2018, 05:07:31 PM »

Well whatever they are Dermot Earley won't have seen much left after paying emergency tax every month. As he said in the indo article, he had a decision to make, and obviously didn't think it was a job worth leaving the Defence Forces for.

Syferus

• View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 26, 2018, 06:17:45 PM »

Well whatever they are Dermot Earley won't have seen much left after paying emergency tax every month. As he said in the indo article, he had a decision to make, and obviously didn't think it was a job worth leaving the Defence Forces for.

Dermot Jr's decision had many more factors to it than simple remuneration.

shark

• View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 26, 2018, 06:51:07 PM »

Dermot Jr's decision had many more factors to it than simple remuneration.

No doubt. My point was that he couldn’t have held they status quo long term, and had to make a call. If he was a man solely chasing money then he wouldn’t still be in the army.