Donegal v Armagh Championship game

Started by MrC, April 18, 2007, 10:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

That's a good point, TAM.

Rather than start a side debate here, I think I'll start a thread to get views on the rule.

armaghniac

Barry has posted the video on Orchardcounty.

http://www.orchardcounty.com/images/ArmvDon.wmv

I'd say it was a square ball, although the camera following the ball makes it hard to see where Cassidy was. Standing behind that goal yesterday I thought it was a square ball, although Hearty might haver dropped it anyhow, someone running it at you could be a distraction.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Travis T O Justice

Anyone know when the qualifier draws are being made? Will it be this Sunday or next?
"If it was easy any monkey could do it....go get me a monkey Barry".

armaghniac

QuoteAnyone know when the qualifier draws are being made? Will it be this Sunday or next?

Probably neither, there are several relevant games to play yet, I imagine the draw will be in 4 or 5 weeks.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

hopball

Ok lets be honest here, Armagh were obviously by far the better team throughout - Donegal wont go far with that team.  Could someone tell me why there is a panel of 30 for County team if Kernan is only going to use 'certain' players everytime.  Why did he think that we needed 4 midfielders at the end of the game, and none of them can score?????? Why did Oisin McC stay on for the ful second half, he dd nothing, i dont know if he was injured or what was the story but he should have been taken off.  S Kernan, typical after he scored that one point he was never coming off, bad performance did nothing else, should have been off for a SCORING forward.  Armagh are playng with a half forward line that cant score.  so bascially we are dependng on three forwards to do all the work, NOT GOOD ENOUGH!!!  What about the subs surely there are a few players on the sideline that could be put on. Joe needs to wise himself up. 

Point on the slagging off the fans, did Mulgrew slag off his supporters after 12,000 ppl turned up in Clones to watch Fermanagh/Tyrone NO!!!  Joe doesnt want to take responsibility for his actions am i not right in saying that at the start of the year he blamed the players for loosing a game.  What a joke.  Those 2000 ppl didnt put on Mal Mackin when we needed forwards, those 2000 ppl didnt make Hearty drop that ball. NO!!!

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteWhy did Oisin McC stay on for the ful second half, he dd nothing

Coulda swore I saw him scoring a crucial goal.

Oisin's one of the last people I'd take off simply because, regardless of how he's played for the previous 69 minutes, if he gets the ball in scoring range a point down, there's no better man to slot it over the bar. Look at the Cross drawn AIF this year. If Donaghy had slipped the ball outside to Oisin instead of shooting himself with a minute to go there's a decent chance we'd be headed for CLones this weekend.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

hopball

yeh a goal that he was lucky to get, i said why did he stay on the FULL SECOND HALF, obviously you read that wrong there, i didnt c him doing anything else after that did you??? thats the prob with JK he wont ever take OMC off unless he has to be stretchered off.  Yellow and black tinted glasses yet again.  Why leave him on cause he MIGHT do something, wise up.

bennydorano

Miceal O'Rourke would have been an excellent sub to bring on, but not as a HF in a game like that, he's defo  better in the FF line.  I wouldn't have taken of MCConville either, he's a go to player when the chips are down.

REgarding the minor game I wouldn't be getting carried away, to say it was 'breathless' football is abit wide of the mark, Donegal bossed the game for long periods and I thought Armagh won without any great particular rhyme or reason, didn't think it was much of a game and I'd expect Tyrone to wipe the floor with them, they are also physically very small.

Peadar Toal is still injured, although I heard he was due to be back in training this week he's unlikely even to play for Harps in the champo next weekend.

ExiledGael

Have to say I agree with Joe Kernan about the Armagh fans.
Using Charlie Mulgrew is a stupid analogy. Fermanagh have the smallest GAA playing and supporting population in the country so he could never expect a huge support. Tyrone should have been disappointed with their crowd
Anyway, the point Kernan made was that 2000 tickets had to be returned as Armagh couldn't sell them, after all their complaints about the ridiculous choice of small venue, and availability of tickets a lot of their fans couldn't be bothered travelling an hour or two to support their team, quite a few of which seem to be on here

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteWhy leave him on cause he MIGHT do something, wise up.

Name a player on the bench who was more likely to get a few scores towards the end of the match than Oisin McConville?

The point about Joe and Cross is occasionally valid but in this case its completely unfair.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Armagh Exile

Any truth in the rumour that David McKenna has been added to Armagh Senior Panel?

stew

Hopball, McConville on his worst day is still a far bigger threat than all but two of our players, he wasnt playing well but set us up to win with his goal only for hearty to throw one in the net and we lost as a result. McConville has nerves of steel and he is a winner, to take him off makes no sense at all unless he was injured and could not go, he wasnt and joe kept him on,  you should be bitching about Stephen Kernan.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Orior

As was posted earlier, this pic would suggest that the sun was definitely in Hearty's eyes.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ONeill

I think Donegal deserve more credit than they're getting. Who on earth beats Armagh when they're relatively off-form whilst Armagh clicking at times?

It was interesting reading the Irish News ratings totals:

Armagh defence = 48
Donegal defence = 39

Armagh midfield = 14.5
Donegal midfield = 13.5

Armagh attack = 41
Donegal attack = 37.5

The only area where Donegal bettered their opponents was between the posts - Durcan 7 Hearty 5.

We're missing something......
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ExiledGael

A total fluke goal, that's what you're missing!!