Donegal v Armagh Championship game

Started by MrC, April 18, 2007, 10:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

QuotePints you need to get out more.  Spending the game on the PC while your team is playin. 
::)
And there's me thinking I was doing one of your county men a good turn. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Tyrones own

It was much appreciated, don't mind him
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Orior

Feckity feck.

Despite this deafeat, rumours of Armagh's demise are greatly exaggerated.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

INDIANA

cant believe a Mayo fan wants to take them on "

ahh! mayo fans the art of self delusion.
Donegal got out of jail- armagh by far the better team and should have been further ahead at half-time. Armagh by no means finished and no-one will want to draw them in the qualifiers. I thought armagh maybe ran out of legs in the last 10 but at least donega; kept going but the short passing game in the second half while playing with the wind- nearly proved to be their undoing. i thought donegal were awful up front aside from mc fadden. Midfield kept them in the game.

Over the Bar

Two questions arise from this game.

How good are Donegal?

How good are Armagh?

Neither answered today.

From the Bunker

well done Donegal! But you have to say the better team were bet today. Donegal still lack guile or cuteness and this will tell as the bar rises over the next couple of months. The back door teams will not be happy to see Armagh in so soon. Armagh looked to be over the line comfortaby today but for the freak last minute goal. They will not be phased by the back door. Donegal have now a genuine chance of winning Ulster given Tyrones much publicised injury crisis. My only concern for them is that they have had to peak early for their League triump and todays Ulster chp tie and the wind may be out of them come August. Anyway to all Donegal fans congrats!

Tyrones own

Quote from: Over the Bar on May 27, 2007, 06:16:35 PM
Two questions arise from this game.

How good are Donegal?

How good are Armagh?

Neither answered today.

Armagh are better than are being given credit for even without Clarke and B. Mallon

Donegal, not convinced as they have been playing with as near to a championship 15 since February,
 steam rolling everyone in the league. Funny when they meet a team with as equal a starting fifteen on the first day out, they're lucky to survive :-\
 Strong panel no doubt but can they get it done on the big stage? time will tell........
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

bombidal

M O'Rourke is some tr**p ... must surely get a ban for pushing donegal manager.
*** Gaaboard Fantasy Football Champion 09 ***

Over the Bar

QuoteM O'Rourke is some tr**p ... must surely get a ban for pushing donegal manager.

Don't go putting your rent money on it........

tyroneman

Usual 'advert' for Ulster Football today. Not much skill, plenty of application and big hits going in.

Thought Bannon again was poor - very very fussy on some matters then lets an awful lot go 2 minutes later. Players don't know where they stand with him.

Would love to copyright the word 'intensity' as it's all the RTE pundits can come up with watching Ulster this past decade.

Armagh suprised me a great deal - looked far and away the better team in the second half and cutely kept the physical levels high in the first to take the sting our of Donegal. Heartyy will have nightmares about that goal for years to come though.

The only danger for us is that Donegal will hardly play as bad again.........................

Mayo v Armagh is a nailed on cert if Dublin avoid the qualifiers -otherwise it's an Orange and Blue replay.

ONeill

Good luck to Armagh in the Tommy Murphy. Should take it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

stew

I am heartsick, we had them dead to rights again and our own keeper throws one into the back of the net, this was a game we could have won comfortably but as long as they can get up for the first round qualifier Armagh will be hard to beat, I am delighted that Armagh showed they are still a force to be reckoned with and I really want Mayo now that they have had a poster on here slabbering about them wanting us, I will put a hundred on Armagh at evens if that draw comes out of the hat.

I am looking forward to the comments on Stephen Kernan, they should be interesting.

Good luck to Donegal in the Uster and i hope you knock it into the tyronies in the semi final.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Donegal to win the Ulsterin a canter, we will hopefully meet them again at the business end of the season, i hope to feck they hammer their next opponent.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Over the Bar

Armagh have to take heart from their display tho.  Most of their own fans had written them off so they've got over the first hurdle of proving the doubters from within their own county wrong.  From this they should regroup and get to the quarters if they can avoid some of the better back-door teams.

Over the Bar

QuoteDonegal to win the Ulsterin a canter, we will hopefully meet them again at the business end of the season, i hope to feck they hammer their next opponent.

Somehow I'd expect Tyrone is the last opponent Big Joe would want in the qualifiers..........