International Rules

Started by Jim Vaughan, October 13, 2014, 10:05:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

Quote from: Jim Vaughan on October 28, 2014, 10:15:45 AM
Finally, I hear that the Irish Team will be named today at 11:30.  Look forward to see who he is taking to Australia. I suppose he was waiting for county finals to finish?

I can hardly contain my excitement!
That was never a square ball!!

Jim Vaughan

I think the rules games are great. They should keep it going until they get a system that works. The problem has been the on-off approach which means no one knows whats happening. But the Irish players involved enjoy it.

Aristo 60

Seems like if you get on the team once you get to go again as I can't see how Kevin McKernan deserves a spot amongst the elite this year.

Zulu

The squad -

2014 Ireland Panel (IRS v Australia): Colm Begley (Laois), Colm Boyle (Mayo), Seán Cavanagh (Tyrone), Cathal Cregg (Roscommon), Mattie Donnelly (Tyrone), Finian Hanley (Galway), Pearse Hanley (Brisbane Lions), Darren Hughes (Monaghan), Lee Keegan (Mayo), James McCarthy (Dublin), Ciaran McDonald (Tipperary), Neil McGee (Donegal), Chrissy McKaigue (Derry), Kevin McKernan (Down), Kevin McLoughlin (Mayo), Conor McManus (Monaghan), David Moran (Kerry), Niall Morgan (Tyrone), Ross Munnelly (Laois), Michael Murphy (Donegal) - Captain, Colm O'Neill (Cork), Pádraig O'Neill (Kildare), Paddy O'Rourke (Meath), Aidan O'Shea (Mayo), Aidan Walsh (Cork) - Vice Captain.

I thought Colm O'Neill injured his shoulder though but it appears not!

Max Payne

Quote from: Zulu on October 28, 2014, 11:49:43 AM
The squad -

2014 Ireland Panel (IRS v Australia): Colm Begley (Laois), Colm Boyle (Mayo), Seán Cavanagh (Tyrone), Cathal Cregg (Roscommon), Mattie Donnelly (Tyrone), Finian Hanley (Galway), Pearse Hanley (Brisbane Lions), Darren Hughes (Monaghan), Lee Keegan (Mayo), James McCarthy (Dublin), Ciaran McDonald (Tipperary), Neil McGee (Donegal), Chrissy McKaigue (Derry), Kevin McKernan (Down), Kevin McLoughlin (Mayo), Conor McManus (Monaghan), David Moran (Kerry), Niall Morgan (Tyrone), Ross Munnelly (Laois), Michael Murphy (Donegal) - Captain, Colm O'Neill (Cork), Pádraig O'Neill (Kildare), Paddy O'Rourke (Meath), Aidan O'Shea (Mayo), Aidan Walsh (Cork) - Vice Captain.

I thought Colm O'Neill injured his shoulder though but it appears not!

Surprising there is only one Dub on the panel! What about MDMcA or Brogan or even Cluxton? Did they not make themselves available?

Jinxy

Good to see all the Meath lads are boycotting this.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

5 Sams

Quote from: Aristo 60 on October 28, 2014, 11:46:59 AM
Seems like if you get on the team once you get to go again as I can't see how Kevin McKernan deserves a spot amongst the elite this year.

Would Marty Clarke have made the panel if he wasn't on honeymoon?
The Aristocrat Years

Syferus

At least Paulie dispensed with politics and picked two Roscommon lads this year  8)

rodney trotter

MaCauley is injured, missed the Senior Club Semi with Balllyboden. Brogan had club commitments but don't think he was asked this year anyways. Cluxton couldn't commit.

Good to see a spread of Counties involved, the likes of Ciaran McDonald getting a chance.

Paddy O Rourke is on the panel Jinxy...

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on October 28, 2014, 12:05:32 PM
At least Paulie dispensed with politics and picked two Roscommon lads this year  8)
+1.
Mind you I don't see your mate Creggerín  being of much use in this game  :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

5 Sams

Is Tommy Walsh injured? You'd have thought he would have fitted in, especially with his mate David Moran there.
The Aristocrat Years

Rossfan

Quote from: Jinxy on October 28, 2014, 12:00:13 PM
Good to see all the Meath lads are boycotting this.
Obviously the O'Rourkes aren't long enough in Meath to qualify  ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

twohands!!!

Quote from: Max Payne on October 28, 2014, 11:58:38 AMSurprising there is only one Dub on the panel! What about MDMcA or Brogan or even Cluxton? Did they not make themselves available?

I'd say there would be a fierce number of lads from all over the country who didnt make themselves available for a number of reasons
1)injury
2)risk of injury
3)no real interest
4)not wanting to travel all the way to Oz for just one game
5)not wanting to use limited holiday time off work
6)not wanting/or being able to take time off university
7)club commitments

As such I really wouldnt be getting any bit concerned about the makeup of the squad

Schkite

What's the story with players still involved with the club, are they waiting to see if they get knocked out before they leave? McManus and Murphy both playing this weekend, are there many others?

Syferus

Most players love it. Only a few absentees that don't have pressing club concerns that prevent them from featuring.

Rosfaneen, if they can't catch Cathaleen they won't do a lick of damage to him. Probably among the fitness players on the panel anyways. He's been dealin' with big beashts since he pulled his first calve..