Donegal v Armagh Championship game

Started by MrC, April 18, 2007, 10:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

Quote from: balladmaker on May 23, 2007, 12:18:14 AM
Just to up the ante....this Sunday is the unofficial Ulster Final...whoever wins will be crowned Ulster Champions in July.....who disagrees?

Whoever wins the 'Battle of Ballybofey' will get firmly trounced by Tyrone in the semi.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

Wha........the same Tyrone that scraped past Fermanagh on Sunday with Mickey Harte nearly pulling out his scabby beard?

shame, Donagh!
"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

Donagh

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on May 23, 2007, 09:37:28 AM
Wha........the same Tyrone that scraped past Fermanagh on Sunday with Mickey Harte nearly pulling out his scabby beard?

shame, Donagh!

Sunday will be a war of attrition with red cards and stretchers all over the place whereas the fresher Tymone will have a few more back from injury.

David McKeown

Hank

If its a capacity crowd on Sunday and a draw, then should the replay not be back in Crossmaglen.  I know it would completely incapable of holding a match that size but surely Armagh should be entitled to home advantage as well
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

corn02

Armagh never deserve home advantage the way they have pissed about regarding a good ground.

In Armagh the take up of tickets has been very very slow, are the Clubs in the North experiencing the same?

David McKeown

I know we got slightly more tickets than we were expecting but we only got 2 stand tickets, the rest were all terrace.  This is probably going to stop quite a few people from going within our club and now everyone who wants one should be able to get a ticket.  Not sure what if any we will be sending on to other clubs.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

J70

Quote from: Hank Everlast on May 23, 2007, 08:34:54 AM
P Hearty,
A Mallon, E McNulty, F Moriarty,
A Kernan, K McGeeney, C McKeever,
P McGrane, J Lavery,
M O'Rourke, D Marsden, P McKeever,
S McDonnell, P Loughran, O McConville

- as per Irish Star
(team to be confirmed on tonight)

definitely not available for selection due to long-term injuries are: Ronan Clarke, JP Donnelly, Brian Mallon and Francie Bellew. Peadar Toal will not be in contention for selection either as he won't be back to full training until next week. Andy Mallon is back and is 100% fit. There do not appear to be any other injury worries.

Assuming that is the final selection, it doesn't look that weak to me. Anyone who is predicting a big Donegal win needs their head examined!

Will Loughran play full-forward, or will he be pulled back into midfield?

corn02

Tha won't be the team J70. Close enough though.

illdecide

we got 6 stand tickets and 140 for the terraces, and talking to the chairman on mon night he reckons anybody in the club who wanted a ticket will get one. So obviously the hundreds that would normally attend Croke and Clones are not going!!
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Abble

even though both counties got approx 10k tickets each its apparent that the split to each county between terrace/seating is not so even.

ie. i've heard 3 instances now where clubs in armagh are getting approx 130 tickets with around 10 of these being seated, clearly to be given to elderly or children and with that kinda distribution obviously a lot of people are just not going to be able to go EVEN THOUGH the demand should be huge.

why can these dumbwits who are in charge of our games not promote the thing a bit better. ok, i understand there was the issue of the 20k capacity at ballybofey which i dont really have an issue with BUT why oh why could they not have made sure that if 10k people are going from armagh and 10k people are going from armagh that both are looked after EQUALLY?!

Hank Everlast

qub la la la

Quote from: Hank Everlast on May 23, 2007, 08:34:54 AM
P Hearty,
A Mallon, E McNulty, F Moriarty,
A Kernan, K McGeeney, C McKeever,
P McGrane, J Lavery,
M O'Rourke, D Marsden, P McKeever,
S McDonnell, P Loughran, O McConville

- as per Irish Star
(team to be confirmed on tonight)

stephen kernan will start the game, loughran will miss out

definitely not available for selection due to long-term injuries are: Ronan Clarke, JP Donnelly, Brian Mallon and Francie Bellew. Peadar Toal will not be in contention for selection either as he won't be back to full training until next week. Andy Mallon is back and is 100% fit. There do not appear to be any other injury worries.

corn02

S Kernan and Probably Toner in for Laveryn and Loughran, although Lavery played well in training the other night when I saw it.

Fuzzman

I think if Armagh play Marsden, McDonnel and Oisin in the FF line then Donegal will have their work cut out
Suppose it depends on quality of ball going into them

Thought Donegal's midfield v Mayo in NFL final was very dominant.

On another note
Does anyone think that clubs should ask members to retain ticket stubs and use this later in the season (If required of course) to prioritise ticket allocation after committee, players etc.

Hank Everlast

i just dont see joe throwing steven in from the start, it is leaving him and steven open for slaughter if (or when ) he under performs!
toner or lavery is probably a 50-50 at the mo.