Donegal v Armagh Championship game

Started by MrC, April 18, 2007, 10:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

qub la la la

jesus long is the day a donegal man would cry about having to journey to croke park!!

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: qub la la la on May 21, 2007, 12:13:02 PM
perhaps donegal men should concentrate on getting out of ballbofey with a win this week before talk of ulster finals. armagh wont be going up the road to make up the numbers. its a disgrace the game isnt in clones and taking armagh all the way to ballybofey could do alot to fire them up!

Hows it a disgrace ye dose! Armagh have no devine right to choose where the game is played!

Uladh

Quote from: Donagh on May 21, 2007, 11:31:24 AM
Uladh, your analysis seems to be predicated on S Kernan, starting. I really can't see it happening in this game especially with Vernon on the bench.

Care to offer me odds Donagh? Joe has jumped through a lot of hoops and crossed a lot of people to ensure that stephen can play at number 11 for armagh and he's not going to miss his opportunity.

Goats Do Shave

It sounds likely, after hearing bits & pieces from La Manga. He also started there against Meath.

What nights are the lads training this week? - Tuesday & Thursday's before a game isn't it?

- Has it returned to Callanbridge yet...or are they doing the rounds still?

naka

stephen kernan will be centre half forward on sunday

illdecide

Quote from: naka on May 21, 2007, 02:06:45 PM
stephen kernan will be centre half forward on sunday

Wouldn't it be interesting if he was and he had a stormer, there would be some guys with red faces on this board :D
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Uladh

If Shaq Throws enough free throws he'll score eventually. he'd still be shit at free throws.

Fiodoir Ard Mhacha

"Something wrong with your eyes?....
Yes, they're sensitive to questions!"

TheHeckler

Quote from: Fiodoir Ard Mhacha on May 21, 2007, 04:06:19 PM
What price the tickets anyone?

from Donegal site:

"The prices for tickets are as follows:

€27/£18 Covered Stand

€25/£17 Uncovered Stand

€18/£12 Terrace

Please note there are no concession tickets available".

bennydorano

I've been saying long before Donegal won the NFL that we would get a gubbing in this fixture, if anything, I'm even more pessimistic.  If S Kernan starts if could get embarassing(I don't think he will start), but you never know he might have a stormer.  Toner will be starting from what I've heard and I don't expect McGeeney to start.  What's the chances of Ginny ann loughran starting at FF :-[ Joe defintely favours a target man of some description, there aren't many options, Lavery or possibly even Toner?

The one big thing going for us is that we are being witten off, it's manna from heaven for Big Joe- an ideal motivating tool. Team I'd expect to see:

Hearty
Mallon, Toner,McNulty
AK, McKeever, Duffy
MCGrane, Lavery
PMcKeever, Marsden, MOR
Oisin, Loughran, McDonnell

I'd love to see Michael O'Rourke in the FF line, but that's not going to happen.  I'd also love to see Vernon play(and he will at some stage I'd imagine), but in the HB line not the forwards.

Uladh

You're deluding yourself Benny... the team is hearty, mallon, mcnulty, moriarty, kernan, mcgeeney, mckeever, mcgrane, toner, McKeever, kernan, o'rourke, mcdonnell, Marsden, McConville. no room for debate... thats the team, god help us.

naka

uladh you have impaccable sources, but tthere may be injuries that u havent counted on :-\

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Can't wait for Sunday, have been to the two Cavan v Down matches over the last two weeks, so hopefully I'll see some decent football this weekend.

Wouldn't write Armagh off (as I have watched them beat us the last 5-6 years) but I believe that Donegal have a confidence this year that has been lacking in the past. Devenney (if he doesn't play) will be a big loss, but other then that we have a near full strength team, Armagh have a number of key players missing, this I feel may prove decisive.

Tickets have been a nightmare, I'm getting mine from Carlow!!!!!
Tbc....

BroJolly

There's an interview with oisin on orchardcounty.com where he says Toner will be startin g midfield. Anyone know why the likes of McKenna and Hanratty from cross are not in the squad?

armaghniac

QuoteAnyone know why the likes of McKenna and Hanratty from cross are not in the squad?

Hanratty didn't play particularly well in the U-21, McKenna's day will come.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B