Sinn Fein TD: 'IRA did hold kangaroo courts'

Started by barryqwalsh, October 18, 2014, 02:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

muppet

Quote from: johnneycool on October 21, 2014, 03:18:56 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on October 21, 2014, 03:08:59 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on October 21, 2014, 01:57:07 PM
why any one would  report a crime to the orgamization they are complaining about is beyound me

Perhaps because they might shoot you for reporting them to the RUC?

And that the RUC will do SFA other than try and get more information out of you about their goings on rather than the offence you want investigated especially if you're Joe Cahill's Grand Niece.

The girl had no one to turn to.

That is reminiscent of the father of the girl being abused by Brendan Smyth in the docudrama on Smyth's abuse. The wife wants to call the cops (RUC) and the Dad says that would be nuts as they would be seen as touts.
MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

Quote from: johnneycool on October 21, 2014, 03:18:56 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on October 21, 2014, 03:08:59 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on October 21, 2014, 01:57:07 PM
why any one would  report a crime to the orgamization they are complaining about is beyound me

Perhaps because they might shoot you for reporting them to the RUC?

And that the RUC will do SFA other than try and get more information out of you about their goings on rather than the offence you want investigated especially if you're Joe Cahill's Grand Niece.

The girl had no one to turn to.

True.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Maguire01

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 19, 2014, 10:24:48 AM
Quote from: barryqwalsh on October 19, 2014, 05:02:54 AM
Whatever you say, let's agree to disagree.
I never have an issue with people's different opinions

However you cross the line of fact and merge it with hysterical spin when you say things like lumping sf in with the IRA.
It's just plain wrong

I mean people could equally say
Unionists& loyalists/kkk
Sdlp/Opus Dei
Fine Gael & Fianna Fáil/ Anglo Irish bank
Etc
Why then is Gerry Adams apologising for what the IRA did?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-29723101

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 23, 2014, 07:28:03 PM

That hoary old canard: Gerry Adams is the leader of Sinn Féin, and ergo leader of all Irish republicans associated with SF, be that ex-IRA or not; therefore who else is there to speak on behalf of what, a now disbanded, organisation might have done in the past? 

Probably one of the most puerile pieces of pap being thrown in his direction these days, and that's saying something
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Maguire01

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on October 23, 2014, 07:36:56 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on October 23, 2014, 07:28:03 PM

That hoary old canard: Gerry Adams is the leader of Sinn Féin, and ergo leader of all Irish republicans associated with SF, be that ex-IRA or not; therefore who else is there to speak on behalf of what, a now disbanded, organisation might have done in the past? 

Probably one of the most puerile pieces of pap being thrown in his direction these days, and that's saying something
I'm not arguing with what you're saying. I was responding to someone who was suggesting that SF and the IRA were unconnected.

lynchbhoy

And how does that connect them?
( this should be good)

I could apologise to the Sporting and GAA world for dick clerkins dirtyness - as I'm an ulster man and GAA coach ... Does that mean I'm connected to Monaghan ??

Syferus

The rest of Ireland can't understand how Adams keeps his politically dead hands on the reigns of power.

Hard-line republicans are so out of touch with what constitutes acceptable behaviour it's become a sad joke to watch them react and explain away the crises that regularly engulf them.

larryin89

Former RNU secretary ?

Tried to get a couple of shinners done on membership charges?

Joe Cahills gran niece? ( story of brit spooks blackmailing him about photos they had of him sexually assaulting a 14 year old girl a few days ago, mirror i  think ran it) pure fuckin shite but strange the timing of it .

Walked out on her case because she refused to be questioned by defence?

Michael Martin sitting on it for two years?

Why did she approach FF leader?

I really cant make out whats going on with this but its certainly not as black and white as some think. There are other things ive heard but im not going type it in here.

The anti republican drive behind this is completely wrong, its driven by politics not sympathy for the alleged victim.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

trileacman

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 23, 2014, 11:14:49 PM
( this should be good)

I could apologise to the Sporting and GAA world for dick clerkins dirtyness - as I'm an ulster man and GAA coach ... Does that mean I'm connected to Monaghan ??

Did Gerry not meet this girl and play a direct role in the whole affair? I mean it's not like blaming the pope for what Brendan Smyth did but more like blaming Sean Brady.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: trileacman on October 24, 2014, 12:15:38 AM
Did Gerry not meet this girl and play a direct role in the whole affair? I mean it's not like blaming the pope for what Brendan Smyth did but more like blaming Sean Brady.

Yes, he did (though never a direct role FFS!), and this is what Maíría Cahill said of him in 2010:

"I have no interest in attacking Gerry Adams, I have been fond of him at times in my life, he was sympathetic at times. (Sunday Tribune)
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Maguire01

( this should be good)

You don't apologise for something you have no responsibility or accountability for.

If you apologised in the scenario you've suggested, everyone would be wondering why you're doing so. It would make no sense.

johnneycool

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 24, 2014, 07:06:29 AM
( this should be good)

You don't apologise for something you have no responsibility or accountability for.

If you apologised in the scenario you've suggested, everyone would be wondering why you're doing so. It would make no sense.

Like Dave Cameron apologising for the massacre on Bloody Sunday, he wasn't personally responsible for something the British Army did, but its more a symbolic thing as he's now head of that particular state.

Did it make no sense for Dave to apologise?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: johnneycool on October 24, 2014, 09:07:14 AM
Quote from: Maguire01 on October 24, 2014, 07:06:29 AM
( this should be good)

Like Dave Cameron apologising for the massacre on Bloody Sunday, he wasn't personally responsible for something the British Army did, but its more a symbolic thing as he's now head of that particular state.

Did it make no sense for Dave to apologise?
spot on there Ted!

for the life of me - after ive heard maria cahill say ina tv interview , that she had no truck with Gerry adams etc - why are people hell bent on trying to drag him into this
I think the guy is a dinosaur, yes he was good yesteryear, but imo is the Joe Brolly of sf (very entertaining but effects and affects the square root of feck all).
only people/detractors jumping on the potential to discredit sf , adams are trying to make tenuous links here....I think Maguire is jumping on it from his sdlp boat.
in the south, we have fg, ff et all trying to use it to discredit sf as they are growing as a party and will be a big player in Irish politics in the not too distant future it seems.
if I was fg ff lab - id be worried too.
would I resort to the dirty slanderous tricks to do it...maybe I would if I too was one of these slimey useless politicians (though I doubt if I would)

Syferus

If I were a major political party (FF and FG are the only ones that really count) I wouldn't be one bit worried about SF's magic sums and their closet full of skeltons. Karma's a bitch, lads.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Syferus on October 24, 2014, 03:46:28 PM
If I were a major political party (FF and FG are the one onlys that really count) I wouldn't be one bit worried about SF's magic sums and their closet full of skeltons. Karma's a bitch, lads.
Well obv yer not a political party and it's not the shinners who have much to worry about unless Mary Lou was actually the famous south Armagh sniper

Sf are not the IRA ( and most people now realise this - hence the big voting figures for sf) therefore will have same skeletons that most folk might have in the dail