Championship draw 2015

Started by GalwayBayBoy, October 09, 2014, 04:02:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Quote from: PAULD123 on October 09, 2014, 08:23:34 PM
Down have been drawn away from home for the ninth straight year in succession for our opening championship game. Surely no one thinks that is fair?

Are you feeling Down? Surely it is better to allow Derry beat yous by a point or two than have you hammered by Armagh?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

sligoman2

If Ross beat London will our game v Ross be in Sligo?
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

SouthDublinBro

Why do teams in Leinster/Ulster have to play 3/4 games in their province every year while Mayo/Cork/Kerry can get away with only playing twice to be provincial champs?

Joke of a system tbh.

Syferus

armaghniac

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on October 09, 2014, 09:04:49 PM
Why do teams in Leinster/Ulster have to play 3/4 games in their province every year while Mayo/Cork/Kerry can get away with only playing twice to be provincial champs?

Joke of a system tbh.

Leinster might have games, but these could hardly be described as a "match". I suppose that wouldn't be anything to do with half the population being in a joke of a county?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

larryin89

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on October 09, 2014, 09:04:49 PM

Joke of a system tbh.

its a numerical thing.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

From the Bunker

Brolly looked and sounded depressed as he talked about each draw. Really, you can see how he should be. There is little to get excited about. Munster as bland as ever. Seedings and byes into Semi-finals leave only a 50/50 chance of Cork/Kerry being forced early into the back door and one of the others having a bit more of a chance of winning a Muster title. Leinster/Connacht draws hard to get excited by as well. Then we have Ulster, and the whole Provincial Championship looks a joke. No seeding here. No soft day trips to New York or London. Not all your games played on your home turf. Just looking at Donegal and in order for them to retain their title have to beat Tyrone, Armagh, Down or Derry and possibly Monaghan. And then they are only in the Quarter finals. It beggars belief?

SouthDublinBro

Quote from: armaghniac on October 09, 2014, 09:09:44 PM
Leinster might have games, but these could hardly be described as a "match". I suppose that wouldn't be anything to do with half the population being in a joke of a county?

Dublin have 24 times as many AI titles as your county, but we certainly don't have 24x the population of Armagh. Historical overacheivers compared to you guys I suppose.

AQMP

Ulster lop-sided again.  They really should seed us and Fermanagh so we can only meet in the final.

mylestheslasher

Cavan v Monaghan - let the abuse begin, we could have 100 pages before next summer on that thread.

From the Bunker

Quote from: SouthDublinBro on October 09, 2014, 09:27:25 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on October 09, 2014, 09:09:44 PM

Dublin have 24 times as many AI titles as your county, but we certainly don't have 24x the population of Armagh. Historical overacheivers compared to you guys I suppose.

Just when you thought comments on this board could not get any more stupid!

Schkite

Quote from: mylestheslasher on October 09, 2014, 09:31:19 PM
Cavan v Monaghan - let the abuse begin, we could have 100 pages before next summer on that thread.

Should be good!

sligoman2

Quote from: Syferus on October 09, 2014, 09:08:08 PM
Quote from: sligoman2 on October 09, 2014, 09:01:01 PM
If Ross beat London will our game v Ross be in Sligo?

Yis.

Should be an easy win for us if we have a manager at that point.  ;D ;D ;D :o :( >:(
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Shrewdness

Former Limerick football manager, Liam Kearns, has been appointed as a selector to the Roscommon senior team by fellow Kerryman, John Evans.

Captain Obvious

Tough draw for Armagh and preparing for it by playing in division three won't help.