Women & Weddings - WTF?!

Started by bennydorano, October 02, 2014, 07:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canalman

One thing that drives me nuts at weddings are those clowns  who insist on setting up a sweep to guess how long the speeches will take. Spanners of the highest order.

Unfortunately every table also seems to have someone who will insist on telling you about when they did the Camino. In great detail sadly.

muppet

Quote from: Canalman on October 05, 2014, 07:42:14 PM
One thing that drives me nuts at weddings are those clowns  who insist on setting up a sweep to guess how long the speeches will take. Spanners of the highest order.

Unfortunately every table also seems to have someone who will insist on telling you about when they did the Camino. In great detail sadly.

Is this Dublin slang for Bridesmaid?  ;)
MWWSI 2017

screenexile

Quote from: Canalman on October 05, 2014, 07:42:14 PM

"It's a Camino thing"

Aye good one... how about you try the "Go f**k yourself" thing!!! Twats!

AZOffaly

What's a camino?

As for the speeches, I love those sweeps. It's the only thing that keeps them interesting. I mean let's be honest, who the f*ck wants to hear various lads and ladies at the top table telling each other how great they are?

theskull1

My best man did very memorable speech at my wedding. In return I was completely sh*te and still cringe at the speech I gave that day.  :-[
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 03, 2014, 02:02:55 PM
I've an attic full of Newbridge cutlery :)

And I've an attic of John Rocca wine glasses. Nearly blew a gasket when they arrived courtesy of a side deal from her friends. Like if I had a side deal for a surround sound system for "the house" from my mates I'm sure it would have gone down well. They have to stay in the attic for everyone's well being. I think I made my point.

The Camino is a walking trail in north Spain.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

laoislad

Quote from: theskull1 on October 06, 2014, 11:13:24 AM
My best man did very memorable speech at my wedding. In return I was completely sh*te and still cringe at the speech I gave that day.  :-[
Nothing compared to me I'd say....I forgot to mention the wife in my speech....!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ziggysego

Quote from: laoislad on October 06, 2014, 11:15:10 AM
Nothing compared to me I'd say....I forgot to mention the wife in my speech....!

I was at a wedding when the groom's brother got drunk, said the family sighed with relief when he met the bride as they all though he was gay and then went on a 10 minute rant of 26 years of pent up aggression.  :o
Testing Accessibility

Boycey

I've not read back through all the pages but has anyone mentioned wedding websites??? What in the name of jaysus are they all about? A mate of mine got married stateside last year and had one. There were full profiles of all the wedding party plus other "interesting" facts, loads of photos and a countdown clock to the big day itself!!!

Thought it might be an American thing but a keep this date free letter rather than an invite came through the door last week for next July from a cousin of mine and lo and behold they have a wedding website!!!!!!

Myles Na G.

Worst speech I ever heard was from a groom who kept bubbling up and bursting into tears. Even his family were getting fed up with it after a while. Could've understood it if there'd been a recent bereavement in the family, but that wasn't the case. I think the occasion just got to him, but it was certainly embarrassing for everyone.

Walter Cronc

Has cheesy engagement photos caught on here yet??

Big in the states!!

johnneycool

Quote from: Walter Cronc on October 06, 2014, 01:19:35 PM

Big in the states!!

Just saw one of those today on Facebook, cringeeeeeeeeeee.

trueblue1234

Quote from: laoislad on October 06, 2014, 11:15:10 AM

Don't worry I mentioned her in mine.

BOOM BOOM
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

clarshack

Big in the states!!

yes, heard of someone doing one in local area. unbelievable!

Walter Cronc

Quote from: clarshack on October 06, 2014, 01:31:00 PM

Big in the states!!

yes, heard of someone doing one in local area. unbelievable!

There are people up and down the country making a fortune out of it no doubt!!