Started by barryqwalsh, October 18, 2014, 02:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 18, 2014, 08:19:57 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on October 18, 2014, 07:26:32 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 18, 2014, 07:14:56 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on October 18, 2014, 03:37:36 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on October 18, 2014, 02:42:17 PM
Robinson going to visit the woman on monday. Quite sickening to see victims of this kind of thing be used for political gain >:(
Ms Cahill seems like a very intelligent woman. I don't think she's being used at all.
Poor girl is being used by every anti sf or anti Republican Party north and south!
For Cheap political gain!

Ok I don't know the facts and right now my sympathy lies with her.
I don't think any sane girl would make that up
I could be wrong.
If she's right then the culprit should have been court martialed and shot
I think she's the one using the politicians. She seems far too switched on for it to be the alternative. Thats not to say that SF's opponents won't make the most of it.
Really????

God love her. She must be desperate to do this.

But these politicians are as low as my opinion of them always was!
Disgusting. Opportunist . Point scoring.
Doesn't mask their incompetence though.

At least you and your party have not indulged maguire. The sdlp actually being decent by holding back!
I don't have a party.

lynchbhoy

Lol
I actually think you are more than just an sdlp activist!!

orangeman

This lady is taking to Twitter to fight her corner.

I sense that all is not as it seems.

Maguire01

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 18, 2014, 08:41:13 PM
Lol
Good for you. You're wrong, but if it makes you happy.  ;)

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Maguire01 on October 18, 2014, 09:12:21 PM
Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 18, 2014, 08:41:13 PM
Lol
Good for you. You're wrong, but if it makes you happy.  ;)
Am I sounding 'arrogant' ?
:)

weareros

Sinn Fein's attitude not much different to Catholic Church. It was all about the protection of the institution. Anyone who who stood up for the sexually abused was attacking the Church. They gathered ranks and left the victim isolated. Those who might be inclined to stand up for the victim feared the wrath of the institution. Those who stand up today are anti the institution - and the victim is being used to attack the institution. God save the institution. Sinn Fein/IRA clearly showing themselves to the paramilitary wing of the padeophile Catholic Church. Two sides of the same bad penny.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: weareros on October 18, 2014, 09:19:21 PM
Sinn Fein's attitude not much different to Catholic Church. It was all about the protection of the institution. Anyone who who stood up for the sexually abused was attacking the Church. They gathered ranks and left the victim isolated. Those who might be inclined to stand up for the victim feared the wrath of the institution. Those who stand up today are anti the institution - and the victim is being used to attack the institution. God save the institution. Sinn Fein/IRA clearly showing themselves to the paramilitary wing of the padeophile Catholic Church. Two sides of the same bad penny.
You are confusing sf with the IRA

Please don't besmirch the good name of the IRA with those shinner folks!

As for this girl - if this is true - it's a fecking disgrace. Think the timing of it is significant . Would never have been indulged in the militant times. I think as this seemingly happened towards the end - someone may have been indulged ( if this is true).

But good chap - you've managed to have a pot shot at the Catholic Church , the IRA and the shinners all in one go!
You missed out the GAA and the INLA. Must do better next time!

orangeman

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 18, 2014, 09:24:55 PM
Quote from: weareros on October 18, 2014, 09:19:21 PM
You are confusing sf with the IRA

Please don't besmirch the good name of the IRA with those shinner folks!

As for this girl - if this is true - it's a fecking disgrace. Think the timing of it is significant . Would never have been indulged in the militant times. I think as this seemingly happened towards the end - someone may have been indulged ( if this is true).

But good chap - you've managed to have a pot shot at the Catholic Church , the IRA and the shinners all in one go!
You missed out the GAA and the INLA. Must do better next time!

Give Willie Frazer a touch as well while you're at it lads - don't miss him.  ;)

barryqwalsh

Imagine if peaceful political campaigns were continued?

WE SHALL OVERCOME!

The armed struggle was counterproductive,  as a result, the nationalist community lost the moral high ground.

The issue become the violence, the legitimate grievances got sidelined. Without the violence, politicians in Belfast and London would have to deal with the issues head-on.

We shouldn't defend the indefensible out of blind loyalty. Equally and justice for all, means just that.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: barryqwalsh on October 19, 2014, 12:11:44 AM
Imagine if peaceful political campaigns were continued?

WE SHALL OVERCOME!

The armed struggle was counterproductive,  as a result, the nationalist community lost the moral high ground.

The issue become the violence, the legitimate grievances got sidelined. Without the violence, politicians in Belfast and London would have to deal with the issues head-on.

We shouldn't defend the indefensible out of blind loyalty. Equally and justice for all, means just that.
Your retro history re-writing is blind alright!

The same politicians you say would have dealt with things were the same ones that ignored the issues and problems of oppression and nationalist second class citizen treatment as they progressively descended into violent persecution by the unionists/loyalist/gov establishment - so debate and peaceful protest was not saving the lives being ruined by this or stopping the need for innocent nationalist/catholic/Irish from fleeing the six counties.
No
Violence was then met with violence.
Sadly it took this to bring the oppressors to their senses.

I feel you are taking the p**s though - no one could be as naive as yourself in that low level thinking. Or are you an 18 year old sdlp/alliance activist?

barryqwalsh

lynchbhoy

Quote from: barryqwalsh on October 19, 2014, 05:02:54 AM
Whatever you say, let's agree to disagree.
I never have an issue with people's different opinions

However you cross the line of fact and merge it with hysterical spin when you say things like lumping sf in with the IRA.
It's just plain wrong

I mean people could equally say
Unionists& loyalists/kkk
Sdlp/Opus Dei
Fine Gael & Fianna Fáil/ Anglo Irish bank
Etc

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: lynchbhoy on October 19, 2014, 10:24:48 AM
Quote from: barryqwalsh on October 19, 2014, 05:02:54 AM
Whatever you say, let's agree to disagree.
I never have an issue with people's different opinions

However you cross the line of fact and merge it with hysterical spin when you say things like lumping sf in with the IRA.
It's just plain wrong

Is it not true to since the IRA "left the scene" that a number of activists moved over to Sinn Féin?

I think that this is why this lady is claiming that there are people in Sinn Féin that know what went on.  So she is saying that you can't have Gerry, Dessie Ellis et al. all going round saying the know these things happened but can't comment on them.  Given her family history she will know individuals and seems to have some in mind.

I listened to her on Newstalk this morning and I have to say she sounds very creditable.  Her critique of Adams' Blog suggested she has a bone to pick and isn't going to let it go.  She pointed out that her alleged attacker was involved in Restorative Justice schemes which Adams praised in his blog.  She went as far as saying he did this to have a cut at here.

Also she said the usual measures won't work:
1)  She said no efforts by republicans to discredit her will drive her away because she has already gone out on a limb and very public.   
2)  She said she is going to all parties so that no one can saw she is being politically manipulated
3)  She said there are others that are going to come out of woodwork.

So I think Adams and Shinners are either telling the truth or else have to hope that she loses airtime before no. 3 comes to pass.

/Jim.