Ulster U21 Championship 2015

Started by Blue06, October 15, 2014, 01:00:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Anyone with brief match report or scorers?
Who's up next?
Donegal?

Norf Tyrone

I make the trip to Brewster Breffni Park last night and glad I did. The conditions were shocking, but there was still a decent game of football, with some excellent skills on show.

Tyrone came out of the traps well, and effectively won the game in the first half with two high quality goals. Lee Brennan showed some lovely improvisation with a 'soccer' style touch and finish, and then Conor Meyler with a deft lobbed finish. The only time Tyrone looked exposed was when Armagh launched it direct and so they've something to work on in this regard.

When Tyrone played the game at pace, whether that be direct running or quick ball in, they looked very dangerous.

I thought Mark Kavanagh (Errigal) had a good game, and I still think he is the best underage player I've seen over the last few years. I am impressed every time I see him. Dan McNulty, Meyler and Frank Burns did well too, and I thought our own Cathal McShane put on a good show last night. Two well hit points at a critical time, and occupied the Armagh midfielder (O'Hanlon?) all night.

Armagh came back into it in the second half, but Tyrone saw the game out well. Sean Fox made a decent save that could've gave Armagh impetus, but you always felt Tyrone had another gear.

For Fuzzman- L Brennan 1-2 (2f), C Meyler 1-0, D McNulty 0-4 (3f), K McGeary 0-2, C McShane 0-2, R McGlone 0-1, M Kavanagh 0-1
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

nrico2006

What happened Bradley and was Sludden injured?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Man Marker

Bradley injured, Sludden got the eject button.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Man Marker on April 02, 2015, 10:38:27 AM
Bradley injured, Sludden got the eject button.
DId bradley get injured in the warm up or something?
It seemed to be a very late replacement.
That looks like a decent Tyrone side, although Donegal seemed to be impressive in their semi final
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Blowitupref

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

donegal lad

Game live on highland radio as well. 10 minutes gone it's currently
Donegal:0:02
Tyrone    1:01

omagh_gael

SuperHo

Tyrone by a point.  Listenin to martin mchugh on highland. The cub was at a pro thing in belfast last week and some official asked him to bring the u21 cup back to donegal as the co board wanted it.  Níl sé sasta

omagh_gael

Great stuff lads, been too long away from the top table In Ulster. Hopefully we can make an impression on the AI and some of these lads can make a a stab at the senior team over the summer.

Fuzzman

Very important win psychologically for the all the county teams in Tyrone as Cavan, Donegal and Monaghan seemed to have the beatings of us at U21 and senior level for a good few years now.

Who do we play next? Could it be a Dubs final?
Well done Dooher, Canavan and Logan.

Norf Tyrone

Roscommon on Sat week next Fuzz.

The Dubs play Cork or Tipp.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone