Gaels to get compensated for sitting on wet paint in the stands

Started by theticklemister, October 16, 2014, 10:09:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theticklemister

The Galway County Board has apologised and committed to reimburse spectators who were affected by wet paint at last weekend's Galway football semi-finals at Tuam Stadium.

The Connacht Tribune reported that at least 25 spectators sat on wooden seats in the stand that had been freshly painted. However the paint had not yet dried, and the fans were left with red paint on their clothes and much unhappiness when the issue came to light.

The oil-based paint had failed to dry in the expected time-frame leaving Galway County Board red faced.

The county board had remained tight-lipped on the issue until this weekend; however, sources have revealed the board have now confirmed they will issue compensation.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well what ye reckon they get?

orangeman

Quote from: theticklemister on October 16, 2014, 10:09:53 AM
The Galway County Board has apologised and committed to reimburse spectators who were affected by wet paint at last weekend's Galway football semi-finals at Tuam Stadium.

The Connacht Tribune reported that at least 25 spectators sat on wooden seats in the stand that had been freshly painted. However the paint had not yet dried, and the fans were left with red paint on their clothes and much unhappiness when the issue came to light.

The oil-based paint had failed to dry in the expected time-frame leaving Galway County Board red faced.

The county board had remained tight-lipped on the issue until this weekend; however, sources have revealed the board have now confirmed they will issue compensation.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well what ye reckon they get?

A bottle of Paint thinners each.

Jinxy

I'd say it really took the gloss off the day for those affected.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

AZOffaly

Quote from: Jinxy on October 16, 2014, 11:06:29 AM
I'd say it really took the gloss off the day for those affected.

Lads, in the scheme of tins, it doesn't really matt-er.

haveaharp

I'd say emulsions were running high when the jeans got ruined. Won't brush that one under the carpet.

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

brokencrossbar1

This paints the Galway CB in a very bad picture,  not one they can sit on...

AZOffaly

Why is the paint red by the way? Galway are maroon. Could they not afford a nice shade of maroon for the seats?

orangeman

The decorators could get a real flaking for this.

But I suppose the patrons will have to take the rough with the smooth.

orangeman

orangeman

Could they not have primed the patrons before letting them sit down ?.

Jinxy

Quote from: haveaharp on October 16, 2014, 11:30:47 AM
I'd say emulsions were running high when the jeans got ruined. Won't brush that one under the carpet.

;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.