Sinn Fein TD: 'IRA did hold kangaroo courts'

Started by barryqwalsh, October 18, 2014, 02:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rossfan

I'd say FF ( The Frs) and Lab are worried plenty about the SF rise. Plenty of skeletons in them two oul closets Syfín.
FG are unlikely to lose any of their real support to SF but the floaters who voted for them in 2011 will be moving on to god knows where.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Maguire01

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 24, 2014, 11:04:47 AM
Quote from: johnneycool on October 24, 2014, 09:07:14 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on October 24, 2014, 07:06:29 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 23, 2014, 11:14:49 PM
And how does that connect them?
( this should be good)

I could apologise to the Sporting and GAA world for dick clerkins dirtyness - as I'm an ulster man and GAA coach ... Does that mean I'm connected to Monaghan ??
You don't apologise for something you have no responsibility or accountability for.

If you apologised in the scenario you've suggested, everyone would be wondering why you're doing so. It would make no sense.

Like Dave Cameron apologising for the massacre on Bloody Sunday, he wasn't personally responsible for something the British Army did, but its more a symbolic thing as he's now head of that particular state.

Did it make no sense for Dave to apologise?
spot on there Ted!
Actually way off the mark there Ted. It proves my point.

Cameron was of course correct to apologise. He is the PM and as head of the government, is ultimately accountable for the actions of the army.

To suggest the British PM is unconnected to the British army is ludicrous.

foxcommander

Quote from: Syferus on October 24, 2014, 03:46:28 PM
If I were a major political party (FF and FG are the one onlys that really count) I wouldn't be one bit worried about SF's magic sums and their closet full of skeltons. Karma's a bitch, lads.

Skeletons?

What about Joanna Tuffy's "No water charges" promise in 2009 or Frank Feighans Roscommon Hospital A+E promise before the last election.

The current exercise is fixed on the sensational to take the focus off the lies the public have been told in the past. I'm sick of the opportunism of FG, FF etc. Should concentrate their efforts on repairing a country they have totally fkd up.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

armaghniac

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 24, 2014, 05:24:21 PM
Cameron was of course correct to apologise. He is the PM and as head of the government, is ultimately accountable for the actions of the army.

The difference is that Cameron was only starting school when Bloody Sunday occurred, while Adams was leading the Republican movement when these events occurred.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

muppet

Quote from: armaghniac on October 24, 2014, 06:00:25 PM

The difference is that Cameron was only starting school when Bloody Sunday occurred, while Adams was leading the Republican movement when these events occurred.

That is a serious allegation. I have seen no evidence that Cameron went to school.
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

Quote from: muppet on October 24, 2014, 06:19:58 PM
That is a serious allegation. I have seen no evidence that Cameron went to school.

He went to Eton, don't you know. A right Eton mess.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Maguire01

Quote from: armaghniac on October 24, 2014, 06:00:25 PM

So by that logic, Adams is more accountable than Cameron?

Maguire01

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 24, 2014, 04:28:10 PM
If I were a major political party (FF and FG are the one onlys that really count) I wouldn't be one bit worried about SF's magic sums and their closet full of skeltons. Karma's a bitch, lads.
Well obv yer not a political party and it's not the shinners who have much to worry about unless Mary Lou was actually the famous south Armagh sniper

Sf are not the IRA ( and most people now realise this - hence the big voting figures for sf) therefore will have same skeletons that most folk might have in the dail
Nonsense. People always understood the difference between SF and the IRA. The difference is that the IRA is no more, SF has embraced peace, and is no longer on people's TV screens refusing to condemn IRA shootings and bombings.
That and the fact that SF has focused on 'bread and butter' politics in the south rather than pushing the one agenda that is way well down the priority list of many of their current voters.

lynchbhoy

( this should be good)

I could apologise to the Sporting and GAA world for dick clerkins dirtyness - as I'm an ulster man and GAA coach ... Does that mean I'm connected to Monaghan ??
You don't apologise for something you have no responsibility or accountability for.

If you apologised in the scenario you've suggested, everyone would be wondering why you're doing so. It would make no sense.

Like Dave Cameron apologising for the massacre on Bloody Sunday, he wasn't personally responsible for something the British Army did, but its more a symbolic thing as he's now head of that particular state.

spot on there Ted!

Do you actually believe that!!!!!
Lol!!!

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 24, 2014, 07:38:01 PM
Well obv yer not a political party and it's not the shinners who have much to worry about unless Mary Lou was actually the famous south Armagh sniper

Sf are not the IRA ( and most people now realise this - hence the big voting figures for sf) therefore will have same skeletons that most folk might have in the dail
Nonsense. People always understood the difference between SF and the IRA. The difference is that the IRA is no more, SF has embraced peace, and is no longer on people's TV screens refusing to condemn IRA shootings and bombings.
That and the fact that SF has focused on 'bread and butter' politics in the south rather than pushing the one agenda that is way well down the priority list of many of their current voters.
Great
So people like you will no longer try to equate the IRA with the shinners !

That makes a nice change!

Maguire01

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 25, 2014, 01:05:56 AM
( this should be good)

spot on there Ted!

Do you actually believe that!!!!!
Lol!!!
That's some counter-argument.

Maguire01

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 25, 2014, 01:07:14 AM

Great

I didn't "equate" the two, I objected to the idea they were "unconnected".

When historical issues arise, such as this one, SF will continue to be associated with the IRA, at least until that generation moves on. The fact that SF continues to sell IRA memorabilia on its website hardly shouts "unconnected organisation" either.

Syferus

Quote from: foxcommander on October 24, 2014, 05:56:06 PM

Skeletons?

What about Joanna Tuffy's "No water charges" promise in 2009 or Frank Feighans Roscommon Hospital A+E promise before the last election.

The current exercise is fixed on the sensational to take the focus off the lies the public have been told in the past. I'm sick of the opportunism of FG, FF etc. Should concentrate their efforts on repairing a country they have totally fkd up.

We're talking about literal skeletons as opposed to gombeenism.

If anything will make undecided voters forget about FF's misdeeds it's Gerry Adams' gang getting embroiled in their third abuse/murder crisis of the last two years.

Michael Martin must be counting his blessings, a massive own goal in the Roscommon by-election has been off-set by SF's c**k-up in Dublin and now this.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 25, 2014, 10:50:52 AM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 25, 2014, 01:07:14 AM

Great

I didn't "equate" the two, I objected to the idea they were "unconnected".

When historical issues arise, such as this one, SF will continue to be associated with the IRA, at least until that generation moves on. The fact that SF continues to sell IRA memorabilia on its website hardly shouts "unconnected organisation" either.
But not connected in the manner that many people ( including yourself?) seem to be attempting to do.
( it's not that the IRA regrouped as sf)

Sf arose from republicanism needing a political presence and a voice.

Sf selling memorabilia etc is trying to win favour with older Supporters of militant republicanism and IRA etc - it certainly doesn't work for me - it has the reverse effect to be honest.
That said there are some good sf politicians. There are a couple of good ones in every party