Women & Weddings - WTF?!

Started by bennydorano, October 02, 2014, 07:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

93-DY-SAM

Another craze that's new to me anyway is couples taking baby photos before the baby has arrived.  What's that all about?  I don't want to see photos of couples posing in fields of barley or whatever else hugging a bump.  It's not something the world needs to see.

bridgegael

The little note that comes in the invites saying there is a social media ban on photos of the bride and groom and wedding party.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

AZOffaly

Quote from: bridgegael on October 06, 2014, 02:29:44 PM
The little note that comes in the invites saying there is a social media ban on photos of the bride and groom and wedding party.

Seriously?

screenexile

I heard one where a load of the brides friends got a picture taken ("The Girlies") and one of the girls fired it up on Facebook... she got a text from the Bride at the top table asking why they had posted a picture on Facebook from her Wedding and her not in it!!!

Radda bout yeee

Getting married next year and found this thread interesting.

Re engagement photos - my other half told me that when she booked photographer that she gave us a free engagement shoot in the price which my reply was 'not a f**king chance!' I've had a few friends do them and they are so cringe its unbelievable. If I can manage it there will be minimal photos at the wedding as little as I can get away with whilst trying to keep her happy.

What about the opinions on this – Entrance songs for every couple on the wedding party!!

I hate them – I was on a couple of wedding parties where this was the case and I didn't like it particularly the most recent as the bridesmaid I was paired with was trying to make me run, skip , dance everything on the way in when all I wanted to do was get to my seat as quickly as possible! Just had the conversation with the missus and I told her that I didn't like it and that I would come in with her to entrance music and a clap or two but the rest will just be at the table like the rest of us! She disagreed and called me odd and the debate continues LOL

Brick Tamlin

Think we are getting off the key theme here of women and weddings.

Ask yourself whats at the root cause of all the tomfoolery and bullsh!t attached to weddings.
WOMEN.
Men standing by while their women dictate the wedding gig. I know its their big day but come on ta f**k.
Ye think a man would come up with half those hair-brained schemes of his own bat? No f**kin way!
Ye think a man would ever think of sticking a photo booth in at the reception. No f**kin way. Would we be let install a beer pump or two at the tables?.i doubt it..
Women are running crazy when it comes to weddings and men just stand by and do what they are told. Bullied into handing over large sums of money or agreeing to put up with the most ridiculous of demands.

Mothers of brides are poisoning their daughters too with what their idea of a dream wedding should entail too. They put ideas into the daughters heads. They encourage the behaviour when really they should know better. They be laughin at us men behind their handbags whilst they manipulate and pull strings from behind the scenes..."Oh my mam thought it would be a good idea if......" or " Mum thinks I should be inviting great aunt Gerty (who incidentally smells of p!ss and cant see 2ft in front of her). Ye know rightly whenever your woman comes out with a new thought attached to the wedding it has been planted there by her mother at some stage.

screenexile

Basically weemin are completely mental . . . 

Rois

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 06, 2014, 02:31:59 PM

Seriously?
Wish I'd done that.  I got downright sick of looking at my own wedding photos on Facebook.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Rois on October 06, 2014, 03:35:38 PM

Seriously?
Wish I'd done that.  I got downright sick of looking at my own wedding photos on Facebook.

Liar :)

Radda bout yeee

I wouldn't be against this although maybe sending a msg in the invites not the way to do it.

It would bug me if someone was taking photos of me and the other half at the wedding and posting them on FB that minute. Snap away at guests and put them up if they want!

BennyCake

Great idea. I heard a wedding where mobiles were taken off people at the door. I'm all for that.

AZOffaly

Quote from: BennyCake on October 06, 2014, 05:04:53 PM

Great idea. I heard a wedding where mobiles were taken off people at the door. I'm all for that.

That's for different reasons :)

ziggysego

Quote from: Rois on October 06, 2014, 03:35:38 PM

Seriously?

You looked lovely Rois :)
Testing Accessibility

pullhard

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on October 06, 2014, 02:17:39 PM
Another craze that's new to me anyway is couples taking baby photos before the baby has arrived.  What's that all about?  I don't want to see photos of couples posing in fields of barley or whatever else hugging a bump.  It's not something the world needs to see.

Of topic, But on facebook, when women write status from the baby. "look my first pair of shoes" GRRR  >:(