Donegal v Armagh Championship game

Started by MrC, April 18, 2007, 10:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armagh leg-end

I think armagh are going to win this game by two points. then get a crack at tyrone in the semis. donegal will be hard to put away, but if the forward line get the ball they need in, and if marsden, mcconville and mcdonnell are on top form, they will be hard to stop. surprised that paul duffy isnt starting.
Ard Mhacha Abu

corn02

It is a game I will not be prediciting. Two teams evenly matched, two teams tipped by many, the game is nicely poised. We can talk about location, bogey teams or whatever. Now it will just come down to the two teams, for me there is not a favourite.

Hank Everlast

maybe he wasnt showing to well at training. i saw him play for the ogs against the clans few weeks back and he was poor enuf.

Uladh

How would armagh do if McGrane was injured and didn't play sunday?

maddog

Quote from: Uladh on May 24, 2007, 04:04:43 PM

How would armagh do if McGrane was injured and didn't play sunday?

Are you saying he is injured?

Uladh

did i say that?

Just looking for a simple scenario prediction

High Catch

There certainly are rumours going around that McGrane is injured although the latest is that he will play.

maddog

Quote from: Uladh on May 24, 2007, 04:13:56 PM

did i say that?

Just looking for a simple scenario prediction

No but i thought that was what you were inferring. I guess Loughran would come in for him at midfield, and we would quite likely be fooked.

tintin25

Did Stephen Kernan even start for Crossmaglen in the All-Ireland Club championship final???

High Catch

Donagh

Quote from: Uladh on May 24, 2007, 03:10:58 PM

By the way... Donagh... you owe me money... how much did i put on with you?

I politely ignored your request for a bet as refraining from gambling was a lesson I learned early in life!

Uladh

Its all right... i won enough on meeeeeeeeeeelan to do me over the weekend and inevitable lapse on monday

Malone Aristocrat

Quote from: tyroneman on May 24, 2007, 01:47:28 PM
QuoteTwo fellas any other county in ulster would love to have in their defence

erm....................................no thank you

Looking at the teams who have played in the ulster championship so far....

Cavan - no full back, no centre half
Down - No full back, no centre half
Fermangh - no centre half
Tyrone - no full back

pintsofguinness

i said i would if s k starts on sunday i won't be there and i wont.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Donagh

See you in the qualifiers Pint!
===========
===========
Injured Armagh duo close to return

Thursday, 24 May 15:42 BST    

Armagh Senior football manager Joe Kernan is hopeful that Ronan Clarke and Brian Mallon could yet play a part in this year's championship.

The news comes as a welcome boost to the Ulstermen ahead of Sunday's clash with Donegal in an Ulster SFC quarter-final at MacCumhaill Park in Ballybofey.

Both players suffered cruciate knee ligament damage last season and are notable absentees from the Orchard County's starting XV this weekend.

Kernan was forced to recall the retired Diarmuid Marsden to the county colours after a spate of injuries to several key players left his squad looking increasingly threadbare. Championship debutant Brendan Donaghy plays at full back, replacing the injured Francie Bellew, while Kieran Toner will partner Paul McGrane in midfield in an unfamiliar-looking Armagh team.

Should Armagh defeat the National League champions on Sunday, an Ulster semi-final clash with arch-rivals Tyrone on June 17 awaits. The provincial decider is scheduled for July 15 and represents a reasonable comeback date for the injured duo.

'They are nearly at full pace in training and you are talking six to eight weeks before they are back in full match conditions,' Kernan said to the Irish Daily Star.

In the event of a defeat against Donegal, the first round qualifiers take place on July 7.