Aaron Kernan Retires From County Duty

Started by stpauls, October 07, 2014, 05:15:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: DuffleKing on December 15, 2014, 02:52:36 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on December 15, 2014, 01:43:58 PM
Quote from: DuffleKing on December 15, 2014, 01:40:00 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on December 15, 2014, 01:30:42 PM
I don't think it's a sustainable approach full time, and I think it will lead to short careers as people realise they have to live their life off the pitch too.

If it's only a pre-season blitz or something, then maybe fair enough, but I suspect this is what McGeeney thinks is required.

Hard to deny the power of propaganda... Armagh are doing four sessions per week - two of them in the gym. Hardly life amending. Down are doing five sessions a week

Are you saying BC1 and that Irish News article are wrong? If so, fair enough, then the discussion is academic.

Yup,  it would appear so

Fine I will believe what I was told you believe what you were told. I have no agenda nor do the people I spoke to.

Syferus

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on December 15, 2014, 04:06:22 PM
I don't think it's a sustainable approach full time, and I think it will lead to short careers as people realise they have to live their life off the pitch too.

If it's only a pre-season blitz or something, then maybe fair enough, but I suspect this is what McGeeney thinks is required.

Hard to deny the power of propaganda... Armagh are doing four sessions per week - two of them in the gym. Hardly life amending. Down are doing five sessions a week

Are you saying BC1 and that Irish News article are wrong? If so, fair enough, then the discussion is academic.

Yup,  it would appear so

Fine I will believe what I was told you believe what you were told. I have no agenda nor do the people I spoke to.

Geezer's training methods are hardly a big mystery. It's obviously going to be a huge workload.

mackers

Yup,  it would appear so
+1.
There are no early morning sessions.
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

Captain Obvious

Injuries are high risk when training on frozen pitch like that.

orangeman

Where are the so called player welfare managers who were going to police this stuff ?.

The counties are making all the £ and county managers seem to be getting the kid glove treatment and no one is going to rock the boat especially pointing the finger of blame at your own county. The irish news reported one day that a certain county was holding 3 sessions a week @ 6.30am then a couple of days later retracted it and said there were no morning sessions at all in fact.

Laughable.

clarshack

Professional footballers don't even train at 6.30am. Someone needs to stand up to this craziness!

rrhf

I wonder what Aaron Kernan would make of all this going on, and in his name too...

ardtole

The westmeath u 21s were training yesterday morning with the senior team also, im working in that area at the moment and I know one of the lads on the u21 panel and he told me last night they didnt even get a cup of tea after the training session. It is complete madness, shows no respect for the players, the state of the roads alone around most of westmeath  at that time of the morning should have been good enough reason to postpone or delay the training session. 

orangeman

Quote from: clarshack on December 31, 2014, 01:40:07 AM
Professional footballers don't even train at 6.30am. Someone needs to stand up to this craziness!

Just to clarify. There are no 6.30am or early morning sessions being held anywhere. It doesn't happen. You've got the wrong information.

muppet

Indeed they are only 5 hours into their 20 hours of rest at that time.
MWWSI 2017

seafoid

Professional rugby players could be concussed at 6.30 am.

supersub

No, because professional footballers are exactly that, professional. It is their 9-5 to train. Not a great analogy as you aren't comparing like for like.

From the Bunker

Quote from: supersub on January 01, 2015, 03:08:32 AM

No, because professional footballers are exactly that, professional. It is their 9-5 to train. Not a great analogy as you aren't comparing like for like.

You're joking!  Them professional sportsmen would not lace the boots of an intercounty gaa player or a Crossmaglen club player. I say we take to social media to defend our local heroes and for acknowledgement of how superior they are to other sports in terms of skill, commitment,  fitness and being a role model.

supersub

My reply was in relation to 'professional footballers' not 'even' training at 6.30an, no more no less. I am simply making the point that this is irrelevant as they do not need to train at that time because it is their JOB to train during the day, at more sociable hours.  Arguably the reason GAA teams do it is because they have to go to work I would have thought....  I am not getting into the GAA v professional sports people argument as it has so many flaws and isn't relevant to my initial point.

orangeman

I should be starting a thread on its own for this man. John Galvin has packed it in. He was a serious competitor.

If born in Kerry, the neighbours, he'd have had some medal haul.